Radiance of the seas

Hi,

we are booked on Radiance of the Seas next February Sydney to Freemantle.We received an email from our agent advising that we would not be going to Broome because of tonage restrictions...

Does that mean the ship is too big to dock or is it a restriction put on by the port /security authority?Can anyone enlighten me ....I would have thought bigger ships than radiance have docked there.They have scheduled port headland as substitute port.....hardly a good compromise.I can only guess that tendering into Broome is a no no for some reason.

Anyone got ther answers......I guess a lot of cancellations will be received on this cruise.

Cheers

Col:)

Hi,we are booked on Radiance of the Seas next February Sydney to Freemantle.We received an email from our agent advising that we would not be going to Broome because of tonage restrictions...

Does that mean the ship is too big to dock or is it a restriction put on by the port /security authority?Can anyone enlighten me ....I would have thought bigger ships than radiance have docked there.They have scheduled port headland as substitute port.....hardly a good compromise.I can only guess that tendering into Broome is a no no for some reason.

Anyone got ther answers......I guess a lot of cancellations will be received on this cruise.CheersCol:)

Hi Col, Thats a shame about missing Broome.

Theres more chat about this here.....

doesnt sound like there is much to see at Port Hedland exept the BHP Mill:eek:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1398813

Hi Col, Thats a shame about missing Broome.

Theres more chat about this here.....

doesnt sound like there is much to see at Port Hedland exept the BHP Mill:eek:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1398813

Hi david,

yeah its a bit disappointing missing Broome but its not going anywhere.

I just really feel sorry for those how have never been on a cruise before and may never get another opportunity again and Broome may have been the reason they booked.

I understand that these things occur and in my case it wont worry me ...but it will others.As for Port hedland i doubt if i will leave the ship.

For me the ship is my cruise.

Cheers

Col:)

I do agree Col ....a day at sea enjoying all that the ship has to offer would be great......

If it were me , I would probably just go ashore to say I had been there, then head back on board , for the buffet and enjoy a day around the pool while the ship is not going anywhere.

Some of the cruises around Australia do a day they call Kimberley Cruising. Wonder if they could have done that instead.:rolleyes:

Colly thats no good

Nah Chez not a worry at all.....have you booked your accommodation for february? we might try to catch up with on the saturday night...maybe dinner at darling harbour

Nah Chez not a worry at all.....have you booked your accommodation for february? we might try to catch up with on the saturday night...maybe dinner at darling harbour

Not as yet, but yes definately try and catch up,we are coming down on the Friday and cruise is on Sunday xx

I have been watching the cruises from Honolulu to Sydney, and so far Radiance has been quite a bit dearer than Rhapsody.:rolleyes:

Yes we have too David and now that the airlines have increased their fuel surcharges it's making air travel expensive again...:( We need to find a good cruise deal to balance the airfare...:rolleyes:

How much have you seen Rhapsody or Radiance for from Honolulu to Sydney this year?

Jilly:)

I cant remember without looking them up Jilly, and it does vary , as we are being offered HNL to AK on Rhapsody, which is what I would like, and if we want Radiance , which is the ship I would like , then we have to book right through to Sydney, even though it does call into Auckland just a few days before Sydney.

The prices are pretty much on a par with whats being quoted in Australia.

Did you folk who booked Radiance get good deals? I think all of her cruises down here are expensive. I'm basing that on a per day calculation.

With only a few exceptions, first season Radiance cruises have had great bookings so prices have risen, in some cases a lot. I'd suggest that's also been part of the impetus for why RCCL have switched Century with the newer and larger Solstice though, so there are some positive outcomes from it.

With only a few exceptions, first season Radiance cruises have had great bookings so prices have risen, in some cases a lot. I'd suggest that's also been part of the impetus for why RCCL have switched Century with the newer and larger Solstice though, so there are some positive outcomes from it.

Thinking of booking Radiance for their south pacific 12 night cruise 24/3 at $2329 balcony or bottom end Perth to Sydney 18 night 6/3 at $3599.

Can anyone tell me if they are good prices to take or were they cheaper tahn this previously?:rolleyes:

Thinking of booking Radiance for their south pacific 12 night cruise 24/3 at $2329 balcony or bottom end Perth to Sydney 18 night 6/3 at $3599.

