Crystal Cruises Cancels Bangkok Stops Through 2015

LauraS

• 2 weeks later...

No luxury or for that matter cruise line leads on everything.

I can point to many items that Crystal has led on. By the way, Crystal was the first cruise line to offer specialty restaurants and it is Crystal that has led the way on itineraries. After all, in March of 2013 Crystal had already announced its 2016 World Cruise itinerary and only a few months later announced their first four months of 2016 itineraries on both ships when many had not even announced any of their 2015 sailings.

Keith

No luxury or for that matter cruise line leads on everything.

I can point to many items that Crystal has led on. By the way, Crystal was the first cruise line to offer specialty restaurants and it is Crystal that has led the way on itineraries. After all, in March of 2013 Crystal had already announced its 2016 World Cruise itinerary and only a few months later announced their first four months of 2016 itineraries on both ships when many had not even announced any of their 2015 sailings.

Keith

Seabourn seems to be the only luxury line that has not announced 2015 sailings. (Don't worry -- I won't accuse you of generalizing:) ) It may be a bit easier to schedule two ships than Silversea's eight and even Regent's three but they do try to get them out in a timely manner. Silversea has had their 2015 itineraries out for a while. Regent's only came out this month. They really changed around itineraries for both late 2014 and 2015. The second half of 2015 itineraries opened for booking yesterday. The new itineraries were so popular that their computer apparently went down yesterday afternoon (but is functioning well today). The next itineraries Regent will be preparing will be for their new ship in 2016:-)

It is interesting about the specialty restaurants. If I was playing Trivia, I would have bet that it were Silversea. I learn something new every day!

Okay, wripro, this has nothing to do with Bangkok. I can say that Regent and Sliversea have yet to drop it from their itineraries.

Edited by Travelcat2

Yes, itineraries is one that Crystal is leading on getting them out before any of the other luxury lines and getting pricing out too. In March of 2013 they announced the WC16 itinerary when most lines had nothing out for 2015. Soon they will likely announce itineraries beyond that time frame.

My only point is that each line leads on certain items and I don't see any of them following on all items either.

Keith