Taking water/soda onboard

What are the current rules/procedure for taking on board some bottles of water and soda?

Going on RCI Mariner of Seas and would like to take some bottles of water and soda cans/bottles for use in our cabin only.

The RCI website says NO alcohol (no problem with this) but does not mention water or soda bottles.

farside88,

You'll be fine with water and soda or pop has us english call it ;)

What are the current rules/procedure for taking on board some bottles of water and soda?

Going on RCI Mariner of Seas and would like to take some bottles of water and soda cans/bottles for use in our cabin only.

The RCI website says NO alcohol (no problem with this) but does not mention water or soda bottles.

I would definitely put the waters in some type of case. The plastic bottles and caps are not as sturdy as they once were, and at Port Canaveral, they made us carry it on because it wasn't in a case.

we pack a small cheap duffle bag in our suitcase. when we get to port canaveral the day before we run to wally world for a 12 pack of water and soda. I snag a garbage bag from the hotel to wrap them in and then place in my duffle bag. at port I check the bag with our luggage. had no problems on either cruise.

While some have had success sneaking them on, many more find their luggage has been opened and their beverages are missing. Remember - if it is found, it is confiscated and not returned. Bringing beverages on the ship is not allowed (except for what you are actually drinking while at the pier). My friends who sail RCI all the time have seen MANY people really ticked over losing their drinks.

I wish RCCL would be consistent about beverages being brought on.

I have cruised 13 times and have never had a problem bringing a case of bottled water on. They put a tag on it at the pier with the other luggage. Never had to carry it on. My sister just returned and took a case of bottled green tea on with no problem.

I am not disputing that some folks have had a problem but I am wondering why this is not a policy one way or the other.

While some have had success sneaking them on, many more find their luggage has been opened and their beverages are missing. Remember - if it is found, it is confiscated and not returned. Bringing beverages on the ship is not allowed (except for what you are actually drinking while at the pier). My friends who sail RCI all the time have seen MANY people really ticked over losing their drinks.

You do not have to sneak water/soda/juice on board any ship during embarkation. Security may check water bottles to make sure they do contain water. We have always taken soda/juice on board and in 34 cruises have never had a problem. Our most recent cruise was 4/10 & 4/17 on Serenade.

Your friends may have seen people having alcohol taken away.

You do not have to sneak water/soda/juice on board any ship during embarkation. Security may check water bottles to make sure they do contain water. We have always taken soda/juice on board and in 34 cruises have never had a problem. Our most recent cruise was 4/10 & 4/17 on Serenade.

Your friends may have seen people having alcohol taken away.

No. Soda and water. Neither of which is allowed to be brought onboard per RCI policy.

Rest assured, I know this.

No. Soda and water. Neither of which is allowed to be brought onboard per RCI policy.

From the RCI website............it says nothing about water/soda/juice not being allowed to be brought on board.

s.gif

Q: Can I bring liquor or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) onboard? s.gif

A: Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.

Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy. Guests who are under the permitted drinking age will not have alcohol returned to them.

Please Note: All guests must comply with TSA guidelines for transporting liquids.

From the RCI website............it says nothing about water/soda/juice not be allowed on board.

s.gif

Q: Can I bring liquor or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) onboard? s.gif

A: Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.

Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy. Guests who are under the permitted drinking age will not have alcohol returned to them.

Please Note: All guests must comply with TSA guidelines for transporting liquids.

I am well aware of what the website says. I am also well aware that people call from the pier every week screaming that their drinks were confiscated and they are advised that it is NOT permitted to bring them onboard. The only exception is with approval from the Access Department.

Trust me, there are MANY policies not laid out on that site.

I know that you get different answers from different peopele, so I called RCCl twice today in order to get different people. Both said that you can bring water and soda, etc. on board. Only restriction is alcohol.

Incorrect, the policy was changed during spring break but it no longer prohibits soda and water. The policy has been changed back to the policy that was posted above.

Incorrect, the policy was changed during spring break but it no longer prohibits soda and water. The policy has been changed back to the policy that was posted above.

Finally, somebody believe me and the policy posted!:)

The policy you posted is definitely the most recent one. I think the OP should pack the water and soda they want to bring. We have always brought a case of water with no problems.

I forgot about Spring break as I know the policy is tweaked slightly during that time.:D

Don't know about any policies but I just got back from a wonderful 7 days on the Liberty of the Seas and I had no problem with my case of water. I just put on of the luggage tags on it and the porter at the Miami dock took it along with the rest of our luggage. It arrived in our stateroom with the rest of our luggage with no problem.

I have brought onboard both 12 packs of soda and bottled water. I took two 12 packs of soda, duct taped them together well (packages aren't as sturdy as they used to be.)and put a luggage tag on them. Same with a 12 pack of bottled water. Gave both to the porters at Port Canaveral and both made it to the cabin intact.

I know that you get different answers from different peopele, so I called RCCl twice today in order to get different people. Both said that you can bring water and soda, etc. on board. Only restriction is alcohol.

As someone who works closely with this industry and this line, let me advise you that I have first hand knowledge of what their policies are - they do not permit water and soda to be brought onboard. Does it happen? Of course. Particularly when they outsource their porters. But that does not mean that it is allowed per policy.

And again, that website says a lot of things and leaves a lot out.

I just got back today from FOS. When we boarded I put 3 luggage tags around a 24 pack of water. They took it no questions ask and no posted warnings. Arrived in the room with no problems. Have a great cruise, I know we did!:D

On our April 18th Mariner cruise they were giving out bulletins at check-in stating that NO beverages, either alcohol or non-alcohol, were allowed. They had changed the policy online as well. However, we already had two large bottles of diet pepsi in our carry-on, and they got through with no problem.

As someone who works closely with this industry and this line, let me advise you that I have first hand knowledge of what their policies are - they do not permit water and soda to be brought onboard. Does it happen? Of course. Particularly when they outsource their porters. But that does not mean that it is allowed per policy.

And again, that website says a lot of things and leaves a lot out.

Then why, may I ask, do we have no problem whatsoever bringing soda/water/juice on board on embarkation day or that we have purchased in port. It goes through the x-ray and we have never had a problem with the ship's security.

I would think that the security personnel that works on board is much more up to date on policies than the porters who take luggage to be boarded on the ship.

Archived