Question about our plan for the day?

ski_mom

We're wanting to spend some time at a nice beach, go to maho beach to see the planes and possibly do some shopping in Marigot.

Would we be able to find someone to take our group of 6 to do these things after we get off the ship, or should we book a tour that includes these things ahead of time? Or possibly just take taxis when and where we want to go? I wondered if the individual taxi costs would end up costing almost as much as a tour by the end of the day though??

Also, looking at orient beach since it's so famous, but is the non-nude side appropriate for kids? We'll have our 15 year old son, as well as 19 & 20 year old daughters with us. If not, what beach would you suggest?

Thanks for any advice!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We're wanting to spend some time at a nice beach, go to maho beach to see the planes and possibly do some shopping in Marigot.

Would we be able to find someone to take our group of 6 to do these things after we get off the ship, or should we book a tour that includes these things ahead of time? Or possibly just take taxis when and where we want to go? I wondered if the individual taxi costs would end up costing almost as much as a tour by the end of the day though??

Also, looking at orient beach since it's so famous, but is the non-nude side appropriate for kids? We'll have our 15 year old son, as well as 19 & 20 year old daughters with us. If not, what beach would you suggest?

Thanks for any advice!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How much is the tour that goes where you want to go?

To Orient, Marigot, Maho and back to the pier would cost about $30 pp. give or take for each of 6.

How much is the tour that goes where you want to go?

To Orient, Marigot, Maho and back to the pier would cost about $30 pp. give or take for each of 6.

Thank you, the one I was looking at was $45 pp I think. We may just end up doing the taxis because they would also be more flexible. I might try to see if we can find a driver to stay with us for the day and go to the places we're interested in.

Thanks again! The approx cost for the taxis is exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you, the one I was looking at was $45 pp I think. We may just end up doing the taxis because they would also be more flexible. I might try to see if we can find a driver to stay with us for the day and go to the places we're interested in.

Thanks again! The approx cost for the taxis is exactly what I was looking for.

You could cut travel time and cost by skipping Orient and instead adding Mullet.

Taxi to Marigot-taxi to Mullet for beach time- walk 15 minutes to Maho for the planes and then take a taxi to the pier

Personally this would be my suggestion.

It would cut about close to $45 in total and 30 minutes or more in travel time even with the 15 minute walk.

You could cut travel time and cost by skipping Orient and instead adding Mullet.

Taxi to Marigot-taxi to Mullet for beach time- walk 15 minutes to Maho for the planes and then take a taxi to the pier

Personally this would be my suggestion.

It would cut about close to $45 in total and 30 minutes or more in travel time even with the 15 minute walk.

Thanks! That's a good idea. I also read somewhere that there's been a seaweed problem on the Atlantic side, so Mullet would probably be a good idea because of that reason too.

Thanks again for the suggestion!

Thanks! That's a good idea. I also read somewhere that there's been a seaweed problem on the Atlantic side, so Mullet would probably be a good idea because of that reason too.

Thanks again for the suggestion!

I will know more about the seaweed issue next month when I visit. I have read that the cul de sac where the Pinel island ferry departs from, Orient and the end of Simpson Bay beach nearest Maho are all experiencing this seaweed infestation at this time.

When is your cruise stopping in St. Maarten?

We'll be there next Tuesday - nothing like last minute planning :')!

I can post when we get back if I see a seaweed problem anywhere, but right now, I'm leaning toward sticking with the Mullet suggestion, so wouldn't be going to Orient anyway.

We'll be there next Tuesday - nothing like last minute planning :')!

I can post when we get back if I see a seaweed problem anywhere, but right now, I'm leaning toward sticking with the Mullet suggestion, so wouldn't be going to Orient anyway.

Haha better ever than never they say!

Have fun and please do come back and let us know the conditions of the beach. 😊

When we approached the taxi stand and told them our plan to do indiv. taxis along the way (Marigot/Maho/Philipsburg) the driver told us he would take us for the same 3 taxi rates but stay with us throughout the day. Perfect, same cost, stayed as long as we wanted at each stop and didn't have to search out a taxi at each location.