booking while on board?

tlc64

My wife and I usually wait until we're on a cruise and then try to find a suitable one and book it while on a cruise. Well, apparently those days are over. We invited DW's Mother and 2 sister in laws to go with us on our upcoming cruise. 2 of them received OBC, and so did we. For our next cruise, my wife and I already searched and booked another cruise, and of course, we can't invite anyone else to go with us so Carnival loses on that end. Sorry Carnival burns it's bridges.

It's really not worth the hassle or effort to book onboard anymore. You stand in line for too long and unless you already know what cruise and cabin you want to book you are usually just given a time to come back and waste more time.

You actually don't have to do it onboard anymore. There will be one offer that is good for 2 weeks after your cruise and one for 6 weeks. At least that's the way it was for me. I posted it in another thread. It was the same as what is offered onboard. They are pretty much doing away with the Future Cruise Desks.

You actually don't have to do it onboard anymore. There will be one offer that is good for 2 weeks after your cruise and one for 6 weeks. At least that's the way it was for me. I posted it in another thread. It was the same as what is offered onboard. They are pretty much doing away with the Future Cruise Desks.

Speaking with the FCD gal on the Miracle. She was saying once she's gone the desk will no longer exist. After she's gone you'll book at Shore Excursions or Guest Services. IMO the only reason to book onboard would be to book the next cruise, making your current cruise into a B2B.

The new program is only for booking Early Saver fares. Can only keep the $50 booking incentive if matching to an ES rate. Makes me wonder how long the ES fare will be available for any particular sailing.

Although I don't have nearly as much experience as many of you, I can say that those presentations are a joke. We have been to one where the presenter was semi engaged. The others are strictly reading through the script at an incredible rate of speed.

It wouldn't surprise me that they will do away with the desk itself. It is almost never manned. I'm sure that the future cruise person has other roles on board. I doubt they would be on the payroll to sit around for 90% of the cruise and not do anything.

With the reduced credit for booking while on board and folks using the online service to book more and more, it just makes sense.