copenhagen hotels

MIRYAM

hi there. please i need help on a hotel in copenhagen , not to expensive, center located ? thank you

Tell us more on how you define and what you consider to be "not to expensive". The Baltics, especially in cities such as Copenhagen are not cheap . . . for hotels, food, etc. High labor rates, taxes and tourist demand in Copenhagen, Stockholm, etc. Check places such as Hotel.com, etc. Get something booked to be covered, then check back to see if there are any prices drops, better values coming up, etc.

The hotel places more central are in higher demand, making their pricing, generally, to be more costly. Below is some info on The Square hotel where we stayed. We loved its central location. Don't miss Tivoli at night. It's really magical!!!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 76,101 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 67,502 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

In Copenhagen, we stayed at The Square hotel that overlooks the main plaza in front of their City Hall with its large tower. This picture angle is framed by two statutes in front of this famed civic building. The design for The Square is also very unique and nice. From the Travel Channel on her "Passport" TV shows, Samantha Brown stayed there and gave it good, deserved play/praise.:

CPHtheSquareHotelFront.jpg

Copenhagen’s famed Tivoli has a wide variety of entertainment happening each day and evening. Here, we enjoyed this super energized “BIG BAND” performance, including the Duke’s famed “Night Train” sounds. This park inspired Walt Disney for his great 20th Century creations! Tivoli’s history goes back to 1844. Very unique and special place that is so handy. If possible, visit there in the evening when the lighting makes things so much more magical!!:

TivoliBigBand.jpg

when are you traveling?

What is your budget?

Central copenhagen is not cheap, but without more info nobody can help much.

we are PLANING TO TRAVEL on june 2013

the hotel dosen't have to be in the center of town just close by IN A NICE AREA, we are planing to be there 2 days pre cruise if posible .

We would not like to pay more that $200.00

we are in the planing stages to see if is posible the baltic cruise.

Thank you for all your help.

tell us more on how you define and what you consider to be "not to expensive". The baltics, especially in cities such as copenhagen are not cheap . . . For hotels, food, etc. High labor rates, taxes and tourist demand in copenhagen, stockholm, etc. Check places such as hotel.com, etc. Get something booked to be covered, then check back to see if there are any prices drops, better values coming up, etc.

The hotel places more central are in higher demand, making their pricing, generally, to be more costly. Below is some info on the square hotel where we stayed. We loved its central location. don't miss tivoli at night. It's really magical!!!

thanks! Enjoy! Terry in ohio

did a june 7-19, 2011, solstice cruise from barcelona that had stops in villefranche, ports near pisa and rome, naples, kotor, venice and dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 76,101 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with celebrity and much on wonderful barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

for details and visuals, etc., from our july 1-16, 2010, norway coast/fjords/arctic circle cruise experience from copenhagen on the silver cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 67,502 views.

in copenhagen, we stayed at the square hotel that overlooks the main plaza in front of their city hall with its large tower. This picture angle is framed by two statutes in front of this famed civic building. The design for the square is also very unique and nice. From the travel channel on her "passport" tv shows, samantha brown stayed there and gave it good, deserved play/praise.:

cphthesquarehotelfront.jpg

copenhagen’s famed tivoli has a wide variety of entertainment happening each day and evening. Here, we enjoyed this super energized “big band” performance, including the duke’s famed “night train” sounds. This park inspired walt disney for his great 20th century creations! Tivoli’s history goes back to 1844. Very unique and special place that is so handy. If possible, visit there in the evening when the lighting makes things so much more magical!!:

tivolibigband.jpg

thank you terry for your help and information

How far is Nyhaven from The Square? I am looking at hotels for July 2013. One thing is the lack of hotels with a/c.....I am afraid to get one of those recent European heatwaves and suffer !

Am looking at The Square , Scandic Front , First Ski Petri and the Marriott , all which have a/c. The hotel I most liked , The Admiral , apparently is quite stuffy even without high temps. Too bad , love the location.

