Javin's MyIsland tours - Has anyone gotten any response?

ohiowilly

They do have a life besides getting back to potential customers at the drop of a hat. Javin has an excellent reputation as a tour operator on St Kitts but I am sure he likes to take some time off on his weekends to be with his family.

They do have a life besides getting back to potential customers at the drop of a hat. Javin has an excellent reputation as a tour operator on St Kitts but I am sure he likes to take some time off on his weekends to be with his family.

We just toured with him this last week and he actually doesn't get much time off. Has tours most every day.

I would highly recommend his tour if you are reasonably active. There were only seven of us (plus Peaches). He supplied a good lunch plus rum at the beach.

Excellent day

Thank you, Paul, for your expert response. Personally, I don't consider a two-week wait for a response as an expectation for a response "at the drop of a hat." My question was a simple one, and did not merit the type of response that you provided.

Enjoy your day.

We just toured with him this last week and he actually doesn't get much time off. Has tours most every day.

I would highly recommend his tour if you are reasonably active. There were only seven of us (plus Peaches). He supplied a good lunch plus rum at the beach.

Excellent day

I'm glad to hear that he's operating as usual. I thought that I had read somewhere that he was having problems with his tour vehicles - I may have him confused with another operator in St Kitts.

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent day

I'm scheduled with Javin in January. Could you give me a few details about your day? How strenuous is the hike, is there a secure place for belongings (camera, etc.) while you snorkel. Etc. Any other little details would be appreciated.

Debr

Thank you, Paul, for your expert response. Personally, I don't consider a two-week wait for a response as an expectation for a response "at the drop of a hat." My question was a simple one, and did not merit the type of response that you provided.

Enjoy your day.

Paul58 has always been helpful on these boards, so the post might not have been meant to come across sarcastically. He probably didn't realize you had been waiting two weeks for a response. But I'd be concerned if I hadn't heard in two weeks either. Actually, we had a similar situation a couple years ago with a popular tour group on another, neighboring island. We contacted them to book a tour an never received an official confirmation nor did we hear back with a message notifying us the tour was already filled. We finally tried contacting them a couple weeks later, but this time using my husband's personal AND work email address and got confirmation later that night. They had received the original inquiry and had sent confirmation, but their confirmation email kept getting returned as non deliverable. They did have the correct address. It turns out that the problem was actually OUR email account/internet service provider's server that was blocking their email from coming through. clear.png?emoji-embarrass-1727 We don't know the reason, but maybe their server suspected spam since it originated outside the USA??? If you have a work email account or another email that you could use, it might be worth a try to see what happens. Good luck and hope you hear from them soon. We haven't toured with Javin ourselves, but friends of ours have and they really enjoyed their day.

I'm scheduled with Javin in January. Could you give me a few details about your day? How strenuous is the hike, is there a secure place for belongings (camera, etc.) while you snorkel. Etc. Any other little details would be appreciated.

Debr

I toured with Javin last year. The hike was not strenuous at all, but snorkeling was, in my opinion. I was 32 and fit, and it wore me out. Javin recommends (maybe requires?) using his lifejackets, so safety was not a concern. Someone from Javin’s team stayed with our belongings while we snorkeled. It was a great tour. Enjoyed it very much.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Debr

The hike was not strenuous but also not a paved trail. A little slippery in places. Climbing Black Rocks also just challenging enough to be fun. Snorkeling was a bit strenuous as it was quite a distance to the shipwreck and we went as a group. Did not see much in the way of fish. Starfish and a turtle.

My husband stayed behind during snorkeling and played with Peaches but Javin always offered to let us place any belongings in his locked truck cab. He also provided a nice lunch midway and rum at the last beach.

My husband and I are both 70 and were not at all challenged by the hiking.

I toured with Javin last year. The hike was not strenuous at all, but snorkeling was, in my opinion. I was 32 and fit, and it wore me out. Javin recommends (maybe requires?) using his lifejackets, so safety was not a concern. Someone from Javin’s team stayed with our belongings while we snorkeled. It was a great tour. Enjoyed it very much.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you!

Debr

The hike was not strenuous but also not a paved trail. A little slippery in places. Climbing Black Rocks also just challenging enough to be fun. Snorkeling was a bit strenuous as it was quite a distance to the shipwreck and we went as a group. Did not see much in the way of fish. Starfish and a turtle.

My husband stayed behind during snorkeling and played with Peaches but Javin always offered to let us place any belongings in his locked truck cab. He also provided a nice lunch midway and rum at the last beach.

My husband and I are both 70 and were not at all challenged by the hiking.

Thank you!

Debr