Too cold for Princess Balcony Breakfast in July

Suzwed

I know overall the temperature can vary quite a bit, but was thinking about doing the Princess Balcony Breakfast as an Anniversary surprise for my husband on one of the mornings we were sailing in July. Would love opinions on whether or not it is USUALLY warm enough to be enjoyable out on the balcony, or might be a waste of money.

I don't know what to tell you exactly, but... I've noticed in my traveling around that people in other parts of the world (outside the USA) tend to eat outdoors in much cooler or "bad" weather than we normally would. I've ate at sidewalk cafes in Europe when people at home in the USA would never think of doing it - too cold or too damp. Below is a pic I took as I was walking past a TGIFriday's in downtown Stockholm a few years ago towards the middle of November. They weren't quite open for lunch yet but they were ready for people who like to eat on their patio - see the blankets laying around? I think it was in the high 30s or low 40s outside. :D

My *guess* is that unless it's raining that a July breakfast on your balcony wouldn't be such a bad thing no matter what. If you're cold-natured plan for that particular morning and take some flannel PJs and robe with warm slippers to enjoy your anniversary breakfast. Have them bring you hot chocolate too. :)

8319152253_5dc31ef0cc_b.jpg

I wouldn't waste the money. It's not to bad when there is no wind blowing, but it's to cold with the wind blowing at around 25 MPH to try and sit and eat. We've been to Alaska many times and it's almost to cold to sit out outside and have a drink during the day.

• 2 weeks later...

Plan it for the day you are sailing thru Glacier Bay. The scenery is spectacular and you’ll enjoy it whether you are on your balcony or inside your cabin! The food is delicious and very special...usually crab quiche, fresh fruit, pastries and I believe Mimosas. If you have any allergies, make sure you arrange for alternatives with the Room Service line in advance. Enjoy!!