Ceiling bed on the Star Princess???

amk2u

I'm going to be going on a cruise and we booked a guarenteed BB - BF balcony. Our room is not yet assigned. A few years ago when we were on the Golden, we passed rooms where it looked like there were beds that hung from the ceiling over the bed on the floor. Am I remembering this correctly? I'm wondering if my DH and I could get assigned a room that could sleep 4 and if something like that hanging from the ceiling will be in the way or deter from the ambiance of the room? Or maybe they fold up or something? We do like to spend time in our room and would like to feel comfortable.

Gloria,

On the Golden, we had an outside cabin (so not a BB or BF) which could have held 4, but was only the 2 of us. The upper beds folded to the wall, but not flush with the wall. They stuck out the thickness of the bed from the wall, maybe 10 inches? We had the two lower beds made up as a queen, and were able to walk on both sides of that bed without trouble. You did have to make sure not to smack yourself on the corner of the upper bed the first time, but we got used to it just fine. All in all, it was easy to adjust to, and no, I did not feel they were intrusive. And no, they don't remain in the Down position if you are not using them.

Some beds do come down from the ceiling.

On the Coral Princess - they did come out from the ceiling and were fully recessed in the ceiling when not used (you could just see the outline when you looked up).

Archived