Coco Cay: Ocean View Deluxe Cabana vs Beach Bungalow

Please help us decide between an Ocean View Deluxe Cabana (Island Oasis Cabana Club) or a Beach Bungalow (South Beach.)

From the Cabana Club, which beach would you recommend that is not rocky and has shallow water (gradually gets deeper)? How long is the walk to it?

What food is included with the deluxe lunch buffet?

For this cruise, the price difference is $67 on Cruise Planner ($216 vs $149.)

Thank you!

Depending on where you are in the cabana area, the beach is maybe a 2-3 minute walk.

The lunch buffet has everything the regular buffet has, with the addition of skewers of grilled shrimp, steak, chicken. One time they also had some minute steaks.

wow cabanas are only 200 bucks. RCI is a steal compared to NCL at 500. cant wait until this and the bed show up in my planner
On our planner, Beds are $125, and Bungalows are $149. If I remember correctly, they both were $50 more several months ago. Guess they were not selling fast enough.

I bought a bungalow for our April 9th sailing on Anthem @ $195.00 back in September and then it went down to $176.00 a couple weeks ago.

I just went to check again to see if the price went down (it didn't) and it looks like I can get a "cabana" for $216.00, aren't the cabanas in The Island Oasis Cabana Club for suites only?

Here is the description:

Escape to the intimate hideaway at The Island Oasis Cabana Club. Soak up the style and tranquility of this chic tropical paradise nestled in CocoCay from your very own private ocean view cabana. Your ocean view cabana is furnished with 2 luxurious resort-style lounge chairs , a sofa, and amenities that include a deluxe lunch buffet, 2 floating beach mats, 4 bottles of water, towels and 2 sets of snorkeling equipment.

... aren't the cabanas in The Island Oasis Cabana Club for suites only?... .

Used to be that the suite guests had first crack at the cabanas, but this was when they were only offered onboard.

• 1 month later...

We have enjoyed both areas but there are pros and cons to each. If you want a more private area with a great view of the ship and convenient buffet with a bit better food then Island Oasis is for you. If you want a more lively area with direct access to the beach and quick walk to the floating bar but with limited food delivery, then the Beach Bungalow is for you.

We have enjoyed both areas but there are pros and cons to each. If you want a more private area with a great view of the ship and convenient buffet with a bit better food then Island Oasis is for you. If you want a more lively area with direct access to the beach and quick walk to the floating bar but with limited food delivery, then the Beach Bungalow is for you.

This is pretty much right. I'll just add that we had a bungalow on south beach 2 weeks ago. The day before our arrival in Coco Cay, food services tried to reach us during the day but were unable to,so during our Wonderland dinner in the evening, a gentleman came to sit with us for a few minutes so that we could pre-select our food for delivery to our Bungalow the next day. Choices included, Burgers, fish tacos and chicken tacos, Greek Salad, Shrimp Ceviché, others I can't remember. Deserts were cookies and rum cake. There was lots, we did not eat it all.

My DW and MIL were already there when I arrived with my DD and DS at arount 11:30. We had done the Scuba Excursion. Food had been delivered just before we got there. DS was played out so we moved one of the loungers to the back of the Bungalow as it was shaddy back there, so he could have a snooze out of the sun. The bar was near by. Area was beautiful and fairely quiet. Tide was low and it looked like you could walk half a mile out and only have water up to your knees.

My DW and MIL had parasailing so they took the shuttle cart back to the main area. The shuttle came by about every 15 minutes. My DD and I decided to walk out to the main area by walking around the beach area in the water and that took about 20 minutes to reach main area. Met some friends and hung out for an hour. Then I walked back by following the road/path up higher from the beach area, not quite cutting across but more like an inside lane, and it took me less than 10 minutes to walk back. By 3 o clock, the bar staff were already starting to pack up, so I grabbed a few beer and spent the rest of the time relaxing until we left at 4.

dp

Thanks for the update we are renting a cabana so wanted to know about how that all worked. Sounds like a fun day.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Our day at Coco Cay was definitely one of the highlights of our cruise. We were lucky because the weather was spectacular the day we were there. It is sad that because of the tendering process that it is a frequent occurrence that ships have to skip their planned day at CocoCay. I'm not one to spend a week in an AI Resort getting tanned and drinking rum all day. I would get edgy after a few days, but 1 or 2 days of a 7 day cruise doing a CocoCay type thing... Yup.

dp