Carnival HUB app and internet packages

LRnascarfan

Has anyone used the Carnival HUB app on board the ships? I read for a small fee you can use the HUB app to communicate with others in your party. We have 2 cabins. Myself and 3 kids are in one cabin on one deck and my son and his friend are in another cabin on another deck. It would be nice to be able to keep up with them somewhat. Also, about the wifi package that Carnival offers. I would just want the one where you can post to social media, not unlimited internet. Does anyone have any experience or tips with this offer?

Thanks,

Kim H.

Has anyone used the Carnival HUB app on board the ships? I read for a small fee you can use the HUB app to communicate with others in your party. We have 2 cabins. Myself and 3 kids are in one cabin on one deck and my son and his friend are in another cabin on another deck. It would be nice to be able to keep up with them somewhat. Also, about the wifi package that Carnival offers. I would just want the one where you can post to social media, not unlimited internet. Does anyone have any experience or tips with this offer?

Thanks,

Kim H.

I have used the social package -- it's AWESOME. Great bargain. You can use FB instant messanger to text with everyone that's on board with you (each person will need their own phone and must buy the plan separately) and you can also use it to message people from home ... AND you can use it to CALL people from home - there is a little delay. Last cruise I even did a video call to someone from home.

I have not used the HUB app yet and not sure of the pricing for that.... but I'll probably always get the social package so cant see paying extra for the hub.

Cheers!

Jeff aka Recovery Dude:)

Thanks,

Kim H.

We were on Sunshine in February and we used the HUB app it worked great for us. It was very easy to use. It was nice being able to pull up the map of the ship on the app as well. Also, we could look at our sail and sign card charges on the app (this wasn't available on the TV as we have had it on other ships), as well as the menu's, time's places were open etc. Lots of info.

No it doesn't.

9d361d9ee6ec8c03c7f7eeb4786ffc8e.jpg

Is this price sheet for any cruise? I saw the $5/$16/$25 per day but I just figure and 8 day cruise would be $40 for the whole cruise, so I'm wondering if this paper was for a five say cruise or all cruises. Thanks!

Those are daily prices, they also have weekly packages. We paid $150 for 11 days for the max package.

Look closely. There is the daily price and then underneath it the cost for the whole cruise. This is the paper that was in my cabin on the Glory Feb 20-27, 2016. I bought the Social Media package for $25 for the entire week. It would have been $5 per day otherwise.

Edited by firemanbobswife

Does each person need the plan or can you share it? I have three 19 year olds and really do not want to buy 3 plans

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You can share it amongst however many people you wish. However.... only one device can be logged into the plan at a time. So you would truly be SHARING it.

Can iMessage from apple or Facetime be used on the $5 day plan or any of the plans for that matter?

iMessage did work up until half way through the last day. FaceTime no. Facebook Instant Messenger yes but it was painfully slow more times than not.

If you read the descriptions, it appears you will need the Premium plan for FaceTime or Skype.

Edited by firemanbobswife

I used iMessage with the Value Plan to keep in touch with our cat sitter while on the Sunshine.

Note that only four ships have use of the Hub app: Carnival Breeze, Carnival Freedom, Carnival Glory and Carnival Sunshine. This was also the answer to a trivia question in the RedFrog Pub.

Also, the chat feature is $5 on its own whether you have an Internet plan or not. For my wife's phone we only purchased the chat feature. It was very unreliable and didn't deliver perhaps 30% of the messages during the cruise. On one occasion I ended up running down from deck 14 to 3 just to let her know where I was. Very frustrating. Even chatted while sitting next to each other and didn't see messages come across. Did I mention you pay $5 per person for that?

On the social plan can you access airline websites? I would like to get check in and get our boarding passes 24 hours before we dock. Thank You.

Yes.

Most questions can be answered about the Internet plans by reading the paper that I posted previously in this thread. If you are having a hard time reading it let me know and I can make it bigger.