Can anyone tell me if they are good prices to take or were they cheaper tahn this previously?:rolleyes:

We booked our 16 nighter ex Sydney October 2011 around 14 months prior to sailing, our midship deck 8 balcony cabin is now around $850 au per person more, think the ship is now sold out.

gues theres alot of factors in your price, ports,cabin type,deck,position, etc etc. Just be happy paying the price you want to and enjoy.

stevo

Yes I think I've 'missed the boat' so to speak price wise....:D Jilly:)

Dont worry Jilly... Wait for its next season .When Sun and Dawn Princess came down , the first cruises were expensive , and then the price dropped.:D

But then again ..

Who knows:confused::confused:

We have always found if you are comfortable with a price..

Go for it and enjoy.:)

Did you folk who booked Radiance get good deals? I think all of her cruises down here are expensive. I'm basing that on a per day calculation.

Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place.;)

Jilly:)

I have been wondering too if people are getting good deals on the Radiance.

For me, a good deal is approx $100 per person per night for quad share, or $150 per person per night for twin share.

For a 12 night Radiance cruise in March 2012, inside prices are approx $1380 per person based on quad share (approx $115 per person per night) and approx $1820 per person based on twin share (approx $151 per person per night).

Outside and balcony prices also seem to be more affordable.

Everyone's idea of a good deal is different, but for me, the above prices for the "per person per night" seem a good deal.

I think that the prices will increase closer to the date as the ship fills up as there are not a huge amount of cruises on offer and a lot of people will be wanting to try this new ship for Australia - our first 21st century superliner.

We have booked the 24 March Radiance cruise and booked our first balcony. What category is your price of $2329 for? If it is E1, E2 or E3, I would say that this is a great price. Have you booked your room yet?

On Radiance, I've read that the "hump" cabins in the middle of the ship are preferred as they often have larger than normal balconies. I would suggest before booking, that you look at the deck plans for an indication on the balcony sizes. You may find an available room with an extra large balcony in the same category & price as the normal balcony rooms.

We have booked the 24 March Radiance cruise and booked our first balcony. What category is your price of $2329 for? If it is E1, E2 or E3, I would say that this is a great price. Have you booked your room yet?

On Radiance, I've read that the "hump" cabins in the middle of the ship are preferred as they often have larger than normal balconies. I would suggest before booking, that you look at the deck plans for an indication on the balcony sizes. You may find an available room with an extra large balcony in the same category & price as the normal balcony rooms.

You will enjoy having a balcony. It is lovely opening up your sliding door to the sea breeze. Also nice for a quiet relaxation and a drink.:)

$2329 is E3 but may look at E2 if we can manage the HUMP cabin, as we enjoyed the larger balcony on the PG last August. It is only an extra $65pp, so here's hoping my TA can manage to get this.:D

You will enjoy having a balcony. It is lovely opening up your sliding door to the sea breeze. Also nice for a quiet relaxation and a drink.:)

$2329 is E3 but may look at E2 if we can manage the HUMP cabin, as we enjoyed the larger balcony on the PG last August. It is only an extra $65pp, so here's hoping my TA can manage to get this.:D

Thank you for the tip for the balcony, I am looking forward to having our own outdoor space :)

With the hump cabins, there are a couple with very small balconies so I'd check the deck plan before booking one of these!

I have had a quick look on the RCI website for you - 7594 and 7608 are available and are hump cabins with a bigger balcony, and category E2.

shp_rd_deck07_v10-11_dpl.gif

Thank you for the deck plan. We have just booked cabin 7594 for the cruise on Radiance on the 24th March. Managed to book online as our TA could not get E2 for $2394pp. Apparently we can nominate whatever amount for gratuities we please when we first embark. Advised not to pay the gratuities when booking. Yay.;)

Thank you for the deck plan. We have just booked cabin 7594 for the cruise on Radiance on the 24th March. Managed to book online as our TA could not get E2 for $2394pp. Apparently we can nominate whatever amount for gratuities we please when we first embark. Advised not to pay the gratuities when booking. Yay.;)

Great to hear you are booked on the cruise, you will have to join our roll call! From what I've read, these hump cabins are very popular and you got a fantastic price too.

If you are happy with your cabin and the location, I would suggest requesting that RCI place a "do not upgrade" note on your account. This will mean that you will not qualify for any upgrades, and will also avoid the possibility that you be upgraded to a higher category (ie E1, D1), but lose the hump cabin with large balcony instead for a smaller / regular balcony.

With my previous RCI cruise on Rhapsody of the Seas, we prepaid tips. But this time prefer to organise the tips onboard. At the end of the cruise, you will have envelopes delivered to your room where you can place cash in, and hand out (ie, room steward, table waiter, assistant waiter, and think there was one more too).

Is this your first cruise? :)

Archived