96 hours "live", Freedom of the Seas - June 21, 2015

Depending on internet speeds I will try and post some observations on the Freedom this week. I've been told that connection speeds in the cabins are spotty, and since we are in an Aft JS, I'm not holding out much hope. This is also our first return to the Freedom since her drydock. I have also been told that last week, she set a new occupancy record, it will probably only get more packed as the summer goes on. I imagine a plethora of young girls glued to their IPhones hogging bandwidth.

Anyway this is our 30th anniversary cruise, we are D+, which is why i have the 96 hours in the title, and i have never even used the internet onboard so wish me luck. The plan is to log on to (2) 48 hour windows and see how that works. Most of my access will be via my HTC smartphone, but I may also try and use my clunky Chromebook. Pictures will probably be low res from phone since i'm not sure how long it will take to post to Shutterfly and then add the images. The plan is to post on days 2-3, and 5-6. We are on a Western route and I may change depending on the ports, I may also post this afternoon using our lovely 4G cell towers.

Things that I am interested in are as follows:

the new sundeck in what used to be St Tropez

drink prices, lets kick that dead horse some more :eek:

overall crowding of the ship

Diamond lounge vibe

our Aft JS

BarefootBeach cabana, I hope i can get one:o

if anyone wants to join in the journey, welcome

TTFN

Here are a few pics that i have on Shutterfly

View from CB of departure last week

ry%3D400

The new sundeck taken on a very expensive helicopter tour this spring

ry%3D400

Freedom at T1 this morning. view is from our condo, just south of Ron Jons

ry%3D400

Rocket launch from the Cape. we should have one around 10:30 next week when we return for those not rushing to airport

ry%3D400

Looking forward to your review John. Please let us know how many folks are wearing shorts in the MDR at dinner, and most importantly, how many of those are dress shorts.;)

First crisis averted. I just noticed I had not yet applied the notorious luggage tags. Quick fix and all is well

Forgot to attach picture. This may be a common theme since I am unaware of how to post pictures in a new post. I only see how to do it in a reply

1434898475561.jpg.1743135268e3a39daa017eac16ed6777.jpg

Best investment in cruise gear ever. Insulated wine bag. Holds two Riesling, two red bulls, and four Cokes. Should stay chilled until we get to cabin. Then I transfer to beer bag.

Pics for above.

1434899197424.jpg.8df8270a139ccaeba8a21bc62dcc702a.jpg

1434899228481.jpg.22b97fbcd8c96b94ee26f88cfcd9f581.jpg

1434899247610.jpg.8aa95e2070a02d0287076d12bc7aed46.jpg

Hate to beat another dead horse, but you could check if they ever did put cushions back on the suite balcony furniture?

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Sure, I meant to include that in my initial post. We look down on President suite. Will try and see GS and OS from pool deck. JS also

Hate to beat another dead horse, but you could check if they ever did put cushions back on the suite balcony furniture?

I am also curious about JS's with shallow balconies getting loungers. Inquiring minds want to know

Sure, I meant to include that in my initial post. We look down on President suite. Will try and see GS and OS from pool deck. JS also

Thanks! Have a great cruise!

p.s. Really envious of that view from your condo!

President has blue cushions. Our aft, not so much

1434909056041.jpg.3641bdeca2c9e82c6c71559f1acfce79.jpg

1434909087905.jpg.37573999a1f5ce185ba8b0f4a4c5b02a.jpg

Looking forward to your review John. Please let us know how many folks are wearing shorts in the MDR at dinner, and most importantly, how many of those are dress shorts.;)

Will do, nice to hear from you

Very nice view! I just thought of another question. Any craft beers onboard?

Will try and check pub later. Muster soon. BTW, lots of announcements over intercom. :(

4G not good in cabin.

Carnival Sensation just passed by. The add on balconies are odd looking.

Just had announcement that WiFi is not working, satellite issues. Lots of announcements. I posted this once all ready. Apologies if previous one appears. Man it's hot

1434918773163.jpg.d971a5695d4660c72d4b077ca578cc20.jpg