Any ideas or comments on any of these hotels? I want a hotel which is well located so I can walk to Nyhaven etc..

thank you terry for your help and information

brazilgirl: How far is Nyhaven from The Square? I am looking at hotels for July 2013. One thing is the lack of hotels with a/c.....I am afraid to get one of those recent European heatwaves and suffer ! Am looking at The Square ' date=' Scandic Front , First Ski Petri and the Marriott , all which have a/c. The hotel I most liked , The Admiral , apparently is quite stuffy even without high temps. Too bad , love the location. Any ideas or comments on any of these hotels? I want a hotel which is well located so I can walk to Nyhaven etc.. [/quote']

Appreciate the follow-up from MIRYAM. Keep those good questions rolling along.

On the question of the distance of Nyhaven from The Square, it is about a one mile per looking at and checking on the Google.com map. So, maybe 15-20 minutes. The key factor is not the distance and time. It is what ALL you get to see as you are doing that walk. WOW!!! You can enjoy one of the key shopping streets, lots of interesting buildings, great architecture, wonderful street art, etc., etc.

We walked back from Tivoli to our cruise ship in late July 2008. It was a wonderful day and this experience was so great to see the various and many "things" up close and person. More at:

Copenhagen: Why Walking Back to the Ship Is Super Great!!!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=975779

Below is some of my "photo evidence" or proof.

As I understand The Square has air conditioning. In my view, the Marriott seems a little far from the key attractions and charm of this great city.

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 77,913 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 68,008 views.

Copenhagen's City Hall and its large Square are in the heart of the main downtown, near Tivoli and the central train station. Completed in 1905, it was designed in the "National Romantic" style with inspiration from the Siena City Hall. Dominated by its richly-ornamented front wth the gilded statue of Absalon just above the balcony, its tall, slim clock tower is 345.6 feet or 105.6 meters tall. It is one of the tallest buildings in Denmark.:

1-CPH-CityHall.jpg

A different angle for Copenhagen dramatic City Hall on its main, central square with its unique architecture touches, details and style.:

CPHCityHallDetails.jpg

Lots of great statues and interesting architecture in Copenhagen to enjoy as you walk around in this historic city.:

1-CPH-StatueonWalk.jpg

Near the completition of our Copenhagen's canal tour at Gammel Strand near Hojbro Plads and Christansbourg Palace:

CopenCompleteCanTour.jpg

Here's the statute in front of the historic Christiansborg Palace that houses the parliament, prime minister, top courts, etc.:

1A-CPH-GovtBldgStatue.jpg

Copenhagen’s Nyhavn or “new” Harbor is actually old and charming. This waterfront entertainment district is lined by brightly colored 17th and early 18th century townhouses and bars, cafes and restaurants. Serving as a "heritage harbor", the canal also has many historical wooden ships. Lots of people and fun activity!!:

Boat.jpg

Thank you Terry!

We spent 2 days in Copenhagen in 2009 and loved it. Very excited to go back. The city is so pleasant to walk around in...but we have 3 kids in tow , so location is key for us!

I am checking out a hotel called 71 Nyhaven which is situated beautifully. Their executive rooms have a/c.

A bit worried about the construction in the square in front of The Square...otherwise the hotel looks lovely!

The noisy work is ending in August, right now they are digging up the road with drilling machines and relaying the sewers, telephone lines, and other wires to make room for the socalled station box.

But they are not working 24/7 so its only from around 7 or 8 in the morning to around 16-17 in the evening.

Scandic Front is looking very good and the location is spot on

Marriott and Imperial is also good hotels but they are located in the outer part of the downtown area but the town hall square is located 5 minutes on foot from both locations.

Appreciate the follow-up from MIRYAM. Keep those good questions rolling along.

On the question of the distance of Nyhaven from The Square, it is about a one mile per looking at and checking on the Google.com map. So, maybe 15-20 minutes. The key factor is not the distance and time. It is what ALL you get to see as you are doing that walk. WOW!!! You can enjoy one of the key shopping streets, lots of interesting buildings, great architecture, wonderful street art, etc., etc.

