TransAtlantic crossing log..

Host Dan

Hi All!

Here we are on the Seabourn Legend!. I know that most of you know that most of you have been interested in Trans Atlantic crossings so I thought I would post a travel log.

Embarkation: Very smooth as it always is on Seabourn. We were alowed to board early. Champagne and canapes were waiting for all guests as they were escoreted to the King Olafs Lounge. Only a half hour later we were escoreted to our suties. We were then greated by our stewertess with champagne and a selection of soaps. The sail away was delayed due to 3 passagners that didn't have their luggage. We finally saileed away and it was great as usual. We cleaned up and arrived at the club around 7pm. Saw many faces we knew and it was like old home week. Coming on board is so great on Seaborn due to the fact that so many of the crew knew us. What a wonderful feeling. It is like your coming home.

We will let you know later what is going on.

Host Dan;)

Dan

Gee you missed all of the excitement on the boards the last few days -- isn't it nice to know you were missed?

Is this something new that Seabourn has started, greetings by a "stewertess" ? Does that mean she was dressed in a tartan kilt and did a jig as you selected your soaps?;)

And your comment about ''feels like coming home" is so true. Everytime we board my husband makes the same comment.

Have a wonderful and safe voyage.

Hi Dan,

So nice to hear that you are back home on the Legend! (thanks for your email, too).

Big Question: is there going to be a photography contest???????:D

Hugs to everyone: C & W, Kit, Eric, K & B, S & P, you and your S.O., our favorite Captain, and the entire gang! And if you would PLEASE try to leave some champagne onboard for those of us who will be sailing the Legend next month, we would be most appreciative.

Looking forward to more of your musings from the skybar....;)

Smooth sailings,

Denyse

I would love to see a photo competition! Had some great pics from Norm, so maybe now Dan can keep us entertained for a while? As I am a bit of a shutter bug, would love some "online" lessons from the experts in here, on HOW to post the pics in here...(so I know it all by the time my cruise comes along!) I gather the pics have to be resized to quite a small size.....but havent yet worked out how to get them in here....

(Just trying a code thingy here....hope it works):confused:

event.png

I am sorry that I have not as yet met any of those scheduled to board in Tenerife. Perhaps Host Dan will introduce himself soon. Harry was waiting with me; he was looking forward to meeting the others too. And, me sitting all afternoon at the SkyBar with my Phillies hat as I promised.

Hey all!! Trivia begins today (blood sport for bookmarks):rolleyes: and it should be very interesting! The Dr's are on our team, so between all of us "know it alls" it will be an easy win!:D

The weather is a bit cool today, very unlike past crossings. I hope it warms up (Im sure).

CruisinMatt, we embarked in Tenerife. Sorry for not adding that fun fact!

Flight was long. We flew business on Delta, and were upgraded to Business on Spanair (if there is such a thing!)

Denyse, Not sure if there will be a photo contest this crossing, but S & P swear they WONT participate!

Martita, we met Mary, D and J the very first moments at the skybar!! Your name came up immediately!:D

JaneBP, didnt know we had a "meeting" arranged at the Skybar. Im wearing my white Cruisecritic tshirt today! Intoduce!

Wripro, I havent met shelagh and larry yet. I hope I meet them soon!

Archipelago, the infamous "club" is the lounge where everyone meets and drinks before and after dinner.. Its the place to see and be seen! :eek:

Sea-hawk and GrannyLorr, thanks for the good wishes!!

Its still morning, so not much more to report. I'll be posting again later, so "look out"!!

Bye for now..:o

Host Dan

Dan "the man", thank you sooooo much for taking your precious time to report back to us. We appreciate your news so much!

Everybody on the beautiful white Legend Castle will look spiffy this evening.....in their formal wear. My, my, you men do look SO handsome in your tuxedo's! And the ladies in their long gowns........

Quote: "and your name came up immediately......." Well I certainly hope my good sailing buddies, M., D. and J. didn't tell you everything they KNOW about me! hahaha They are barrel's of fun and you will enjoy them immensely! Miss M. loves the Sky Bar......I mailed her a special Tee to wear depicting who she is.....it reads on the front: KISS ME I'M THE DECK OFFICER Sooooo GO kiss her!

With Dr. S. & P. on your Trivia team, you're bound to win 1st! They know all the answers! (tell them I send them a Texas hug)

Have fun and thank you again for your daily reviews!

Martita B.

Another day in paradise! We spent the day socializing with fellow passengers, especially our new CC friends! (Jane BP, Shefinch, DP etc)

Daneite and her husband are cruising "sans luggage". It seems like the airline lost it. They are fending very well I must say! It helps to have a great attitude!

I enjoyed chatting about how last nights show, featuring Eric DeGray, was so good. We are in for a treat this crossing. He, Michelle and Bonnie are quite a talented ensemble!

We arrived at trivia with our whole team in navy blue "Seabourn Legends Comeback Cruisers" t-shirts! We did turn a few heads to say the least! One passenger commented that we were a little intimidating!:D We came in second, but not to worry, only by a mere 50 points!!

