I have managed to get information and prices for the 2015 cruise via Uniworld for either August 7th or August 8th, 2015. The sail date is a bit uncertain until the actual itinerary is published sometime during the first couple of months of 2014. I have heard rumor that the overall pricing is rising possibly 5% in 2015 compared to 2014.
The cruise is a 13 day river cruise from St. Petersburg to Moscow Russia along the Volga River. While not truly sailing on the waters for the 13 day time period, the ship is being used for 3 days before and 3 days after sailing as a floating hotel. The last day is disembarkation in the early morning. I found that the cruise includes all lodging, food, wine/beer at dinner, as well as all (there are a few optional) excursions also listed. From what I have found, gratuities will not be included however.
I found the web site for information about this cruise listed as 2014 and hope that it will not vary much for 2015.
I also noted that the Russian river cruise is NOT all inclusive like the other Europe river cruises are advertised starting in 2014.
My wife and I, and a few others from Cruise Critic or who we met on the Rhine River Cruise this year have mentioned being interested in a river cruise in Russia. Half the fun is the Planning.
Anyone else thinking about going on the Russian River Cruise in 2015?
Now if I could just find some decent priced Airfare !!!!
- Aug 1993 - Alaska Inside Passage - via Vancouver - 'Original' Star Princess
- July 2009 - Baltics (Dover, England to St.Petersburg, Russia) NCL Jewel
- July 15, 2012 - Alaska Inside Passage - via Seattle - NCL Pearl
- September 1st 2013 - Castles On the Rhine - Uniworld's 'SS Antoinette'
- June 4, 2014 - Rome & Med. - NCL Epic (roundtrip)
- February 10, 2015 - (Coastal) LA - Ensenada - Crown Princess (Linda)
- March 27, 2016 - Panama Canal - Miami to San Diego - Celebrity Infinity
- September 30, 2016 - New England - Quebec City to Boston - NCL Dawn
- March 9, 2017 - California Coastal / Catalina Island - Star Princess
- February 16, 2018 - Panama Canal - Miami to Los Angeles - NCL Star
- June 23, 2018 - Alaska Land/Cruise - Fairbanks to Vancouver - Celebrity Millennium
- February 20, 2019 - Hawaii - 17 nights - San Diego (RT) - HAL Eurodam
Our Bucket List:
- Pacific NW - Columbia River Cruise via American Empress