We walked back from Tivoli to our cruise ship in late July 2008. It was a wonderful day and this experience was so great to see the various and many "things" up close and person. More at:

Copenhagen: Why Walking Back to the Ship Is Super Great!!!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=975779

Below is some of my "photo evidence" or proof.

As I understand The Square has air conditioning. In my view, the Marriott seems a little far from the key attractions and charm of this great city.

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 77,913 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 68,008 views.

Copenhagen's City Hall and its large Square are in the heart of the main downtown, near Tivoli and the central train station. Completed in 1905, it was designed in the "National Romantic" style with inspiration from the Siena City Hall. Dominated by its richly-ornamented front wth the gilded statue of Absalon just above the balcony, its tall, slim clock tower is 345.6 feet or 105.6 meters tall. It is one of the tallest buildings in Denmark.:

1-CPH-CityHall.jpg

A different angle for Copenhagen dramatic City Hall on its main, central square with its unique architecture touches, details and style.:

CPHCityHallDetails.jpg

Lots of great statues and interesting architecture in Copenhagen to enjoy as you walk around in this historic city.:

1-CPH-StatueonWalk.jpg

Near the completition of our Copenhagen's canal tour at Gammel Strand near Hojbro Plads and Christansbourg Palace:

CopenCompleteCanTour.jpg

Here's the statute in front of the historic Christiansborg Palace that houses the parliament, prime minister, top courts, etc.:

1A-CPH-GovtBldgStatue.jpg

Copenhagen’s Nyhavn or “new” Harbor is actually old and charming. This waterfront entertainment district is lined by brightly colored 17th and early 18th century townhouses and bars, cafes and restaurants. Serving as a "heritage harbor", the canal also has many historical wooden ships. Lots of people and fun activity!!:

Boat.jpg

does any one have an opinion on the radisson blue copenhagen

how far is from the center and from the port

and a general opinon of the hotel.

thank you.

miryam

does any one have an opinion on the radisson blue copenhagen how far is from the center and from the port and a general opinon of the hotel. thank you. miryam

Hi, Miryam! While I have not stayed at this hotel, it's very near where we stayed and I was looking at it recently for a friend doing the Baltics in late June. Its location is not quite as handy to the main town square, but it is only a couple block from there, right near Tivoli and the main train station, etc. The Radisson Blu Royal Hotel is a contemporary high-rise. It is also a few blocks from the Strøget shopping district. Its style seems much like The Square where we stayed. Classy, modern, up scale, etc.

Does this help? Below are a couple pictures of the nearby rail station and the busy bike riders on Copenhagen's streets.

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 68,132 views.

Copenhagen’s central railway station was built in 1911 with 13 train platforms. Shown below is one side of the largest train station in Denmark. Also shown is an interior view. Between its brick exteriors and soaring interiors, it’s in a classic, charming, busy part of Copenhagen.:

CopenhExteriorBrick.jpg

CopenhTrainStInterior.jpg

Bike riding in Copenhagen is super big and busy in the Danish Capital. You need to keep an eye out, especially during the early morning later afternoon “rush hours”. Folks are on the way to work with an “intensity”.

CPNBikeRiders.jpg

CPNBikeRidingHeels.jpg

thank you.

miryam

It is ranked 15th of 120 hotels on trip advisor...pretty good. If you can get an inexpensive room there, book it. It is pricey during my visit this year.

thank you.

miryam

Miryam, we stayed at Radisson Blu precruise in 2009 and it was very very nice, right across from Tivoli. Yes, it had a/c. The only downside was the fact that my DH is an early riser, and they did not have coffee available. He finally found some and they charged him like $7 for a very small cup :eek:

Post cruise we wanted to stay closer to Nyhavn. We stayed at the Hotel Maritime, which was fine. The beds were not the best and it was a very very small room. But we were not in the room except to sleep. I do not remember if they had a/c. But I AM sure they had 24 hour free coffee!!! We had to get up at 3:00am for our flight home and they had coffee available :). Guess it is all a matter of priorities:):):)

• 8 months later...

Archived