Park Royal

crewsin250

I know we won't be in the mood for a time share as we are not there long enough for that. From what I had seen they charged $40 a person it was not free like you get with a time share deal.

Again Thanks

Paul

We went there last February and paid $40pp and did not have to go though a time share presentation. It was well worth that. Drinks from 12:00 to 5:00 and lunch at noon at their indoor buffet which was very good. They also have two pool snack bars which were decent. The pools are great. They beach is small. They also included 1 hour of snorkel equipment for free. You can walk right out and snorkel in 3 to 6 feet of water and see lots of fish and even some rays. For $40, it was well worth it and it is definatly within walking distance unless you are docking at the downtown pier.

• 3 weeks later...
We went there last February and paid $40pp and did not have to go though a time share presentation. It was well worth that. Drinks from 12:00 to 5:00 and lunch at noon at their indoor buffet which was very good. They also have two pool snack bars which were decent. The pools are great. They beach is small. They also included 1 hour of snorkel equipment for free. You can walk right out and snorkel in 3 to 6 feet of water and see lots of fish and even some rays. For $40, it was well worth it and it is definatly within walking distance unless you are docking at the downtown pier.

Wondering how you found this deal. Dont see it listed on Carnival excursion list and no mention of any day passes on the Park Royal website

Here a email that I received from Park Royal about getting a Day Pass from them:

Park Royal Cozumel is one of the most spectacular, self-comprised Resort in the Island. We are located in front of International pier and just five minutes from Punta Langouste pier.

Come with us and enjoy the paradise, where everything becomes an experience.

Day Pass US$ 40.00 per person, per day.

Kids under 12 years old US$ 20.00 per kid, per day.

Includes:

From 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM

Food & Beverages available during that time

Entertainment program

Kid’s Club

This program is subject to availability.

After looking at there website, it looks like a nice place so I emailed them 3 days ago and have not heard back.

I did read somewhere on line that they do the day pass now for $70.

I like that its in walking distance to the ship. I would consider it for $40 but not $70.

Here a email that I received from Park Royal about getting a Day Pass from them:

Park Royal Cozumel is one of the most spectacular, self-comprised Resort in the Island. We are located in front of International pier and just five minutes from Punta Langouste pier.

Includes:

Entertainment program

Kid’s Club

Thanks NR. Thats great info. Excuse my ignorance but i am wondering if some of the other larger Resorts in Cozumel such as the Palace are willing to sell day passes also. Especially in this economy. I am going to send out some emails and will report back.

Dh and I stayed there on a land vacation in 2007 and loved it. Would like to do a day pass there. While they only have a small beach the snorkeling is great. We have two small kids and think this would be perfect for them. They can play in the sand and do some snorkeling.

Checked out the Iberostar and they sent me an email back with their day pass pkg. They will do Day Pass from 8:00 am to 6:00pm for $45 p/p.....includes breakfast and lunch buffet....Domestic open bar and International open bar.....Towels....Access to Pool and Beach....Showers..... Non Mototzed water sports. Looks like we are going to check it out when we are there on 11/12....will let u all know how it turns out....Thanks

We have stayed at this resort twice before. It is a really great hotel. Lovely beach and a couple of oceanside pools too. Great food and great bars! Also wondering if Claudia is still working there in the activities department? We saw Fernando last year when we went snorkeling nearby.

We are also interested in doing the day pass in January when we are there on our Carnival cruise. We can usually walk from the one pier, but it is a couple of miles or so if you dock at the downtown pier. I am interested in knowing what others come up with, and pricing as well. I would do $40 per person, but agree that $70 per person would be a bit high. Please keep us posted. Thanks!

I just called Royal Holiday to check on the day pass for the Park Royal. It depends on the time of the year as to the cost. We will be there in January, and the cost then is $60 per person for the day. I believe it was cheaper for off-season months such as June and September, then it was $40. It may also cost more for holiday weeks. They said you just show up and purchase the day pass the day of. No prior reservations required. The only thing is, if they are full at the hotel, they may not honor the request, unless you are a Royal Holiday member, but that sounded unlikely to happen. This also includes 1 hour of snorkeling, in addition to food and drinks.

Includes:

Entertainment program

Kid’s Club

Can you forward that e-mail address you used? I was just told $60 for January. Thanks!

I emailed them a few days ago and specified that we would be there on Dec 4th. They replied that the day pass would be $40. I specifically asked if we would be required to set through a timeshare presentation and they said as long as you purchase the pass at the front desk, you do not have to set through a presentation. I hope when we get there they don't try to charge us $60. Actually, I will just take my email which shows I asked for that specific date and hopefully they will honor the price.

If anyone goes between now and then, please post your experiences.

I emailed them a few days ago and specified that we would be there on Dec 4th. They replied that the day pass would be $40. I specifically asked if we would be required to set through a timeshare presentation and they said as long as you purchase the pass at the front desk, you do not have to set through a presentation. I hope when we get there they don't try to charge us $60. Actually, I will just take my email which shows I asked for that specific date and hopefully they will honor the price.

