Saver Fare

RMVET

I've seen several discussions posted related to Saver Fares and what you get and don't get when you purchase your voyage with one.

What exactly is a Saver Fare? and Where do you get them?

I'm not too sure if the 'Saver Fare' is available overseas to our American cousins ?

It's a sort of promotional fare type here in the UK ( I think you have your own promotional fare structure in the US ? )

Here in the UK, Cunard offer two types of booking conditions; and they work something like this;

The Cunard Fare: were you can pick and choose your stateroom and dining preference, Free shuttle bus in ports ( when there is a charge) and sometimes onboard credit and/or free car parking at the home port

The Saver Fare: were you are unable to choose your stateroom or dining preference, payment for shuttle bus in various ports ( and no OBC or parking etc)

I've seen several discussions posted related to Saver Fares and what you get and don't get when you purchase your voyage with one.

What exactly is a Saver Fare? and Where do you get them?

While the Cunard Fare/Early Saver/Saver fare structure applies only to the UK market, there are some promotions in the US that carry the same restrictions as the Saver fare. These restrictions are usually an immediate non-refundable full payment, category guarantee and no choice of early versus late dining. You have to decide if your priority is saving money or having these choices.

Promotions are only offered if a voyage isn't selling well at a preset level. You have to watch and be ready. Sometimes only a certain number of staterooms are available on a given promotion - "you snooze, you lose".

• 3 weeks later...

I found the saver fare very helpful to book a further QM2 trip this year. We usually avail ourselves on the round transatlantics but saw a great offer to change cabins for an unobstructed BF on a 28 day Nov Carribean Cruise all for £2099 pp. We won't get a choice of cabin numbers on that low fare but we are very much looking forward to it.

Edited by robbie_3

Do saver fares include transfers from the airport please?

If the saver fare includes a flight, then the transfer is included.

In May this year I did a TA. When I got my bill on the final day I noticed a charge for the transfer from the Newark airport to the ship. I was surprised as I had expected it to be included, but I didn't say anything as I felt too unwell to query it at the Purser's desk. When I next spoke to my agent in the Cunard offices I mentioned it to her. She checked the screen and found it to be a mistake and arranged for that cost to be repaid to my credit card.

In August I did a Med. cruise and transfers in both Istanbul and Rome were included in the cost.