La Guadia to Broadway/Bayonne

Miss Jolly

dH and I fly into La Guadia the evening before our Bermuda cruise from Bayonne. We are staying the night at an airport hotel. If we decide to catch a show on Broadway, what would be the best mode of transport between the hotel and theatre district and the approx. cost please? I am thinking taxi but have no idea of cost - it will be Friday night.

May I also please ask the same question for the next day to Cape Liberty Port? What time would you suggest we head to the ship for a 5pm sailing on Saturday evening.

Thanking you.:)

Jen

Edited by Miss Jolly

The cost of a taxi from an LGA area hotel to the theater district in Manhattan will probably cost about $40 plus tolls (if any...it can be toll-free depending on the river crossing used) and tip..but as the fare is metered the exact amount will depend on mileage and waiting time in traffic. Just a note...it may be difficult to get a taxi to agree to take you from the theatre district back to your hotel in Queens...they're violating Taxi and Limousine Commission rules if they refuse...but it's been known to happen.

For your journey to Cape Liberty it is important that you book a car service. NY City taxis are not required to take you to New Jersey (other than to EWR) and even if a taxi agrees to take you the fares are unregulated and the taxi driver can try to get you to agree to an unconscionably high fare. You need to book a car service to ensure you are charged a competitive market-rate fare. As 138east mentioned, two of the larger, reputable services in NY City are:

Dial 7: http://www.dial7.com

Carmel: http://www.carmellimo.com

It will likely cost about $125 total for the car service fare, tolls and tip.

Edited by njhorseman

I suggest you stay in Manhattan, the round trip cab fare addition to a LGA hotel, is going to even out. Why bother going back and forth to a so so hotel location. Then arrange your car service from Manhattan to Bayonne.