Mini Suites - Emerald Deck, Majestic Princess.

Busy Mum

Hi, I'm hoping all you knowledgeable cruisers out there can help me.

We are looking at booking a Mini Suite on the Majestic for next September and my query is: We are interested in a Mini, Aft on Emerald Deck. Do these Mini's have an 'overhang' over the balcony, are they partially or fully covered? We are personally not fans of the extended overhang as we find them a bit too dark for us, we prefer more sunshine.

I have tried to 'search' this but I have had no luck - I do apologise if this has been discussed before but I cannot find anything.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Vicki. :D

Majestic is the third of the Royal class. I think if you search/ask about those cabins on Royal or Regal you will get answers.

These are pictures of the aft of Royal Princess, taken in Bonaire

enhance

enhance

enhance

The balconies go straight up, no balconies overhanging others. EM

Edited by Essiesmom

"Majestic is the third of the Royal class. I think if you search/ask about those cabins on Royal or Regal you will get answers."

I don't know the answer to the OP's question, but would mention that deck 8 aft is different on the Majestic than on the Royal and Regal. You will not get answers from Royal & Regal information.The Royal & Regal have balcony cat. cabins deck 8 aft. The Majestic has minis that project outwards.

"Majestic is the third of the Royal class. I think if you search/ask about those cabins on Royal or Regal you will get answers."

I don't know the answer to the OP's question, but would mention that deck 8 aft is different on the Majestic than on the Royal and Regal. You will not get answers from Royal & Regal information.The Royal & Regal have balcony cat. cabins deck 8 aft. The Majestic has minis that project outwards.

sknight is correct that you can't refer to the Royal or Regal because the Emerald deck mini's were first introduced on the Majestic and little info has been posted. I don't have specific knowledge of the Emerald deck minis but we planned a cruise on the Majestic that had to be cancelled [emoji45]and I did a lot of looking at the construction photos. They appear to be the same as Grand class Dolphin deck mini's wth a totally uncovered balcony. Unfortunately they appear to have the smaller 4' deep Royal class balconies rather than the 7' deep balconies on the Grand class ship's.

Don't know why you are booking a mini, but one deck above the mini's on Dolphin deck are deluxe balcony cabins that have a love seat rather than a sofa in a separate sitting room and no tub. However they appear to have balconies similar to the Grand class Caribe deck balconies about 9' deep with only the first 4' covered.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you for all your comments. I will continue to 'research' this ship.

I'm still hopefully anyone that has 'first hand experience' will be able to assist me.

Vicki. :-)

Take a look at the photo of the Majestic at the top of this page. Just forward of the lifeboats are the Emerald deck mini's. There is no overhang on the balconies and they are completely uncovered.

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/mj-majestic-princess/

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The additional photos confirm what I had posted as a result of my research before the Majestic launched. There is no overhang from above so the balconies are totally uncovered and it certainly appears that the balconies are only 4 feet deep.

A total of 60 of these mini's were added forward and aft of the lifeboats on Emerald deck on the Majestic. Above the mini's are 56 deluxe balcony cabins with much deeper balconies, probably the same 9 feet as Grand class Caribe deck balconies. These cabins added back a portion of the "wedding cake" layout of the balconies on the Grand class ships.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you very much IECalCruiser and Cruisintoddler - your comments, links and subsequent pictures have helped me incredibly. Just love this forum, such helpful and wonderful people, thank you again. Now to decide between a Mini or a Premium Balcony - so looking forward to experiencing a new ship. Us Aussies don't get to experience new ships very often, if at all.

Vicki. :-)

We were in E709 on the Majestic. Loved the location. I was so excited when I realized that there were mini-suites in the aft on Emerald. We love the covered ones on the Grand Class ships. We like being I the aft. I was surprised when I walked out on the balcony on the Majestic, looked up and saw the sky. No covering. I didn't mind. For me being in the aft of the ship is more important than the covered balcony although I do like it covered. The Royal and the Regal do not have any minis in their aft sections so not my favorite ships. I liked the Majestic.