Anyone done P O 7 day Germany Netherlands and France cruise or sailed on Azura

Tikka234

Hi we have had one cruise P o Arcadia Norwegian Fjords loved it

Been looking for another cruise for next year can't be longer than 7 days as we have a trip to Florida in August, and were limited mainly to school hols.

Seen a 7 day as title o n Azura, any tips on this cruise or ship .

Have seen another cruise on Independence of the seas France and Ireland 5 nights

We need 2 rooms one balcony and maybe inside near our room

easy on p o to see plans and sort rooms

but can't get anywhere on Independence of the seas hard working out where the rooms are etc

Which would you go for

Thanks

I have sailed on Azura and recommend the ship for family holidays. I find Royal Caribbean a bit hectic and more activity based but it is not for me. You should get a good holiday on Azura as it is big enough to have an activity choice any time of day. If it were me I would look at Lido Balcony well forward and a close inside same deck as this would suit me and be reasonably priced.

Regards John

We have sailed on both ships and enjoyed both cruises. In general, the longer the cruise the better for me, which would favour Azura. However it also depends on the age group of your party. If you have teenagers, perhaps I dependence would be preferable. If small children, then Azura. If all adults, then age group possibly relevant. Are you likely to want to use the Flowrider and climbing wall, etc on IOS?

Reads the reviews to get more of an idea of the ships. There are deck plans here on Cruise Critic which may assist.

Only follow the advice to get cabins high up and forward if you do not suffer from seasickness! You will feel the motion much more up there!

Read up on what there is to see at the ports of call to see which itinerary is preferable. Read the excursions offered to give you an idea of the sights.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are 3 adults 2x 60 year olds and our 34 year old son who has a learning disability he loves wondering around taking photo, none of us use pool or climbing walls etc

Will enjoy a game of table tennis,, cinema, shows don't drink much.

We are 3 adults 2x 60 year olds and our 34 year old son who has a learning disability he loves wondering around taking photo, none of us use pool or climbing walls etc

Will enjoy a game of table tennis,, cinema, shows don't drink much.

In that case, I would tend to favour Azura. You will get a longer cruise. You won’t really be using the facilities of IOS. The onboard costs will be lower on P&O.

Oh yes, sorry, you did say that in your first post!

Mind you, that will be expensive. You could probably share a suite for less.

My son is a big lad over 6ft and would need full size bed

What is the extra bed in a suite?

My son is a big lad over 6ft and would need full size bed

What is the extra bed in a suite?

Never had a suite, but imagine it varies. Most likely a sofa bed I expect. The deck plans key should tell you. They will all be suitable for an adult though. They wouldn’t let you book an adult in a child bed. The sofa beds in the deluxe balconies I mentioned are double beds, so plenty of space for one. We have had those when travelling with our adult son.

I have been on Azura 3 times - she is a lovely ship! One of the cruises was to le Havre and Amsterdam which is where i believe your cruise is going (ours was 5 nights so didn't go to Hamburg unfortunately). It was a really enjoyable cruise, especially as we had an overnight in Amsterdam so had plenty of time to wander. Be aware the ships don't always get into Amsterdam if it's windy but when it docks it's just a 10 minute walk to the canal boats and Hop on Hop off buses. Have a good cruise!

If you go for a Deluxe Balcony Cabin you get everyone sleeping at ground level in one cabin. Ideally you select a cabin that will accommodate four passengers then the sofabed will be a double. You will have precisely two double beds in your cabin and steward puts the sofabed away and gets it out at the right times every day.

Note that shower is over a bath in these, Deluxe Balcony cabins not in a separate cubicle.

Regards John

I understand independence of the seas is having a refit and speculation is that it is having log water fumes added on the top deck. We did enjoy our cruise on indy, although my son who was 17 at the time did not enjoy the teenagers club, there was no structure or timings you just turned up, whereby he loved the teenagers club on P&O.

We are booked to go the Fjords on Azura next June, our first time on her.