Contact info for Chen Rio

athena73

Hi All!

We are hitting Cozumel on the Carnival dream in May. We are renting jeeps to go to Chen Rio on the other side of the island. My nephew plans on proposing to his girlfriend on the beach there. I would like to contact Chen Rio to find out if they have champagne/sparkling wine of if they don't can we bring our own. Does anybody know a way of contacting them, i.e. website/email/phone number?

Thanks!

I agree with sid..best to bring your own. Stop at MegaStore before heading over to Chen Rio.

I think they are on Facebook so you can try a search and see.

But there is no electricity on the east side beaches so websites and phone aren't available. Be sure to check for the number of ships in port that day. The beach there isn't that large and there have bee reports of several tour buses stopping at the same time. Not exactly the atmosphere for a proposal.

An alternative might be Punta Morena. It is a small hotel and nice beach structures and they too are on FB. In the past this has been a very pristine beach for the east side.

I would suggest trying the TripAdvisor local forum for a local contact number, to see if anyone knows who owns or manages the restaurant. Bear in mind there are two restaurants at Chen Rio, not sure which you are interested in or if you are solely going for the location? El Pescador definitely on Facebook for contact, not sure about Chen Rio.

I cannot think they would be too pleased at you bringing champagne into the restaurant without checking first but the beaches are all public and if you had your own bottle (and glasses) I guess it would be OK away from the restaurant, although not sure how you would keep it cool?

I tend to agree with Crew that Punta Morena is also a great location to consider, with out of the way areas for photos and several special locations - old abandoned boat, cross, lookout tower with seats, hammocks, mariachis. We have done a photo shoot with a photographer there.( Not sure about a hotel - they have some overnight cabins from what I recall.) I am not sure if they have champagne, although menus can be found on Google search but they definitely have a Facebook page for contact. They used to have a website but I am not sure it is still maintained. I have emailed them in the past.

• 1 year later...