Any comments on the "newly revitalized" vision of the seas?

berylde

As the Vision of the Seas is an older (1998) ship, I would like to hear from someone that has sailed on her since November.

Does she appear up to date and new or do you have the feeling you are on an old ship?

I realize that class is smaller and I like that. Thinking of sailing on Vision in May

I was on the 2 night cruise on November 11th. I thought the Vision looked beautiful. They did a great job with the dry dock. All areas seemed updated and refreshed. She did not feel like an older ship at all.

My only complaint is that when they re did the bathrooms, they put in those tiny raised round sinks. Too me they are very hard to use. You can barely get your hands under the spigot to wash them. The sinks look good but are totally not user friendly!!

I did the 2 night as well, and we did not like it at all. We did not care for the food much at all, and the table mates, well let me just say we did Windjammer the second night. We were in an inside room which I don't have a problem with, however the tv is in a terrible spot.

I understand the whole immersion program rccl does when they are going to sail from other countries, but geesh, Miami is still part of the US and the fact that it was 90% latina television was awful.

The Centrum was too small for the parties they attempt to have there.

As the Vision of the Seas is an older (1998) ship, I would like to hear from someone that has sailed on her since November.

I just reviewed your signature and see that you've done only Radiance class and up in recent years... Chk my signature, I had no problems with Vision Class ships right after the Oasis. You'll love the Vision, a really nice change of pace. I sailed her Nov11-23 for 12 days.

The ship looks beautiful. R-Bar and Centrum very nice, new pool deck, new flooring, new upholstery, lots of new stuff. Giovanni's is excellent! Izumi's a really cool placement above the Viking Crown Lounge. Really nice to have The Park Cafe in the Solarium, There's a very large thread on CC board with a ton of dry-dock photos you should look for.

Very best of all the current assembled crew from Capt Srecko, CD Rico on down is excellent! Prices for those 7-day Southern Carib cruises are really good at the moment, hopefully you're looking at those "Cultural immersion" cruises as an interesting and different option. I have a billion photos but I don't want to hijack this thread... might be time for my first heavy photo review???:rolleyes:

Glad to read positive review and with great pictures also.

I have the impression that their are seats located around the Centrum on 3 decks and there is alot to watch and see.?

Do you have any pictures of the fitness center?

I was also on the 2 night cruise.

1) Yes there are a lot of chairs in the centrum area, as well as tables on Deck 4 (also the R Bar seating area). They are using the centrums for a lot of games and events on the Vision class, but as you can understand with a 2 night, not so much.

2) I did not like the single buffet line in the windjammer Vs. the stations on the other ships. The line is longer, and you have to wait for the salad bar to get to the hot food section. (The burgers and deserts are still in another area, but most of the things are in the long buffet line).

- Also note with that somtimes things are different on each side of the buffet line so you need to go through both sides at times.

3) Other than the buffet set up, I really did enjoy the ship and would not have a problem going on it again!

I have the impression that their are seats located around the Centrum on 3 decks and there is alot to watch and see? Do you have any pictures of the fitness center?

LIke prev poster says, lots of chairs decks 5 and 6 to look down on events, however there's quite a bit of standing room going on when events are taking place. It's also really cool to watch one of the aerial shows from deck 7 or 8 above... you can watch the aerialists close up and how the whole process works.

Re: gym... ask and you shall receive! :D

DSC04303_zps1ac43c4a.jpg?t=1387381064

DSC04306_zps0a9b9a32.jpg?t=1387467430

Hint: I stayed in my first suite (an aft corner no less!!!). If you end up in a suite, this ship (maybe all Vision class ships?) has a "secret" staircase from deck 8 up to the entrance of the spa/gym located about 5-6 cabins up from the aft of the ship on the starboard side (I was in 8588 if you look on a deck pan). So to get to the gym, Park Cafe/Solarium or pool deck, you don't have to walk all the way down the hall to the Centrum staircase:)

Forgot to mention-----------------------

You live in a beautiful part of the world.

Years ago, we flew from NJ to Calgary. Rented a car and spent time in Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper. A Beautiful vacation!

Liked your picture. We will go on the Vision of the sea next Feb. 2014.

• 3 weeks later...

The new centrum decor they are rolling out fleet wide looks awesome. I was impressed with it on Enchantment and Brilliance, it looks like Vision has benefited as well. She looks much more modern than she did when we cruised on her in 2012. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Hoopster..I am going on the Vision on 2/15 and staying in the same aft js. Was it nice? Did you feel many vibrations or what is noisy back there? This is my first time in a js. Where are those secret stairs you mentioned in your hint? I have to find them!!!