Vantage Fare Discussion

daiB

It is interesting to note that although there is the same discussion going on over on the Cunard section of this site, there are far fewer posts and although the same concerns are being aired it all seems to have been passed over. A number of people making the point about late cheap fares not being new.

On the last 2 pages of there posts I can only find 86 posts on the subject whereas on here there are 349 on this page alone, this makes it 350.

The 2 things wrong with it as I see them are that when it first came in people could have been deceived regarding the non price drop as getaway fares were not mentioned. The second is the problem of singles and families not being able to take advantage of the getaway fares.

If the second one could be resolved then there is little wrong with the scheme as choice is there and clear.

With regard to the first one, some extra OBC would not come amiss for those who booked after the Vantage fare was released and before the getaway situation was made clear as these are the cruisers which were most affected.

So singles get your pens and paper out and get at it let Carol and David know what you think. Moaning on here will not get any results the other might.

Gan Canny

Dai

:cool:

As a solo traveller, excluded from the Getaway fares, I wrote, via e-mail, to David Dingle who passed it to a Customer Services Executive who replied utilising a 'noreply' e-mail address.

Since my central issue was not dealt with, I have once again written to David Dingle requesting further comment.

I have also pointed out that the use of 'noreply' e-mail addresses by Customer Services Executives is an unsatisfactory practice.

As there are more cruise ships on the market, and the cruise companies reducing prices to fill for want of a better word "bums on seats", I can understand that those paying the Vantage fare are getting upset at how little the getaway fare is, compared to what they paid. If P&O wish to retain their loyal cruisers, they will have to review the whole pricing structure, so that they get their bookings up at the launch which in turn will reduce the number of getaways.

From what I have read it would appear that cruisers are using their option to go elsewhere. I certainly do not want P&O to go to the wall.

As a solo traveller I am really annoyed at the positive discrimination of the solo and family cruisers who are being denied the chance of a last minute cruise and I will be writing to the CEO.

Regards

JO

I have voted with my feet and got a tremendous deal 8 months in advance with Fred O. Not sure how, as Fred now has Anchor fares which are the same as Vantage, but this was on offer from a TA.

I am on Oriana this September and watching with interest as to what prices there are going to be on Getaway.

I have voted with my feet and got a tremendous deal 8 months in advance with Fred O. Not sure how, as Fred now has Anchor fares which are the same as Vantage, but this was on offer from a TA.

I am on Oriana this September and watching with interest as to what prices there are going to be on Getaway.

We are on Oriana in June and I am watching the getaway prices. They are much cheaper for our cabin grade. Down by £100 :rolleyes: some of the cheaper cabins are down more but there does not seem to be a lot left.

Some people are reporting that there OBC is more than they thought hope ours is.:rolleyes:

Gan Canny

Dai

Archived