Breakaway Cabin 8718

nrthrngal

Thank you for the link? Did you stay in the cabin? I'm just curious as it seems Deck 8 is quite busy...

I did not stay in an M6. That's why folks like deck 8, near all the action and food. :)

It won't be that busy where your cabin is located though.

Hi. My family stayed in 8120. Pretty much directly across the ship from where you will be. We really liked it. It was a quiet location, but close enough to many of the venues. The cabin itself had plenty of storage for the four of us, the bathroom was spacious ( the shower was heavenly) and the balcony was large enough for two regular chairs, a small table and a lounger. The only complaint some may have is that being in the front you will definitely feel the motion of the ocean. We had 22 foot waves and it was quite a ride! We actually enjoy that sort of thing, however :D. Also, there was some vibrations when docking or pulling away from port. But nothing terrible. I would book that cabin again in a heartbeat really. I hope you have a great cruise!

Hi. My family stayed in 8120. Pretty much directly across the ship from where you will be. We really liked it. It was a quiet location, but close enough to many of the venues. The cabin itself had plenty of storage for the four of us, the bathroom was spacious ( the shower was heavenly) and the balcony was large enough for two regular chairs, a small table and a lounger. The only complaint some may have is that being in the front you will definitely feel the motion of the ocean. We had 22 foot waves and it was quite a ride! We actually enjoy that sort of thing, however :D. Also, there was some vibrations when docking or pulling away from port. But nothing terrible. I would book that cabin again in a heartbeat really. I hope you have a great cruise!

Yikes 22 foot waves:eek: We have booked for our June cruise 8130 mini and 8140. Is 8140 a bump out balcony?

Edited by monkeybone

..... Is 8140 a bump out balcony?

It is from my math. 8138, 8140, cat BD, and their sisters starboard, are secret bumpout balconies. The deck plans do not indicate these cabins have bumpout balconies, but from my research do have larger than normal balconies. I welcome confirmation and someone to double check my work.

See slide #9 in link above in post #2. Look for mirror image cabin 8740.

It appears 8140 will have a balcony similar in size to those at the end of the bumpouts. See slide #12 - 18 here showing a typical bumpout angled balcony.

https://docs.google.com/a/wisertogether.com/presentation/d/1_863Qda8PkJ0AZoyY65t8bC0C4eR4Og2SkH931zNdLU/pub?start=true&loop=true&delayms=5000&slide=id.gd493a907_2_0

HTH

Edited by bear3412

Hello!

Does anyone have any experience with this one? It's a mini suite with large balcony I believe..

Thank you in advance,

Tanya

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Tanya...we stayed in this cabin. LOVED IT.

No ..there is no noise at all. These cabins are down a hallway, closed off from the public areas. It is a wonderful spot, as all the restaurants are right there and you are not fighting to get on an elevator.

The cabin itself is great. The bathroom has double sinks and a shower that is big enough for 4 people.

The bed is next to the balcony and the balcony is 3x the size of a standard balcony. 2/3rds of the balcony is open air and 1/3 is covered, which is great for privacy.

Any questions, let me know. :)

Hi Tanya...we stayed in this cabin. LOVED IT.

No ..there is no noise at all. These cabins are down a hallway, closed off from the public areas. It is a wonderful spot, as all the restaurants are right there and you are not fighting to get on an elevator.

The cabin itself is great. The bathroom has double sinks and a shower that is big enough for 4 people.

The bed is next to the balcony and the balcony is 3x the size of a standard balcony. 2/3rds of the balcony is open air and 1/3 is covered, which is great for privacy.

Any questions, let me know. :)

Hi!

Thank you so much!! I just let out a breath I've been holding in apparently since we booked that I wasn't aware of ;) ! Now I can relax on that front and get to packing!

I read the layout wrong and thought the bed was closest to the door but I really don't care now, how much time will I spend in my room anyways with that balcony right? :)

Did you find the motion to be somewhat extreme like a previous poster had mentioned?

Again, thank you!!!:D

Edited by nrthrngal

Hi!

Thank you so much!! I just let out a breath I've been holding in apparently since we booked that I wasn't aware of ;) ! Now I can relax on that front and get to packing!

Again, thank you!!!:D

Tanya...forgive me. I just looked in my "records". We had cabins 8720 and 8716....not 8718. So this is the cabin in between ours and our traveling companions. Yes, you are correct. 8718 had the bed near the closet. (not that it matters....to me, anyway)

You are going to have an AMAZING time. So much to do on this ship and so many "no fee" eateries.

