Carnival Spirit Australian Itineraries

I just found this on Facebook on the "Carnival Spirit" page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Carnival-Spirit/214705025209901

S250 3 nite 17 Oct 12 syd to syd

s251 8 nite 20 Oct 12 Syd Noumea Isle of Pines, Poum Sydney

S252 11 nite 28 Oct 12 syd, vila, Santo, Wala, Mystery Island, Isle ol Pines, Syd

S253 8 nite 8 Nov 12 Syd, Poum, Isle of Pines, Noumea, Syd

S254 11 nite 16 Nov 12 Syd, Vila, Santo, Wala, Mystery Island, Isle of Pines, Syd

S255 9 nite 27 Nov 12 Syd, Isle of Pines, Poum, Lifou, Noumea, Syd

S256 10 nite 6 Dec 12 Syd, Vila, Mystery Island, Lifou, Noumea, Syd

S257 11 nite 16 Dec 12 Syd, Noumea, Suva, Port Denerau, Isle of Pines, Syd

S301 12 nite 27 Dec 12 Syd, Mystery Island, Suva, Port Denerau, Isle of Pines, Noumea, Syd

S302 12 nite 8 Jan 13 Syd, Noumea, Mystery Island, Port Denerau, Suva, Lifou, Syd

S303 11 Nite 20 Jan 13 Syd, Isle of Pines, Mystery Island, Santo, Wala, Vila, Syd

S304 13 nite 31 Jan 13 Syd, Bay of Islands, Auckland, Tauranga, Napier, Wellington, Christchurch, Port Chalmers, Fjiordland, Syd

s305 3 nite 13 Feb 13 Syd Melbourne

S306 13 nite 16 Feb 13 Mel Fjiordland, Port Chalmers, Christchurch, Wellington, Napier, Tauranga, Auckland, Mel

S307 13 nite 1 Mar 13 Same as above

S308 7 nite 14 Mar 13 Mel, Burnie, Hobart, Port Arthur, Syd

S309 12 nite 21 Mar 13 Syd, Noumea, Mystery Island, Port Denerau, Suva, Isle of Pines, Syd

That takes care of the first six months of sailing. Some things are still being finalized even at this late date, but the basics are in place. Some of the main differences to P & O is that the Spirit dining can be booked in advance like Princess. Instead of the four age group kids clubs featured on P & O, there are three age groups, which is a Carnival brand decision. There is talk that the pizza bar and Hamburgers will be at no charge, which also differs to P & O, Right now that costing process is still in review, but it is safe to hint at it. There is certain to be a drinks card offering, and an omelette station.

Those itineraries don't look all that special, all most the same islands :(

I would have thought they might have gone somewhere different....

I agree

That is why we are doing the Honolulu to Sydney cruise- Great price for 17 nights and being the cruise that it is I reckon it will ROCK.

Not many port stops but with a balcony cabin at such a good price whose complaining-

and We haven't been tp Papeete, Moorea or Bora Bora- so that is even better

I agree

That is why we are doing the Honolulu to Sydney cruise- Great price for 17 nights and being the cruise that it is I reckon it will ROCK.

Not many port stops but with a balcony cabin at such a good price whose complaining-

and We haven't been to Papeete, Moorea or Bora Bora- so that is even better

Like where?

They can only go to the ports that can handle them.

Just like the Caribbean and the Med.:rolleyes:

I just found this on Facebook on the "Carnival Spirit" page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Carnival-Spirit/214705025209901

That takes care of the first six months of sailing. Some things are still being finalized even at this late date, but the basics are in place. Some of the main differences to P & O is that the Spirit dining can be booked in advance like Princess. Instead of the four age group kids clubs featured on P & O, there are three age groups, which is a Carnival brand decision. There is talk that the pizza bar and Hamburgers will be at no charge, which also differs to P & O, Right now that costing process is still in review, but it is safe to hint at it. There is certain to be a drinks card offering, and an omelette station.

S252 11 nite 28 Oct 12 syd, vila, Santo, Wala, Mystery Island, Isle ol Pines, Syd

S254 11 nite 16 Nov 12 Syd, Vila, Santo, Wala, Mystery Island, Isle of Pines, Syd

S301 12 nite 27 Dec 12 Syd, Mystery Island, Suva, Port Denerau, Isle of Pines, Noumea, Syd

S302 12 nite 8 Jan 13 Syd, Noumea, Mystery Island, Port Denerau, Suva, Lifou, Syd

S303 11 Nite 20 Jan 13 Syd, Isle of Pines, Mystery Island, Santo, Wala, Vila, Syd

S304 13 nite 31 Jan 13 Syd, Bay of Islands, Auckland, Tauranga, Napier, Wellington, Christchurch, Port Chalmers, Fjiordland, Syd

S306 13 nite 16 Feb 13 Mel Fjiordland, Port Chalmers, Christchurch, Wellington, Napier, Tauranga, Auckland, Mel

S309 12 nite 21 Mar 13 Syd, Noumea, Mystery Island, Port Denerau, Suva, Isle of Pines, Syd

THANKS SO MUCH, Debsta!!!

I agree

and We haven't been to Papeete, Moorea or Bora Bora- so that is even better

RIGHT ON, oysterfiend!!!

When did they start charging for this ?

