Chankanaab with dolphin swim

minnie368

Cruising the Disney Fantasy in april and plan to go to Chankanaab and do one of the dolphin swims. Booking through DCL we won’t be able to schedule it until later on the day than we’d like to because we want to spend the whole day there. Any recommendations on a company to book through and do you feel we would be ok doing this? It’s our first cruise so we’re very inexperienced. All ashore that day is 830am

Welcome to the boards! :cool:

Cozumel is very easy and safe to do independently -- check "shore excursioneer" or "Cozumel discounts" Viator is another place to check for discounted excursions.

Taxi for 4 to Chankanaab will be about $11 each way - check the fare board near the taxi line for your pier for the current taxi rates. Chank offers a small beach, sea lion shows, separate snorkel area, plus okay food, drinks and service - a great place to spend the day with kids.

Good luck with your planning and have a great cruise! :D

In the past, we have booked on our own using dolphindiscovery dot com. It is the one at Chankanaab. They currently have specials, which are usually less expensive than booking directly with the cruise lines. Enjoy, no matter where you book! :)

Thanks for the info and welcome! I’m sure I will have lots of questions. How early do you think we could safely book our excursion with us getting in at 8:30am?

Taxi ride should be under 15 min - 9:30 should be okay, but 10:00 would be safe and give you lots of time after to enjoy the park. Have a great cruise! :D

In the past, we have booked on our own using dolphindiscovery dot com. It is the one at Chankanaab. They currently have specials, which are usually less expensive than booking directly with the cruise lines. Enjoy, no matter where you book! :)

We also use DolphinDiscovery!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’ve been looking at dolphin discovery but their policy makes me nervous. If we don’t make port we don’t get a refund- just a future credit. This is probably a one time trip for us so I don’t know if we’d be back to use it. How risky is it? What are the chances we couldn’t dock in mid April?

Missing ports is usually because of a storm - you are cruising outside of hurricane season :eek: so you should be okay; the ship could have issues or be delayed by a sick passenger - things can happen, but I would bet that you'll make your port on schedule