Cape Liberty Offsite Parking

tgloersen

Hello, i thought i pass on this information.

Last year i took a cruise out of Cape Liberty NJ to Bermuda and i used an offsite parking for the car (Premier Parking), is was cheaper and very easy to get to and from the cruise port using there shuttles

I saw a recent post where someone said that they arrived to a closed down lot. Bummer!

Today i get an email from a place called Parkway Parking, apparently they bought the Premier Parking lot and opened it back up, prices still look good.

I just wanted to pass on the info to my fellow cruiser's.......email follows

Save with Parkway Parking's Low Online Rates

View this email in your browser

School's Almost Out Save With The Lowest Online Rates of The Season

Port Liberty Cape Liberty $11.99 a day

Port of Miami $7.00 a day

Port Everglades $5.49 a day

Port Canaveral $5.95 a day

Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport $3.49 a day

Orlando International Airport $3.19 a day

Baltimore–Washington International Airport $4.99 a day

Newark Liberty International Airport $6.00 a day

Plus Many More Locations to Choose From With Low Our Online Rates.

Visit us at ParkwayParking.com to Save!!

Hello, i thought i pass on this information.

Last year i took a cruise out of Cape Liberty NJ to Bermuda and i used an offsite parking for the car (Premier Parking), is was cheaper and very easy to get to and from the cruise port using there shuttles

I saw a recent post where someone said that they arrived to a closed down lot. Bummer!

Today i get an email from a place called Parkway Parking, apparently they bought the Premier Parking lot and opened it back up, prices still look good.

I just wanted to pass on the info to my fellow cruiser's.......email follows

Save with Parkway Parking's Low Online Rates

View this email in your browser

School's Almost Out Save With The Lowest Online Rates of The Season

Port Liberty Cape Liberty $11.99 a day

Port of Miami $7.00 a day

Port Everglades $5.49 a day

Port Canaveral $5.95 a day

Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport $3.49 a day

Orlando International Airport $3.19 a day

Baltimore–Washington International Airport $4.99 a day

Newark Liberty International Airport $6.00 a day

Plus Many More Locations to Choose From With Low Our Online Rates.

Visit us at ParkwayParking.com to Save!!

It appears to be the same operation running under a new name since Premier Parking went bankrupt. Huge red flag. Not recommended. Shuttle vehicles are not licensed livery vehicles, which means they have highly questionable or nonexistent insurance coverage. Caveat Emptor.

I had no problem with them at all, and the new company is much bigger and serves many ports and airports.

So be a guinea pig and give it a try and report back to us. Remember - the concern is the licensing and insurance coverage on the "shuttle" vehicles. Folks reported back that the shuttle vehicles used by the previous operation did not have any company markings and appeared to be either rentals or private vehicles, which is a big red flag. A license plate might provide additional info about the status of the vehicle.

It appears to be the same operation running under a new name since Premier Parking went bankrupt. Huge red flag. Not recommended. Shuttle vehicles are not licensed livery vehicles, which means they have highly questionable or nonexistent insurance coverage. Caveat Emptor.

Contrary to your opinion, we parked at Premier at Port Liberty several times and had NO PROBLEMS. I assume you are guessing that the new company is the same operation as the old one or do you have some 'inside' information. I am tempted to try them out for our June cruise....

I had no problem with them at all, and the new company is much bigger and serves many ports and airports.

Premier Parking also served many ports and airports, and some people who used their services in FL who had a difficult time getting their cars back when the company went out of business.

It easily could be the same company operating under a new name.

So be a guinea pig and give it a try and report back to us. Remember - the concern is the licensing and insurance coverage on the "shuttle" vehicles. Folks reported back that the shuttle vehicles used by the previous operation did not have any company markings and appeared to be either rentals or private vehicles, which is a big red flag. A license plate might provide additional info about the status of the vehicle.

I already used them, easy, fast parking, they only drive you freaken mile down the road.

Look i only posted for peoples information, i'm not twisting your arm to use them, i'm just reporting my experience.

People can make there own assumption on whether it right for them or not.

Man try to give information and you get your head bitten off on this site Jeez.

I already used them, easy, fast parking, they only drive you freaken mile down the road.

Look i only posted for peoples information, i'm not twisting your arm to use them, i'm just reporting my experience.

I'm sorry you felt you "got your head bitten off on this site". You posted information about a new parking option for Cape Liberty. You were not the first person to mention this.

I posted that there are concerns about the new offering that involve licensing, shuttle insurance, and car safety and invited users of the new service to post about their experience, particularly the shuttle details. Other regular posters on this site share those concerns.

As you said "People can make there own assumption on whether it right for them or not."

I too don't understand your reaction to Carol's post.

I believe this "new" operator is still Premier Parking. Even if it is not, I would not again use the same lot that Premier used. The lot has no lines, the lot has pot holes, not small ones , the lot is not secured while the storage facility is open during the day. Yes, there is a fence surrounding the storage facility. The so called parking lot used by Premier or what ever name they are now using is within the storage lot and there is no security fence separating the lot from the storage facility.

Since you used the lot recently please report back and tell us none of this is true. My friend lives blocks away from the storage facility and I am sure he will confirm your assertations, should I ask him to.

Contrary to your opinion, we parked at Premier at Port Liberty several times and had NO PROBLEMS. I assume you are guessing that the new company is the same operation as the old one or do you have some 'inside' information. I am tempted to try them out for our June cruise....

Let me chime in since mine is not an opinion but factual.

I used Premiers lot last August. I wrote a detailed review here on this board of my experience. Their vehicles had NO identification, no markings, no DOT numbers. Every other shuttle vehicle I saw while waiting and waiting and waiting for the Premier shuttle back to the lot did have such identification.

Premier would not answer their toll free number as many of us on line who were kept waiting for their shuttle attempted to reach them. Premier did answer their local NJ number but despite their promise that vehicles were on the way, they were not. When I called their local number trying to find out when a shuttle would appear, they would no longer answer that number either.

Perhaps you had no problems with Premier, that does not mean others did not and I certainly did. I saw the family who was first in line NOT able to get all their members on the first 3 vehicles that did show up because of the dash by everyone to get into the vehicles after waiting the time we did.

One driver even suggested that a family member drive back to get the last member of the party!

Keep posting how wonderful your experience was and I will keep alerting readers of this board what a negative experience I had with Premier.

By the way, did you get the $5 coupon they offered for writing a review?

I told them to look on this board, I can only assume my review was not worthy of the bribe err money.:rolleyes: