Rhapsody Excursions - Roatan/progreso

Yes, I've posted on Ports of Call but there's just not as much traffic over there. Does anyone have info on Coral Caye in Roatan or done the Caves and Caverns in Progreso? Any info appreciated. Thanks - and Happy 4th of July! God Bless America!

I would suggest going into the roll calls too and seeing if someone has done them. It might take some reading to locate folks that are signed up for these. I know we had people in our roll calls that I have never seen post on the main forums.

Good luck finding info on what is probably not a well known port or excursion. Just keep asking, someone surely has done it.

Wish I could help. We hired a private taxi from the stand of taxi's at the port (I know, we could have done it cheaper) who was really a lot of fun, didnt speak English and kept having to stop and get someone on the street to translate something. We went to West End and thought the island really beautiful. I was asking for the best coffee, and he wanted to take us to a coffee house to drink coffee, and I kept saying I wanted to buy it by the pound, and he didnt know what "pound" was and a couple more words, made for lots of fun.

What a beautiful unspoiled port we thought it was. Hope you find the info you are looking for.

Yes, I've posted on Ports of Call but there's just not as much traffic over there. Does anyone have info on Coral Caye in Roatan or done the Caves and Caverns in Progreso? Any info appreciated. Thanks - and Happy 4th of July! God Bless America!

We booked the Taybayna Beach Break from the cruise line. Incredible snorkeling right from the beach.

We left the ship and boarded a school bus from the 70's :) and headed up the mountain. Pretty exciting! After we got to the beach they gave us a 5 min. orientation and then we headed to a shady spot.

A ten dollar tip later and we had four chairs in the shade, and then another fifteen or so and we had a nice bucket of Coronas. Not a bad way to spend the afternoon. While not a big drinker they did come back and fill the bucket with more ice in the afternoon.

The lunch was included and I remember chicken, hot dogs and burgers. Lemonade and iced tea were also included.

I felt safe on this trip, and took my wife, teenager and her boyfriend.

Roatan is a poor country. The roads, vehicles, housing, etc. are in poor condition. I didn't interact with the locals in the shops, but did talk to some at the resort.

The Rhapsody is a good trip, we liked this route as good as the other trips. I had enough of Jamaica on the last voyage, and the ship didn't dock in Key West until 4:00 EST.

In Progresso we did the usual bus ride to the market area. No more... What a waste of time at a hot flea market. If you don't take part in an excursion the shops at the pier have the same bargains, and a new one has just opened that is really nice. I'll be back aboard the ship after about 30 min. when we go there again in November.

Here is the Webshots link to our photos:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/559412757RskfTB

Archived