FYI: Definitely no Global Entry at POM this weekend

markeb

I've seen occasional posts on the boards from people who say they've used Global Entry at POM. We disembarked Reflection on Saturday and were momentarily excited to see a Global Entry sign to the far left of the immigration line exiting POM. Unfortunately, we were told it was not implemented yet (why on earth would you not cover the sign!).

We were at the far terminal, which I believe is Terminal G. No one seems to know when it will be active. But, it looks like it's coming.

Global entry is not "active" at any cruise port. In Ft Lauderdale and Miami they simply have a separate line for those with Global Entry or Nexus cards. But no kiosks: you are processed the same way as everyone else, just with a potentially shorter wait. I can only guess that on the day you disembarked the crew assigned to your terminal for some reason decided not to man that line.

Edited by fishywood

Global entry is not "active" at any cruise port. In Ft Lauderdale and Miami they simply have a separate line for those with Global Entry or Nexus cards. But no kiosks: you are processed the same way as everyone else, just with a potentially shorter wait. I can only guess that on the day you disembarked the crew assigned to your terminal for some reason decided not to man that line.

I guess that's the question, and for all I know it was open, but the Celebrity shore guy said no. I was aware they weren't using kiosks, and frankly the way they process you is faster than it would be with a kiosk. Just odd the sign was up and you couldn't use the line.

And, we were told "coming soon", not "here and not open".

I guess that's the question, and for all I know it was open, but the Celebrity shore guy said no. I was aware they weren't using kiosks, and frankly the way they process you is faster than it would be with a kiosk. Just odd the sign was up and you couldn't use the line.

And, we were told "coming soon", not "here and not open".

Did you have your cards?

I believe it is just a skip the line (or shorter line), but you have to show your card.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have any new intel on this? We have a rather tight flight connection after our docking in Miami on April 2, and being able to use the Global Entry/Nexus line would help a lot. We've used it a number of times at Port Everglades, but it's my understanding that it's coming to Miami, just not quite yet implemented. Any word on when it will be available?

Thanks...