Soda in carry on

We have sailed Carnival twice now and Royal three times and are coming back to Royal Caribbean--one thing-we could carry on a 12 pack of soda and a bottle of wine each --does Royal have a policy like this?

Yes, the policy is no alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages are allowed to be brought on board. They are very strict about alcohol.

As far as the soda, we always bring sparkling spring water and diet sprite. We have been able to bring it on with no problems. Others have had issues.

RCI doesn't allow you to bring any drinks, including bottled water. Some have been able to pack a few sodas or water in their checked luggage, and some have had it taken out. I don't know anyone who has been able to get drinks on recently in their carry on suitcase. They are getting really strict lately.

Sailed the Adventure B2B last month. On the first leg we had a six pack of soda and 4 bottles of water in our carry on back pack. No problems. On the second leg we left the ship and returned with another 6 pack and 5 bottles of water. Again no problems. With the exception of one cruise we have carried water and/or soda onboard without issue.

Just back from Freedom of the Seas. We put a 12 pack of water and a 6 pack of bottled Pepsi in a duffle bag with our checked luggage. It was delivered, but delivered late with a note inside that the contents of our bag were scrutinized, but were not confiscated (or not "seized" as the note put it), so water and pop delivered to the room.

Lucy6, I think the ship is lenient towards people who bring soda that isn't a coke product. They have an exclusive contract with coke; so u had pepsi; and some people just won't drink coke or vice versa.

RCI doesn't allow you to bring any drinks, including bottled water. Some have been able to pack a few sodas or water in their checked luggage, and some have had it taken out. I don't know anyone who has been able to get drinks on recently in their carry on suitcase. They are getting really strict lately.

We were on the Freedom in late January; we taped a luggage tag on a six-pack of bottled water, and it was delivered to our cabin with the rest of our luggage. We also had six plastic bottles of Coke in our carry-on, and were allowed to board without any problems whatsoever.

My problem is -I just don't like Coke--I did put plastic 16oz bottles in my suitcase when on Freedom and no one said anything--but with all I have read I was wondering if they will still let me--

Just off FOS and wondered if there would be a change towards this policy.

We usually carry on a few things. At embarkation in my backpack, I had 2 Gatorade 32ox bottles and 2 small pepsi's. They were not queried by security - who were port canaveral staff - altho they were not allowing you to take thru any drinks bottle which was already opened. sealed ones could go thru - didn't quite understand that one

in St thomas and st maarten, security staff were ships own and we bought back gatorade and soda - with no issue - but again the soda was pepsi - so take on board previous posted comment re branding. Feels to me, if it reasonable they just let it thru

claire

In San Juan for the Serenade last month the signs posted at embarkation only prohibit alcohol, not only do they allow soda and water they encourage it by selling 12 packs of soda and 24 packs of water in the terminal after you have gone thru inspection:p

... They were not queried by security - who were port canaveral staff - altho they were not allowing you to take thru any drinks bottle which was already opened. sealed ones could go thru - didn't quite understand that one...

claire

Because there is a chance that opened (unsealed) bottles or containers might have been tampered with and could contain noxious or dangerous liquids, only sealed bottles are allowed through security.

Archived