Carnival camp for kids

johndmfh

Hi everyone

I am traveling on the carnival magic on April 15 I have a 13-year-old and 11 that will be 12 in three weeks after the cruise, is it possible to get them both in the same camp and who I contact to do that. Thank you

On rare occasion, I have heard people report that they were able to switch things up with the age difference so that kids can be in the same camp. But I wouldn't count on any luck with a Spring Break cruise. There will be a ton of kids onboard, and they usually allow exceptions on cruises with less kids. You can ask, but don't be upset if you're told no.

The kids wind up doing very well in their own age group after all most of the time.

In 2015 we sailed the Triump and they would not allow my kids to be in the same group. They are 3 years apart. My 11 year old didn't really enjoy the kids camp as he thought most of the activities were geared toward younger kids and he ended up staying with us a majority of the time.

Yes, they will allow it. I know someone always shares the Carnival policy link, but nothing is set in stone. We've been on 3 cruises in a year and every one was different. On the first one, there was an 11 year old sibling for a Circle C kid. There weren't a lot of kids on that cruise (mid-November), so they allowed the 11 year old sibling to join the older one. No problems at all, in fact my son hung out with both of them a lot (he was 12 at the time). Our summer cruise to Alaska was much more crowded with kids and they didn't seem to have any issues. Although again, they were still able to make an exception for a 14 year old kid, who had a bunch of friends in the Club O2 group, and they moved him up on like the 2nd or 3rd day. The last cruise we went on, I'm not sure that it came up, my son didn't say anything this time. But again, being mid-November, the amount of kids was much less.

My advice, go there on the first night, to the Circle C, and talk to the counselors. Let them meet your kids and talk to them, see what they say. It will never hurt to ask!