Live from the Splendor: Sunday, Dec 13th - Sunday, Dec 20th; PV, Mazatlan, and Cabo.

mathgeek1978

We are just getting ready to start packing and are really excited. We plan to leave early tomorrow morning, have a nice breakfast at a local restaurant, then go to the terminal early. We live only 20 minutes away from Long Beach so hopefully, it will just be an uneventful drive.

We are planning to go LIVE the entire week and are prepared to answer any questions that you might have. So if you have any questions or if there are things that you want us to find out for you, please feel free to ask. We will be more than happy to help! :D

One thing though: We have no children so we have absolutely no clue about the kids stuff so can't help you there.

I will check in daily but please understand that I may not be able to find an answer to your question right away, so please be patient. :) Also, I am planning on a pictorial and video review when we return. There will be LOTS of pictures and videos.

I mean, not one video, not two videos, not even three, but LOTS AND LOTS of VIDEOS AND PICS. So look for my review when we return. If you never got a chance to see my video on my Elation cruise in September, you can check it out here:

Meantime, please post your questions and request.:D

We are just getting ready to start packing and are really excited. We plan to leave early tomorrow morning, have a nice breakfast at a local restaurant, then go to the terminal early. We live only 20 minutes away from Long Beach so hopefully, it will just be an uneventful drive.

We are planning to go LIVE the entire week and are prepared to answer any questions that you might have. So if you have any questions or if there are things that you want us to find out for you, please feel free to ask. We will be more than happy to help! :D

One thing though: We have no children so we have absolutely no clue about the kids stuff so can't help you there.

I will check in daily but please understand that I may not be able to find an answer to your question right away, so please be patient. :) Also, I am planning on a pictorial and video review when we return. There will be LOTS of pictures and videos.

I mean, not one video, not two videos, not even three, but LOTS AND LOTS of VIDEOS AND PICS. So look for my review when we return. If you never got a chance to see my video on my Elation cruise in September, you can check it out here:

Look forward to the reports! We were on the Splendor in August and LOVED it. Enjoy your cruise.

We too live close to the port and look forward to your reports. By the way have you ever eaten at the Pacific Dinner in San Pedro? They have the best Beef Stroganoff Omelets!!

We too live close to the port and look forward to your reports. By the way have you ever eaten at the Pacific Dinner in San Pedro? They have the best Beef Stroganoff Omelets!!

I have never had a Beef Stroganoff Omelet. Maybe I should try one of these. :D

Please let me know what time Camp Carnival opens, and also how much they are charging for iced tea.

Lol, have fun. It's going to rain in tfe morning, but will be nice the rest of the time. Have fun!

I will be happy to find out the Camp Carnival hours for you. The iced tea part I guess is a joke right?:)

Have fun...BTW, could you stop by the pool every once in a while and wave at the cam recorder? :D I'll be watching! We're going next month on the Splendor. So far, we've been on the Elation and Pride to the Mexican Riviera, and when we heard a new ship was in port, we booked a cruise.

The Ice Tea is a joke, but seams to go both ways, some menu's say it costs. So if you do find a charge for normal Ice Tea, take a picture of the price and include it in your pictures, to set the record straight.

Have fun

HAHA! I will make it my mission to investigate whether iced tea is indeed free. If there is a charge, I'll be sure to document it with both pictures and videos. :D

Looking forward to your replies - we're going next weekend, so make sure she arrives back in LA on time. :D

If you have an opportunity, would you check on the cost and availability of the Spa Pass (I've found very limited info on it reading other posts), the one that includes the Thalosotherapy (sp?) pool (and the other one), please and thanks.

P.S. Have a GREAT cruise.

we ll be sailing on the Splendor in less than a month..

im more interested in the check-in process at the long beach terminal..

pictures of the parking area, baggage check-in area would be helpful..PLEASE?:)

and do a little review of Matzalan..they say its the shrimp capital of the world..any good restraunts around the terminal or Old Town area would be appreciated..

Looking forward to your replies - we're going next weekend, so make sure she arrives back in LA on time. :D

If you have an opportunity, would you check on the cost and availability of the Spa Pass (I've found very limited info on it reading other posts), the one that includes the Thalosotherapy (sp?) pool (and the other one), please and thanks.

P.S. Have a GREAT cruise.

Yes, definitely. I have found confusing and sometimes conflicting info here also, so I want to check it out myself too. BTW, I just checked the webcam and she is in Long Beach, so it appears that we'll be leaving on time. I hope we'll be back on time too. :D

we ll be sailing on the Splendor in less than a month..

im more interested in the check-in process at the long beach terminal..

pictures of the parking area, baggage check-in area would be helpful..PLEASE?:)

and do a little review of Matzalan..they say its the shrimp capital of the world..any good restraunts around the terminal or Old Town area would be appreciated..

I didn't even know that. I'll be sure to check it out.

hey mathgeek , have a great cruise:)

looking forward to your review, april will be our first carnival cruise and starting to get restless:D

please do include the nightly menus if possible, i'm trying to decide which 1 or 2 nights to go to the steakhouse, i am hoping it is as awesome as chops was on rci mariner:cool:

dave

I don't know what took us soooo long but we are just about ready to leave now. :D Eventually I get to leave my real job behind for a week and get to play a "cruise reporter" on the Carnival Splendor. Look for my first reports this afternoon/evening. :cool:

Have a great time. Can't wait to ready your review and all the information you can share. We'll be sailing the Splendor in March. Have never sailed out of Long Beach. Very interested to hear what everyone is doing in PV, since it is a long day there. We aren't sure what to do. Enjoy!

Please let me know what time Camp Carnival opens, and also how much they are charging for iced tea.

Lol, have fun. It's going to rain in tfe morning, but will be nice the rest of the time. Have fun!

Come on Mapman, the iced tea is FREE, so why are people still asking that after John Heald and Host Mach have confirmed that Iced Tea is still FREE. Now the canned tea is not, it is $1.95 a can.

HAHA! I will make it my mission to investigate whether iced tea is indeed free. If there is a charge, I'll be sure to document it with both pictures and videos. :D

This is where the confusion is, if you get canned tea, then they charge you a soft drink price, but the Iced Tea in the Dining Rooms or on the Lido Deck are FREE.

Archived