Question on FTTF

Check50

So I got FTTF this cruise cause I cant wait on these lines with the 2 kids anymore, but was wondering how it works with the appointment times. Will I still have the preferred embarkation if I miss my appointment time? We will be driving down to FLA and dont want to feel stressed for time.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

So I got FTTF this cruise cause I cant wait on these lines with the 2 kids anymore, but was wondering how it works with the appointment times. Will I still have the preferred embarkation if I miss my appointment time? We will be driving down to FLA and dont want to feel stressed for time.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

To clarify, the Appointment Arrival times are when passengers can enter the port building to check in.

Embarkation begins after the ship is cleared of passengers and by customs.

That said, you still need to choose and Arrival Appointment time but you can arrive any time before or after that time since you purchased FTTF. There should be a separate line for those who are VIP or purchased FTTF.

I have a quick question I just purchased the FTTF for my cruise August 2019 and after I purchased it it gave me a time to board for 12:30-1:00pm. Is that the time I have to board? We sail at 4:00pm so what time do you think we will be able to board? I believe the cabins are available at 1:00pm if im not mistaken. Is the FTTF worth it? Sorry for all the questions.

Edited by kutty77

I have a quick question I just purchased the FTTF for my cruise August 2019 and after I purchased it it gave me a time to board for 12:30-1:00pm. Is that the time I have to board? We sail at 4:00pm so what time do you think we will be able to board? I believe the cabins are available at 1:00pm if im not mistaken. Is the FTTF worth it? Sorry for all the questions.

Not a lot of questions, so here's the answer.

Carnival rolled out a staggered time for check-in in several ports a couple of years ago and have continued to add ports to the program.

Every cruiser has one time they pick, and that's the check-in time. You don't pick the boarding time, regardless of what they call it.

Check in times relate to the time that group of passengers are allowed into the terminal to get their documents and similar to a hotel, check-in. Then those passengers are assigned a boarding group number and herded to a waiting area.

Those groups are called in order, and again in groups to control the chaos that sometimes comes with large groups of people wanting to do something at the same time.

When the ship is ready for boarding they will call for wedding parties, diamond guests and then platinum guests to board the ship. When you hear the platinum guests called get your carry-ons ready, you and those that purchased Faster To The Food (that's my term) will board. You will get priority over the boarding groups described above.

Go aboard the ship, take the elevator to the deck where you cabin is and go drop off your things. The fire doors leading from the elevator lobby will be closed, open then and go down the hall. Don't wait until 1:30 for the those without priority access, your cabin will be ready. Some report an anecdotal case where they aren't ready, but friends that travel with us who purchase FTTF haven't experienced the delay.

Here's where Carnival makes is confusing; you with FTTF, the diamond and platinum guests all had to pick a check-in time. Ignore that! Get to the terminal by 11am or so, and walk right around the groups of people waiting to check-in and look for Priority Check-In. The line will be short or not at all. The staff at the terminal will help you after that.

Your second question was is FTTF worth the cost. It's subjective, but If we weren't platinum I'd buy it for every cruise. We love being aboard the ship, but enjoy walking off, loading the car and being home by 9:00 am (from Galveston) for most of our trips.

Have a great cruise.