Day in Ft Lauderdale after cruise what to do ??

sfwilson123

Hi we are cruising with RCL and return to Fort Lauderdale early on the Sunday morning our flight does not leave Miami until 20:40 can anyone tell me if we could leave cases somewhere and if there is anything to do or are we better heading to the airport and spending the day there ? It will be a long day/night as we dont arrive back in the uk till 2pm the following day.

Thanks for any advice

You could rent a car for the day, go where you want, and then drop the car at MIA and catch your flight.

Another option is to Uber or Lyft to MIA (about $35+), pay to store your bags at the airport, and then catch the Airport Flyer bus to South Beach - lunch, people watching, beach, etc.

Or you could Uber or Lyft from PE to South Beach, pay to store your bags at the Luggage Lounge, enjoy SB, and then head to MIA for your flight.

Cruise line excursions are an option, but most will drop you at the airport about 1:00 - giving you too many hours to kill.

www.resortpass.com is another option - find a resort/large hotel that offers a day pas for the pool and other facilities, and tip them to watch your bags. Relax all day until it is time to head to MIA for your flight.

Your call! Good luck! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Last week we got off our ship at 8:30am, took a taxi to FLL, dropped our bags for $7.00 per bag at the airport's bag storage dept (first door as you enter airport departures sections). This allowed us to store our flight carry-on's too. Then we took an Uber and had them drop us off at Ft Lauderdale Beach Park and we spent several hours on the beach, having lunch, shopping, etc... before returning to FLL for our 4:45pm flight. Great way to end our vacation! Cheaper than the RCI $25 per person luggage valet charge for us.

I have a similar situation (flying out of FFL at 18h30 /6h30pm) so really interested in this thread. Thanks for everyone's input.

I am debating between a Resort Day Pass or doing like Seavino. Just wondering what king of facilities there is at Fort Lauderdale Beach park: Restaurant; Chair and umbrella rentals, washroom, showers (would be nice to freshing up before the flight)? Anyone knows?

My cruise ends on April 21st, so that's day we are doing this. sfwilson123: Are you coming back from your cruise before after that? Would love to hear about you end up doing. I could also share if you return is after me.:D

I would rent a car and head to South Beach for an amazing, people watching lunch then head to the beach. The parking garage on 16th just south of Lincoln Road is one of the cheapest in South Beach. $16 per 24 hours. The garage across the street is $40.