New Orleans Hotel

majicgem

I also posted this on the Port of call forum. Are there any hotels near the French Quarter that include an airport and/or pier shuttle? We're doing a pre cruise stay on Saturday Oct 1. Also since we won't be getting into NOLA until after 6pm and therefore won't have much time to explore the city, does it make sense to spend more to get a FQ hotel or should we be looking at one close to the pier?

Magic...I can't answer all your questions, but I've not found FQ hotel with an airport shuttle. It's quite a distance.

Just MHO, but as much as I LOVE the French Quarter, I would probably stay by the pier. Just drop off the luggage and hit the town. NO has excellent transportation for getting around...but I'd rather "ditch" the luggage as conveniently to the ship as possible. Then again....I'm an obsessive "over-packer"!!

Have a great cruise.

I agree about finding a hotel close to the pier. From what I'm reading the streetcar pass is $5 for the entire day. Now it's only goes until midnight - but heck I can get a lot done before midnight. We are staying at the HI on Convention Center Blvd because it is close to the ship. They also have a free shuttle to the FQ. So if you got stuck in the FQ you could probably call to be picked up.

I also posted this on the Port of call forum. Are there any hotels near the French Quarter that include an airport and/or pier shuttle? We're doing a pre cruise stay on Saturday Oct 1. Also since we won't be getting into NOLA until after 6pm and therefore won't have much time to explore the city, does it make sense to spend more to get a FQ hotel or should we be looking at one close to the pier?

Hola,

Take a look at www.nomcvb.com/travelagent/cruisepackages05.html

Good hunting.

I posted reviews of the Hampton Inn Convention Center and Drury Inn and Suites on the New Orleans board. No shuttles, but the Hampton Inn is close to the port and a few blocks away from the Riverfront Streetcar line and Riverwalk Mall so you'd be able to tour for a few hours in the evening. The Holiday Inn mentioned above is about a block closer to the port, but, for our stay, it would have been a lot more expensive than the Hampton Inn. Also, these 2 hotels are very close to Mulates restaurant, which we didn't get to go to, but have heard is a great place to eat and soak in the atmosphere.

when i cruised from NO, i stayed at the holiday-inn on royal st. it runs parallel to bourbon, wal-greens a few steps and a liquor store across the street. a few minutes walk u r on canal st close to harrahs and shops. we took an shuttle from the airport they offer many (we had a group). took a cab back, no shuttle at HI that i know of, but this was 2 yrs ago. they will hold your luggage for u, we took a cab to the port, a very short distance. acme oyster co right around the corner towrds bourbon. it was very handy for all of us! my dh got sick and they let us keep the room until 3pm so we didnt haveta store any luggage. but it is a handy place, indoor pool and fridays connected.

Archived