Opinion on upgrade on Legend

Reenie75

We have booked Legend for April 2019 to Hawaii. Today I received an upgrade for $46. Originally booked inside #6287 to upgrade #4107 obstructed french doors interior. I've never seen this but is this considered an upgrade the email says higher deck, closer to pool blah blah blah???

Anyone stayed in an cabin with obstructed french doors?

Also a load of insides for deck 7 and 8.

Edited by Reenie75

Here’s a couple things to consider: 1) 4107 is not between two lifeboats, so you will have no view. But you will have some daylight and possible fresh air if the doors open (I’ve heard mixed info on this; some have been nailed shut). And 2) this cabin will be two deck below where you are now. Not higher. I don’t know why it says that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Personally I have a phobia of rooms without a window so I definitely would do it lol. $46 isn't bad at all to get natural light, fresh air by opening the doors, and what is probably a slightly bigger room sq ft wise.

It would be a nice upgrade, in my opinion. If you decide to take it, ask if there are any available cabins between the lifeboats and get one of those. If not, at least you will have light, and if the doors open, a breeze.

Just make sure to keep the curtains closed if just getting out of the shower, or changing clothes, as the crew does use the catwalk just outside the French doors sometimes for maintenance, or cleaning.

We like this type of cabin very much, because you do get somewhat of an ocean view for an inside price.

You’ll hear some noise from the showroom during the production shows.

These are our favorite type of cabins.

is not above the show lounge

. Actually above the promanade.

The french doors dont open and I cant seem to think I'd like looking at the safety boats. I did however call to ask about other cabins they have inside deck 7 and 8. Lots this cruise is not selling fast. Well its not the cost at all, I'd happier pay for something better I just dont see the upgrade 1 deck up in the same area and cabin as a upgrade. Declined online so maybe the upgrade fairy will come back we have a year to go.

We have booked Legend for April 2019 to Hawaii. Today I received an upgrade for $46. Originally booked inside #6287 to upgrade #4107 obstructed french doors interior. I've never seen this but is this considered an upgrade the email says higher deck, closer to pool blah blah blah???

Anyone stayed in an cabin with obstructed french doors?

Also a load of insides for deck 7 and 8.

Hey! Sounds like you're going on our cruise. Carnival Legend 4-2-2019, Sydney >> South Pacific>> Honolulu??

If so, there is a Roll Call started so join in and start making this dream come true. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2549268

Mav