If anyone goes between now and then, please post your experiences.

Could you post the e-mail address you used? I'd like to try that. Thanks!

Could you post the e-mail address you used? I'd like to try that. Thanks!

This is from the email I received:

Christian A. Vásquez Campos

Asistente de Reservaciones/ReservationsPark Royal Cozumel

Carretera a Chankanaab Km. 3.5 Playa ParaísoZona Hotelera SurCozumel Quintana Roo México C.P. 77600Ph: (52-987) 87 2 0700Fax (52-987) 87 2 1301E-mail: reservationsczm2@park-royalhotels.comVisit us at: www.park-royalhotels.com

This is from the email I received:

Christian A. Vásquez Campos

Asistente de Reservaciones/ReservationsPark Royal Cozumel

Carretera a Chankanaab Km. 3.5 Playa ParaísoZona Hotelera SurCozumel Quintana Roo México C.P. 77600Ph: (52-987) 87 2 0700Fax (52-987) 87 2 1301E-mail: reservationsczm2@park-royalhotels.comVisit us at: www.park-royalhotels.com

Thank you so much for that e-mail address. That worked, and I will also print out the e-mail confirmation I received back from Christian as well, and bring that along, in case they give me a hard time with the $40 versus $60 thing.

Have a great time there! It's a wonderful resort!

Hi again. Just want to say thanks for the good info on Park Royal. Sounds like a good place and very convenient. After more research my wife and i booked Aura Grand Bay instead of Iberostar. I have posted info on that in a new thread. Enjoy your trips!!!

• 1 month later...

Heard back from Park Royal and the $40 per person per day was confirmed although the package doesn't start until 11am which is 12 ship time (Dec 3rd) That seems like a short day if the ship leaves at 6pm (5pm Coz time)? When I emailed (Christian) back and asked if we could come early and use the facilities and pay for a drink out of pocket until the "package time" starts he recommended we pay a $70 day fee. That's a huge difference for wanting to show up a couple of hours early and snorkel and have A drink before 11.

We have a large group of people that wanted to spend the day at Park Royal but if the window for $40 is that short we will probably go elsewhere.

We went last February and they allowed us to use the pools, beach etc. early. I think we got there about 9:45 and they told us the bars and food would not open until 11:00. This was really OK, because it was not hot at all in February at 10am. BTW, we paid $40. Being walking distance to the ships was great.

Heard back from Park Royal and the $40 per person per day was confirmed although the package doesn't start until 11am which is 12 ship time (Dec 3rd) That seems like a short day if the ship leaves at 6pm (5pm Coz time)? When I emailed (Christian) back and asked if we could come early and use the facilities and pay for a drink out of pocket until the "package time" starts he recommended we pay a $70 day fee. That's a huge difference for wanting to show up a couple of hours early and snorkel and have A drink before 11.

We have a large group of people that wanted to spend the day at Park Royal but if the window for $40 is that short we will probably go elsewhere.

We were in Cozumel a couple of weeks ago and decided against Park Royal because our ship left at 4pm and we decided the window was too short since I had also written to ask if we could come and leave early. However we did go into the resort to look round briefly. It is certainly very convenient only a few minutes walk from International Pier and we would certainly consider it for the future. I think as stated above you could probably pay and use the facilities early but I don't know if they are able to make cash sales for drinks since it is "all-inclusive" and people are were wearing wrist bands. Charges for passes do seem to be a little variable as already discussed on these boards. Perhaps it depends on time of year or economy - we were quoted $40pp like you in our email but on the day we were told $35pp by a security guard or there was a booth on the street offering day passes (plus??) for $20pp with an hour long timeshare presentation!

We ended up having lunch and a drink at El Cid next door on a pay as you go basis, although they also offer various day passes as well.

• 2 years later...

Greetings, we just returned from 5 days on Liberty of the Seas. During our day in Cozumel we purchased all inclusive day passes to the Park Royal Cozumel. The hotel is about a 5 minute walk from the International cruise port. Despite trying to purchase the passes in advance, I was unable to confirm anything with hotel staff (when I called they said to just buy them at the front desk) until we arrived. Once we did, there was no problem. The passes were $40 U.S. for adults and $20 for children. The passes gave you access to all the recreational activities, three swimming pools, all-inclusive food and drinks (a nice lunch buffet was available and a number of bars, including swim-up bars), and an hour of free snorkeling gear.

The beach was small but worked fine for our kids. The snorkeling right off the beach was excellent. I saw hundreds of fish. The food and drinks were fine. All in all this was a great way to spend a day in Cozumel. Our kids who are under 10 are still a bit young to fully appreciate any cultural excursions so having a relaxing day was a great alternative. I would recommend this property.