Tanya...forgive me. I just looked in my "records". We had cabins 8720 and 8716....not 8718. So this is the cabin in between ours and our traveling companions. Yes, you are correct. 8718 had the bed near the closet. (not that it matters....to me, anyway)

You are going to have an AMAZING time. So much to do on this ship and so many "no fee" eateries.

No forgiveness necessary! I'm just so thrilled to have heard from someone who stayed in the same type and on either side of us ;)

Did you find the motion to be excessive? We can't get Dramamine over the counter here in Canada and I've read in the U.S you can get less drowsy Dramamine OTC, so just wondering if I should make a stop for it...

No forgiveness necessary! I'm just so thrilled to have heard from someone who stayed in the same type and on either side of us ;)

Did you find the motion to be excessive? We can't get Dramamine over the counter here in Canada and I've read in the U.S you can get less drowsy Dramamine OTC, so just wondering if I should make a stop for it

We had no motion problems at all, but that does not mean that you won't. In my opinion Dramamine is not that great.

Get BONINE. You can get it at any drugstore. Start taking it the day "before" your cruise. My son gets VERY seasick and this is the only product that works for him....so if you tend to get motion sickness, I would advise you to get this product.

If Canada does not carry it, you can get it here in NJ/NY at any CVS, Rite Aide, Walgreens, or Walmart.

Did you find the motion to be excessive? We can't get Dramamine over the counter here in Canada and I've read in the U.S you can get less drowsy Dramamine OTC, so just wondering if I should make a stop for it

We had no motion problems at all, but that does not mean that you won't. In my opinion Dramamine is not that great.

Get BONINE. You can get it at any drugstore. Start taking it the day "before" your cruise. My son gets VERY seasick and this is the only product that works for him....so if you tend to get motion sickness, I would advise you to get this product.

If Canada does not carry it, you can get it here in NJ/NY at any CVS, Rite Aide, Walgreens, or Walmart.

Thank you, I will stop once we get to the States. we don't have that here so great tip!

It is from my math. 8138, 8140, cat BD, and their sisters starboard, are secret bumpout balconies. The deck plans do not indicate these cabins have bumpout balconies, but from my research do have larger than normal balconies. I welcome confirmation and someone to double check my work.

See slide #9 in link above in post #2. Look for mirror image cabin 8740.

It appears 8140 will have a balcony similar in size to those at the end of the bumpouts. See slide #12 - 18 here showing a typical bumpout angled balcony.

https://docs.google.com/a/wisertogether.com/presentation/d/1_863Qda8PkJ0AZoyY65t8bC0C4eR4Og2SkH931zNdLU/pub?start=true&loop=true&delayms=5000&slide=id.gd493a907_2_0

HTH

Thats what I am hoping for :)

We stayed in 8726... Loved it so much we rebooked same stateroom for next January. You are going to be very happy. Near everything, but yet away from the crowds, noise, etc. In my opinion the large balcony and the stateroom location added to our cruise experience!!!

Have a wonderful cruise!:)

We stayed in 8726... Loved it so much we rebooked same stateroom for next January. You are going to be very happy. Near everything, but yet away from the crowds, noise, etc. In my opinion the large balcony and the stateroom location added to our cruise experience!!!

Have a wonderful cruise!:)

I can't believe I went from worried to ecstatic about our cabin in such a short time! CC members are awesome!

• 1 month later...
Is 8138 the same as 8738 (cat BD) and would be a bump out like 8738? I just booked it. Am hoping I don't have to bother my PCC and change rooms again

Yes, according to my math. Although I would call it a secret angled balcony, as it is not shown on the deck plans. So is 8140/8740 too, but not quite as big.

We are speaking of balconies fwiw. ;)

See slide 21 here; https://docs.google.com/a/wisertogether.com/presentation/d/1_863Qda8PkJ0AZoyY65t8bC0C4eR4Og2SkH931zNdLU/pub?start=true&loop=true&delayms=5000#slide=id.gd43adb57_2_0

HTH

Edited by bear3412

That's awesome, I booked those same 2 cabins last week, I wanted side by sides but the deck plans are 4ppl, 3ppl, 4ppl etc, and since we were 8 we had to separate by 1 cabin, no biggy. Still trying to convince my friends family of 3 to take the middle cabin.