Post Dry Dock Magic Dining Spreadsheet

theplanner2010

Hi all, over-planner and 1st time Carnival Cruiser here!

I have attached an excel spreadsheet I made to familiarize myself with the dining options for the Magic since we will be cruising on her post dry dock on July 9th for the Western itinerary.

Everyone please free to use it for your own Magic cruise if you think it would be helpful however be aware that some information (especially some of the times) are speculation based on other ships time - especially for the new venues.

I tried to be pretty accurate, but I'm sure you Carnival experts will find some mistakes. Please let me know if there is anything I should add or correct.

MAGIC DINING.pdf

Edited by theplanner2010

Thanks for posting!!!!

Couple of questions, did I read somewhere about a place where you could get free empanadas, etc for breakfast? Thinking it was on Magic but may be wrong.

Also, I have a feeling they will not have a burrito bar and a separate blue iguana cantina since you can get burritos and tacos at cantina at lunch.

Thanks for posting!!!!

Couple of questions, did I read somewhere about a place where you could get free empanadas, etc for breakfast? Thinking it was on Magic but may be wrong.

Also, I have a feeling they will not have a burrito bar and a separate blue iguana cantina since you can get burritos and tacos at cantina at lunch.

You are probably right about that! I think I will take off the burrito bar!

I saw that on the Sunshine I think - Cuban eatery or something fie empanadas ??Thanks

Edited by theplanner2010

Thanks for posting!!!!

Epanadas are at the Blue Iguana. They go great with a breakfast burrito!

Really cool chart. Good job.

Breeze had these and I can tell you just not enough time to eat it all.

Tandoor was a favorite, kids liked the pasta bar, and if you want to do the Fat Jimmy's , get in line early or be prepared to wait.

Blue iguana was great for breakfast, grabbed a few and took them back to the balcony.

Seaday brunch was good and we all enjoyed the suess breakfast. Well worth $5.

Will be hitting the wings at the red frog pub, enjoyed those very much.

Nice spreadsheet, I think I will do something like this for Glory because it would be very handy!!. Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Debbie, I'm going on the Glory as well. Could you post your spreadsheet here?

Nice spreadsheet, I think I will do something like this for Glory because it would be very handy!!. Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I tried to post the original excel sheet so people could save it and edit for themselves but it would not let me attach an excel file. If someone knows how to do this I will be happy to post it and save you some legwork 😉

Hi all, over-planner and 1st time Carnival Cruiser here!

I have attached an excel spreadsheet I made to familiarize myself with the dining options for the Magic since we will be cruising on her post dry dock on July 9th for the Western itinerary.

Everyone please free to use it for your own Magic cruise if you think it would be helpful however be aware that some information (especially some of the times) are speculation based on other ships time - especially for the new venues.

I tried to be pretty accurate, but I'm sure you Carnival experts will find some mistakes. Please let me know if there is anything I should add or correct.

GREAT WORK!!! One of the best, most helpful posts I've ever seen here.

You are the best!!! My over-planning self is in love with this spreadsheet! LOL! Thanks!!

Does the Magic have a Guy's Burger now? I read somewhere that it was coming, but I need to know if I am planning on many plates of fries....;)

You are the best!!! My over-planning self is in love with this spreadsheet! LOL! Thanks!!

Does the Magic have a Guy's Burger now? I read somewhere that it was coming, but I need to know if I am planning on many plates of fries....;)

Now no.

In 2 weeks yes.

She is on her way to the dry dock now

Epanadas are at the Blue Iguana. They go great with a breakfast burrito!

Are you sure you aren't thinking about Arepas? I know they did not have empanadas on Liberty's iguana cantina, but that's not to say they haven't added them.

And the Arepas are great from breakfast! I usually go down and get hueveros rancheros and 2 Arepas and go back to balcony to split with husband. Great way to start the day.

According to John Heald the pizza will move to the back where the deli was and the deli will be moving to where the burrito bar was so the burrito will be no loner. Which makes sense since it is redundant with the Blue Iguana Cantina.

According to John Heald the pizza will move to the back where the deli was and the deli will be moving to where the burrito bar was so the burrito will be no loner. Which makes sense since it is redundant with the Blue Iguana Cantina.

That makes sense. the deli seems like it would be better inside.

Did he hint where alchemy bar will be?

Deck plan changes 2016 refurbishment review

The list of changes in the Magic ship deck plans after the scheduled drydock 2016 (Fun Ship 2.0 refurbishment February 21 to March 5) includes:

• (On Promenade deck 5) was added the Alchemy Bar (cocktail pharmacy with resident mixologists)
  • (On Lido deck 10) were added 2 new poolside eateries (both complimentary) – Guy’s Burger Joint (fast-food bar) and Bluelguana Cantina (Mexican eatery). Other new venues on Lido deck are BlueIguana Tequila Bar (Mexican-themed outdoor bar for frozens and beers) and the Pizzeria del Capitano (complimentary).
  • (On Lido deck 10) were added RedFrog Rum Bar (rum bar for frozens and beers, plus the Carnival’s private label ThirstyFrog Red (draught beer).
  • Among the various technical enhancements implemented are shoreside power capabilities and new hull coating.

I found this posted elsewhere, suggesting Alchemy will be on deck 5

Seems the likely spot but where to squeeze it in?