Reservations disappeared

clojacks

We have 2-12 day back to back Mediterranean cruises booked in Sept/Oct on the Silhouette, that have been booked for almost a year. This morning I went into the Celebrity website to check on transfers from the ship back to the Rome airport at the conclusion of the cruises and our Reservations are gone, and I can't enter them. Is anyone else experiencing problems with the website and accessing their reservations? I know this has been a problem in the past, but I was under the impression that Celebrity hired someone to totally redo their entire IT infrastructure?

Just got off the phone with Capt. Club rep and it is still an ongoing problem.:(

I did the same thing after I posted and got the same response. They gave me a "work around" but the page I wanted to access with transfer info is "unavailable"! She said they have someone in IT working on the problem but they have no estimated time of completion (or date).

I would not worry about this specific situation. You only need to panic 60 days out and even then.

What had you planned to do at this time which cannot wait a few months? If you need to make reservations on X's transport, I Am sure you can if not via the website then by phone. If it is just info you require, then just call them if it cannot wait a few hours or days from now.

Many people, here, are constantly complaining about X's website, yes they may have someone trying to update/change/repair etc. the site, yet will NOT take a few hours or weeks... possibly months to see the changes which some demand.

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953

Not panicking Bo. What I had planned on doing was just accessing planning information and I thought I would share my experience with others in case someone else had a similar website experience and was curious if they were alone. Celebrity said EVERYONE is affected by this. And actually, it does help me in planning my return flights by knowing what time I might return to FCO airport.

The MANY people complaining about Celebrity's website are justified in doing so, and especially on here, which is a public forum for sharing information, concerns, kudos and complaints regarding anything Celebrity related.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not panicking Bo. What I had planned on doing was just accessing planning information and I thought I would share my experience with others in case someone else had a similar website experience and was curious if they were alone. Celebrity said EVERYONE is affected by this. And actually, it does help me in planning my return flights by knowing what time I might return to FCO airport.

The MANY people complaining about Celebrity's website are justified in doing so, and especially on here, which is a public forum for sharing information, concerns, kudos and complaints regarding anything Celebrity related.

You are quite correct in your thoughts.

I Am sorry that you may not know about the ports boards and airline boards which, in case X's website is down for this, you can ask questions about transport and time between the port and airport and other experiences or alternatives to consider around your questions or thoughts.

Yes, MANY people do complain about X's website, this has been going on for years. Yet I respect the fact that if it helps to blow off steam to once again to complain about it here, fine.

No need for me to respond, as MY experiences with the website has been very very different than those who have complained, this is not to say that I have not experienced glitches here and there, but it is electronic and there will always be issues with websites and the internet and the like.

I trust you will be able to gain access to the information you seek and soon, so all planning will be completed for your sailing.

bon voyage

Actually Bo, I am very familiar with the vast amount of resources that the CC boards contain. We have been using it for years as an informational gathering tool. But, ironically, my cruise is booked with Celebrity and I am interested in booking a transfer with Celebrity and, as such, the Celebrity website was just the one I had been hoping to find FACTUAL information on. I am assuming that you, appearing to also be familiar with the boards on CC, have occasionally come across info that was not factual accurate. I know I have. Not that people have posted incorrect info intentionally, but in my case, it will assist me to know what time CELEBRITY will be offering return shuttles to FCO. I can wait until Monday, but thanks for your feedback......

I've had the same issue. I can see that my reservation exists, but can't get into manage reservation. It's probably some issue with changing years or that the wind is blowing a certain way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can only say for all your sakes, I hope it's an IT problem. Same thing happened to everyone on our roll call this past week and it turned out our cruise had been canceled due to a charter. Not that Celebrity notified us or our TAs until after we discovered our reservations missing, but TAs confirmed our cruise was chartered and all the effort and surrounding travel around the cruise compromised. The so called replacement cruises did not have the same itinerary which was one of a kind. I could have dealt with a date change, but not a "don't want to go there" itinerary change.

I can only say for all your sakes, I hope it's an IT problem. Same thing happened to everyone on our roll call this past week and it turned out our cruise had been canceled due to a charter. Not that Celebrity notified us or our TAs until after we discovered our reservations missing, but TAs confirmed our cruise was chartered and all the effort and surrounding travel around the cruise compromised. The so called replacement cruises did not have the same itinerary which was one of a kind. I could have dealt with a date change, but not a "don't want to go there" itinerary change.

Ironically, Hokie, we ended up on the cruise I am talking about (10/11/17 on the Silhouette) because Celebrity chartered the original cruise we booked originating out of Amsterdam, and this was 1 of the 2 they offered as a replacement. Wasn't a fair trade to us, as the original itinerary was fantastic, but this one fit in our schedule. Back to the original issue, Celebrity "claims" it is an IT issue, which I am reasonably certain it is since our cruise is only 10 months away. Plenty of time to take care of what I wanted to do, but their continuous IT failures are embarrassing and frustrating.

• 4 months later...

Almost 6 months after I first started this thread, and I STILL CANT get reservations to show up under my profile. My wife and I currently have 4 cruises booked with X in the form of 2 B2B's, and we they are listed in her profile but not mine. I can't even get them to add. I have had numerous "conversations" with the Captains Club representatives and they usually left the conversation hanging at "hopefully the new website will fix it"! Well, the new website is out, and I still can't get my cruises to appear on my profile. This is totally unacceptable for a company in today's technological workplace to be unable to perform a simple task such as getting my Damn Cruises to add to my profile.

Almost 6 months after I first started this thread, and I STILL CANT get reservations to show up under my profile. My wife and I currently have 4 cruises booked with X in the form of 2 B2B's, and we they are listed in her profile but not mine. I can't even get them to add. I have had numerous "conversations" with the Captains Club representatives and they usually left the conversation hanging at "hopefully the new website will fix it"! Well, the new website is out, and I still can't get my cruises to appear on my profile. This is totally unacceptable for a company in today's technological workplace to be unable to perform a simple task such as getting my Damn Cruises to add to my profile.

After not hearing anything for the past 2 months, I decided to call again today, and for the first time, someone suggested resetting my account with a new Username, etc. We'll see how that goes...

After not hearing anything for the past 2 months, I decided to call again today, and for the first time, someone suggested resetting my account with a new Username, etc. We'll see how that goes...

And the Captains Club representative who helped me, TOM, got me to the point that at least my cruises are now visible. He is 1000% more understanding of what customer service reps should be providing than any of the others I have spoken to in the past 6 months. His explanation of how to manage my reservations until their new website is 100% functional, was totally reasonable to me after not even seeing mine for a long time. All he did was created a new username for me and reset everything, and I'm now partially good to go.

Hi just used the above workaround - created a new username etc and it worked I now have my bookings showing up. However.... had to use a different email address as when completing the process system advises that email is already in use.