They don't charge here in the states, but Australia cruises may be a whole new ballgame.

Australians will not have to tip either. It will be interesting once the cruises start in Oz, the differences that may happen.

Here is a link to the New Carnival Spirit Australian Web site,

http://www.carnival.com.au/

It has all the itineraries up to December 2013

Thanks for that link....

Mind you I have to look and read twice...

I thought the front page said the worlds funniest ship,

then re read it to see it was the worlds "funnest" ship.:D

The prices for the Aussie cruises are nearly double what you would pay on Carnival ship in the US

SPIRIT Dec 21 2013 2 people balcony 9 nights $5098 AUD per cabin

$566 per night

SPIRIT Dec 16 2012 2 people balcony 11 nights $6098 AUD per cabin

$554 per night

LIBERTY Caribbean Dec 22 2012 2 people balcony 7 nights $2472 USD per cabin

$353 per night

These are taken from the Aussie site and the US site.

Paul

The prices for the Aussie cruises are nearly double what you would pay on Carnival ship in the US

SPIRIT Dec 21 2013 2 people balcony 9 nights $5098 AUD per cabin

$566 per night

SPIRIT Dec 16 2012 2 people balcony 11 nights $6098 AUD per cabin

$554 per night

LIBERTY Caribbean Dec 22 2012 2 people balcony 7 nights $2472 USD per cabin

$353 per night

These are taken from the Aussie site and the US site.

Paul

Hey Paul :)

Howsabout a comparison of apples and apples......ships cruising here with similar itineraries :D

Howsabout a comparison of apples and apples......ships cruising here with similar itineraries :D

Lol, Debsta.......:D well said. But then again no one actually pays brochure prices... do they? Hmmm, I'll be watching with interest.

Deb, they all do it to us, Rhapsody is selling at similar room rates to Carnival for cruises out of Sydney, but you can get an ocean view on the Legend out of Singapore for about $400 a night for the cabin.

By the way these are all Christmas cruises I have been quoting.

I think they see Australia as a soft touch price-wise and hopefully they will come unstuck and have to lower their prices.

Unfortunately for people like us with kids it's not always possible to wait for cheapies as we travel at peak times.

To be honest we've given up with the local market and have decided to take our next two main cruises in the Caribbean.

Sure the flights are long and on the expensive side but I would rather do that as we have to fly over east to cruise, unless, (god forbid) we take a cruise on the Pacific Sun. (I think there are still a couple of Japanese snipers hiding in the bowels of the ship from WW2).

Anyway here's hoping that no-one books at these silly prices and they have to drop the rates.

Paul

Deb, they all do it to us, Rhapsody is selling at similar room rates to Carnival for cruises out of Sydney, but you can get an ocean view on the Legend out of Singapore for about $400 a night for the cabin.

I think they see Australia as a soft touch price-wise and hopefully they will come unstuck and have to lower their prices.

Unfortunately for people like us with kids it's not always possible to wait for cheapies as we travel at peak times.

To be honest we've given up with the local market and have decided to take our next two main cruises in the Caribbean.

Sure the flights are long and on the expensive side but I would rather do that as we have to fly over east to cruise, unless, (god forbid) we take a cruise on the Pacific Sun. (I think there are still a couple of Japanese snipers hiding in the bowels of the ship from WW2).

Anyway here's hoping that no-one books at these silly prices and they have to drop the rates.

Paul

Makes our 17 nights for two in a balcony cabin Honululu- Sydney NZ $5700 (2 people)

Look incredibly cheap:D

I am doing the happy dance

Just looking at the Carnival site, and you can choose to show prices in either Au or NZ dollars.

11 Night Pacific Islands from Sydney

Dates:28 Oct 2012 (Sun - Thu)

Departs from:Sydney

Ship:Spirit

Ports of Call:Sydney, Vila, Santo, Wala, Mystery Isld, Isle Of Pines, Sydney

Cruise Fares start at: Twin Berth from 1,799.00 AUD

1,799.00 AUDInterior

2,149.00 AUD Ocean View

2,669.00 AUD Balcony

3,179.00 AUDSuites

11 Night Pacific Islands from Sydney

Dates:28 Oct 2012 (Sun - Thu)

Departs from:Sydney

Ship:Spirit

Ports of Call:Sydney, Vila, Santo, Wala, Mystery Isld, Isle Of Pines, Sydney

Cruise Fares start at: Twin Berth from 1,817.00 NZD

1,817.00 NZDInterior

2,167.00 NZDOcean View

2,687.00 NZDBalcony

3,197.00 NZDSuites

Just checked an on line Au agent and they are quoting from AU$1449,

for the same cruise.

Looks like the pricing is all over the place.:confused:

Might pay to check around if you are thinking of booking an

Australian Carnival cruise at the moment on Spirit..:eek:

Paul

When you check out cruises in the Caribbean, may I suggest you strongly consider Bonaire as one of your ports. If you haven't been, I believe you'll appreciate the island--especially if you snorkel! DH loves the Caribbean (can't get enough) while I love Australia (we were aboard the Sun Princess for 29 days "Around Australia" in 2008)!! We're not big fans of Carnival, but the price in USD for the two repositioning cruises can't be beat (especially because we've never been to either Hawaii or French Polynesia) so we're signed up! HAPPY CRUISING!!!

Archived