classic non alcohol beverage package

gizmodog

Does anyone have personal experience with this package? I am so confused by it and the responses I have been reading about it.

What exactly is included (personal experience) are large bottles of non premium water when leaving the ship included? Which coffees from the Cova are included? Cold Blended coffees? I am thinking of getting this package but am not really sure about what exactly is included as reading about it and the premium non alcoholic package is very confusing.

Thanks for any help

I can't help you too much but I had the premium non alcohol package. The classic includes a different kind of water than the premium but they are both available everywhere we looked. Arizona iced tea and canned sodas were also included. The premium included all the coffee drinks (cold and hot without alcohol) but not sure about the classic.

My wife did the classic and I did the premium, so I'm not certain to what extent the classic covers. Here's a link to Celebrity's Website describing the plan:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/beverage/package/details.do;jsessionid=0000g9-pAsV7HWWqRU7AFsEFps9:12hdbcuh7?ComponentTypeId=30&categoryId=18&pagename=beverage_package_details[/url]

IMHO, the premium plan is well worth the additional $20 or so dollars when compared to the classic plan. Either way, we felt it was a good deal.

thank you for the replys, I appreciate the input, I am aware of what Celebrity says about the packages but that is where the confusion is....Classic is premium coffees and premium is specialty coffees, the FAQ says classic includes all coffees, lattes, from the cova but I have heard different.

I really don't care about the Arizona teas, or the smoothies, but I do love the blended cold coffees, and the lattes etc and and would like to know if they are included in the classic.

I am aware of what Celebrity says about the packages but that is where the confusion is....Classic is premium coffees and premium is specialty coffees, the FAQ says classic includes all coffees, lattes, from the cova but I have heard different. ... I do love the blended cold coffees, and the lattes etc and and would like to know if they are included in the classic.

Hello, "gizmodog."

I think that someone convincing will eventually answer you, because I think that I have seen the answer posted a couple of times in the last several weeks (but failed to memorize it, because it is not a "crucial" matter to me).

However, if you don't get a satisfactory answer, I would recommend that you do this:

(1) Phone the special beverage-expert number at Celebrity and ask your questions.

(2) Act accordingly, purchasing either the Classic or Premium Non-Alcoholic Package (or none at all).

(3) Let's assume that you purchase the Classic. Once on board, try to use it as you desire on Embarkation Day. If it is unsatisfactory, you can

cancel it on -- but only on Embarkation Day -- or I think that you can change it from Classic to Premium on Embarkation Day.

Gizmodog,

I have just returned from an Alaska cruise on the Millie and purchased the classic non-alcohol on the second day of the cruise. I was very much satisfied with the options and the variety of products offered. Every product offered w/o alcohol is available for you at Cova Cafe. You have available to you unlimited lattes, coffee, espresso, hot chocolate and cappucinos. In addition you can order soft drinks and canned juices from any bar and the MDA. I used the Cova Cafe for early morning and late night. You are also able to take water or soft drink with you when you disembark at each port. If you have any other question, I'll be glad to answer.

I have just returned from the Eclipse and had the same dilemma before I left.

I don't drink alcohol or coffee/tee and mainly stick to soft drinks.

The basic drinks package covers you for soda stream sprite/cokes etc not for cans or bottles of soft drinks.

A can of soft drink is $2.00 + 15% (plus a further 8% on all drinks in Spain).

I worked out that over 14 days you would have to drink 2 cans per day to break even on a basic drinks package.

However by not having a drinks package you are not restricting your self to certain options of soft drinks.

Also I noticed on the interactive TV (powered by apple, drinks packages were available on board starting at a 7 day package).

I initially thought great I can take the basic option and drink 14 days worth of sprite on the tap. Then realised they charge for cans in the bars and in your mini bar.

In reality I ended up drinking about 10 sodas and mainly iced water.

However in the buffet and by the pool side grill, there are a number of free soft drinks (apple juice, lemonade/squash, fruit punch and a tropical fruit drink), free tea, coffee and hot choc and most people take them from there or go there for a drink during the day time. Especially as it is right by the open decks.

For me I am glad I didn't take the package.

I guess if you have kids that drink a lot of sodas then maybe its worth it.

Hope this helps.

Beau 20

Many thanks for the reply that was just what I was looking for, so most or all of the coffee drinks at the cova are included, that was my concern.

Also, are you able to get the large bottles of water before leaving the ship?

thanks again

Large bottles of water are available as you get off the ship.

$4 for a large bottle

$10 if you want the cooler bag too - I didn't bother with it but it has a shoulder strap to carry your water and the bag can be re used for other bottles.

$2.5 for a small bottle

Gizmodog,

Large water is also included in the package but the brand is not one that you will be used to drinking. However, it served the purpose. Are you cruising in the warm climate? If so, you might consider the premium. It also includes smoothies and other frozen drinks by the pool. I also ordered a latte one night and soft drink on other nights from the waiter in the Celebrity Theater and was not charged for the drink but did tip him with cash even though it was already included in the package. Since I did not plan to use the package on the first night, I waited until the second morning to purchase. This saved me money and my Seapass had a noticeable sticker indicating the package purchased.

We just returned from 12 days on century and pre-purchased premium non alcoholic and we felt it more than paid for itself over 12 days. Large bottles of water round the pool/gym and on trips....a nice cappucino in coca cafe in the evening. Virgin coladas in the sun and sodas in the restaurant. Would certainly buy it again.

Since I did not plan to use the package on the first night, I waited until the second morning to purchase. This saved me money ...

Thank you VERY MUCH, "beau20," for confirming what some of us have thought -- but what others (including Celebrity phone agents) have been denying -- namely, that, if you purchase a package after Embarkation Day, you pay ONLY for the remaining days, not for ALL the days of the cruise (including prior days). Have I re-stated the facts correctly?

Archived