Four Berth Balcony Cabins on Jewel Class

eroller

On NORWEGIAN PEARL specifically (although I think it's the same for all Jewel Class ships), how are the four berth standard balcony cabins configured. I know there are two lower beds convertible to a queen, but what about the 3rd and 4th berth? In the brochure it states the sofa is convertible to accommodate two more people, but it doesn't look wide enough to me. Is that really the case or is there a pull down bunk above it?

It seems like if that sofa were really big enough to accommodate two extra people, then all the balcony cabins on the ship would be able to accommodate four people. In the brochure only select cabins are listed to accommodate four persons which is why I'm thinking there is a pull down bunk. I would imagine the sofa is the same size in all the standard balcony cabins.

Thanks!

Ernie

The 4th berth in Jewel class standard balcony cabin is a pullman bed that drops down from the ceiling blocking the top half of the sliding doors to the balcony.

As a family of 3 we booked 4-berth balcony cabin on Pearl and Jade - so that the pullman bed could be used instead of the fold-out sofa bed.

The 4th berth in Jewel class standard balcony cabin is a pullman bed that drops down from the ceiling blocking the top half of the sliding doors to the balcony.

As a family of 3 we booked 4-berth balcony cabin on Pearl and Jade - so that the pullman bed could be used instead of the fold-out sofa bed.

Thank you. Having seen those trundle sofa beds I didn't think one could accommodate two people.

I won't be using the upper bunk so hopefully it's not too intrusive when not in use and folds away completely out of sight.

Ernie

Thank you. Having seen those trundle sofa beds I didn't think one could accommodate two people.

I won't be using the upper bunk so hopefully it's not too intrusive when not in use and folds away completely out of sight.

Ernie

the upper folds against the wall. I personally do not find it too obtrusive, but it is not completely out of sight. It protrudes off the wall the thickness of the bed, guessing maybe 9 inches or so. If that will bother you, you may wish to change cabins.

I believe some cabins have a trundle bed tucked under one of the twins (or under one side of the converted queen).

the upper folds against the wall. I personally do not find it too obtrusive, but it is not completely out of sight. It protrudes off the wall the thickness of the bed, guessing maybe 9 inches or so. If that will bother you, you may wish to change cabins.

I believe some cabins have a trundle bed tucked under one of the twins (or under one side of the converted queen).

I think you are right about those upper bunks sticking out from the wall on the outside and inside cabins, but I think on the balcony cabins the set up is a little different. It appears that the bunk recesses completely into the ceiling when not in use which I am happy about.

I dug up these photos after some research. I can tell you I wouldn't want to be in this cabin with four people. Essentially the balcony is unusable with the upper bunk pulled down.

Ernie

Balcony cabin in normal mode:

1157764299.jpg?5.15

Balcony cabin set up for four:

1157764300.jpg?5.15

Here is a picture of a Jewel class ship balcony cabin for 4 with all 4 beds deployed.

Thank you! Looks like a tight squeeze but for a family with small kids I'm sure it's fine. I will only be having two sharing my 4-berth balcony cabin so I will never see that bunk or the sofa made into a bed.

The only real difference I can see between the two berth and four berth balcony cabins is the TV location. In the 2-berth and I guess 3-berth cabins the TV is located on the shelf unit by the balcony door. In the 4-berth cabins it appears the TV is moved to the small shelf unit closer to the bathroom. I'm sure this is because the 4th upper bunk would basically block the TV if it were left by the balcony door.

Ernie

Archived