Booking 3 cabins on website

nigel_c

Hi,

I'm trying to book our first Princess cruise for 6 family members but for the life of me I cannot seem to enter how many cabins I need. Any pointers from experienced Princess bookers would be welcome (it's amazingly straightforward on the Celebrity website....).

Thanks

Nigel

Hi,

I'm trying to book our first Princess cruise for 6 family members but for the life of me I cannot seem to enter how many cabins I need. Any pointers from experienced Princess bookers would be welcome (it's amazingly straightforward on the Celebrity website....).

Thanks

Nigel

Call them.

I would definitely use a T.A.. They can get you what you require, and more than likely provide you with some additional perks that are not included when you book directly with Princess. If you want all the cabins together or near each other make sure you have the T.A. make your bookings "no upgrade." If you book yourself you must call Princess to make this designation. You can not do it on line.

Just a note, when booking make certain you have all the passenger names exactly as they appear on their passports or other official documents if not using passports.

I can't think of any reason to NOT use a travel agent (TA), there is no "discount" for booking direct or online. Almost every TA will offer you at least a little onboard credit, bottle of wine or tray of chocolate covered strawberries. Sometimes their agency has block a number of cabins expecting them to sell and thus can offer you an additional perk. Do your research online and tell the TA which cabins you want, presto done.

Check your credit cards. Do they offer travel services? We are taking an Alaskan cruise next month and getting 10% cash back of the basic cruise fare. Others over 1-2% or sometimes $100 for spending $500 with a particular cruise line.

For my family I always have to book two cabins next to each other, which is easily done on the website. Then I call Princess and have them link the bookings, or just wait until I call in with a refare/promo switch or cabin upgrade later and do it then. For three cabins it would be the same process. If you aren't sure and would rather call them, they can do it on the phone for you and link the reservations together. I wouldn't recommend using a travel agent because most don't monitor the fares and promos for you, and you could miss out on a lower fare down the road or a great promo. Also, if you find a better promo yourself, you can't just call Princess to make the change but rather have to rely on the TA do it. I'm a bit of a travel control freak so this would bother me, but if it's fine with you that is another option (as mentioned by others).

Thanks for all the responses.

I prefer to book online so that I can control the booking completely myself. I have found that I really don't like having to wait sometimes days for a response from a TA. They don't work weekends, they don't work at midnight, they put you in a hold queue and they have many other clients to deal with. For me, it's not worth the hassle to get a few extra perks. When I want something done, I want it done immediately [emoji4]

Having said that, I did make my three cabin booking online through the warehouse club I am a member of and received cabin credit for each cabin (that still counts as a TA right? So thanks for the reminders about TA's if you meant online ones). The price I paid is near the lowest there has been for this particular sailing (June 18 Royal Princess UK cruise) according to [emoji568] [emoji226] website that tracks such things. Of course, I'm sure others may have got a better deal through their TA but I'm happy with a very "low" price and $665 cabin credit (total).

Later, I called (reluctantly [emoji6]) Princess and had them link the bookings.

We can't wait for this first foray into Princess from Celebrity. (Nothing against them at all). Did it as a last minute thing as I couldn't find a rental property we could agree on and this cruise lined up with our existing flights perfectly.

Nigel

Edited by nigel_c