As some were playing in the putting contest, others were at a fabulous wine tasting. :rolleyes:

Sabin Robbins lectured on "How Columbus conquered the impossible- discovered America and found the garden of Eden". :eek:

The weather was a bit cool, and the water was a bit choppy. This is a first on a November crossing. I am confident that the waters will calm down and the temprature will warm up!

Tonight is the Captains Gala cocktail reception. I am in my tuxedo as I post!! You never want to miss an opportunity to experience Captain Geir-Arne Thue-Nilsen wit and charm!:o

I'll be sure to post tomorrow, how the Gala dinner is tonight!

I had the opportunity to speak with the charming Chief Purser, Stijn Creupelandt, this evening. Originally from Brugge, Belgium, Stijn has been with the Seabourn Family for the past four years. Prior to joining Seabourn he was a full time student and owned his own Bar in his home town. When not at his post, Stijn enjoys traveling, movies and socializing.

This young man is very professional and charming and will go very far. I asked him about what happens with Shipboard Credits that are not used. He honestly said that is very rare. If passengers do have shipboard credits left over they may and do on many occassions donate it to the Crew Welfare Fund. I thought that was a great idea.

He also mentioned a funny story relating to a woman passenger who asked him one day, " How do I know which photo is mine". This was back when Seabourn had a photo department.:D His last comment was "Please tell all of my Seabourn friends hello"! If you want to say "hi" back, please post, and I'll let him know!!

Off to the Club, for a pre-Captian's gala cocktail. I'll post again tomorrow!

Host Dan

Dan......happy to hear of Thursday's events! I know tonight's formal evening will be fun! All "Welcoming/Farewell" receptions and dinners are delightful on Seabourn! My good friend, Miss M. will be seated at Captain Thue-Nilsen's table tonight for dinner.

And Mr. Broadway, "Eric".......what can we say, but "he's the best!" And Michelle is so cute! And talented. A super entertainment team.

I know Purser Stijn. Isn't he soon to move to the Pride? And Miss Mette, to the Legend? Please say "Hello" to him.

I can imagine the looks when your Trivia team walked in with the custom Tee's on......will you be having a "costume" Trivia game the last day? Oh, the "garbs" that some teams don!

Continue to have fun, fun and more fun!

Thank you for posting with your news!

Martita B.

Dan,

Sounds like you and the gang are having a wonderful time! I'm so sorry to hear that Kathryn and Brian's luggage never made it to the ship, and I do hope it is there waiting for them in FLL. I seem to recall the same thing happened to one unlucky gentleman on the Eastern crossing.

Hugs and best wishes to the comeback cruisers!

Denyse

Denyse

Hi from the Legend - the cruise is fabulous as usual - and the Captain is his usual charming self. We are really missing you and hope we never have to cross the ocean on this ship again without you. Host Dan is keeping us in line - no one has misbehaved too much, yet!!

CeeJay

Ceejay, so happy to hear from you! Thank you for posting!

Can you think of anything Denyse and I can do here to assist in helping Kathryn with her wardrobe? I have several friends on board that I could e-mail and alert as to their lost luggage.......what a disappointment! Please tell Kathryn that Denyse and I are are simply awaiting word from her. (she always has such a marvelous attitude!)

Have a continued wonderful Atlantic Crossing......and pleeeeze post often!

Martita B.

A quick post! Last nights dinner was Fabulous!! Lobster and Prime rib! A little "incident" regarding the Club. Wont mention now... Maybe later..

Looking forward to this mornings lecture on UFO's! :D

Host Dan

I seem to recall the same thing happened to one unlucky gentleman on the Eastern crossing.

It was the quest Lecturer from England. I think his bags were waiting for him in Funchal. That was also why we had a late departure in St Thomas.

I feel for Kathryn and Brian - that's one of my worst nightmares, to be cruising without my luggage. :o I almost didn't get one of my bags the last time and I was a nervous wreck. :rolleyes:

Hi All!

I had the wonderful opportunity to speak with the Hotel Manager, Joerg Grossman. He hails from a village on the German and French border called Durmersheim. He even mentioned that it is so small that you wouldn't be able to find it on a map!:D He recently joined the Legand after 7 years on the Spirt. I asked him why there are no American crew members on board. He said that he has never been on a ship with any American crew.:rolleyes: He said that when he is off duty he goes to the United States for more schooling and training. He did say that the United States has the best training for him. He informed me that the Legand is going into Dry Dock on January 3-17. He was not clear as to what all they were going to be doing to the ship. He said that the Captain will have those answers. So I will let you know in the coming days after I interview the Captain. Mr. Grossman was such a pleasure to speak with. Its so nice to know that you can always speak with the officers and staff, and they are so happy to oblige!:o

The nice thing about the crossing and sea days, is that it is TOTAL relaxation! Had a bit of sun, played trivia (last place..but we are "The Comeback Cruisers", so we have to "come back" from behind!):D I did, however, go to the lecture today "The search for extra-terrestrial intelligence" with Dr. John Billingham. Hopefully it will get a bit more "lively" in the days to come, as I was able to take an early nap today.. :eek:

Tonight, escargot and lamb chops for dinner.. Yum!

The hot Broccolli soup and lemon sole was to die for today at lunch! Seabourn has the knack for creating the best soups at sea! (and not too salty!)

Well folks, off to the Club for another evening of fun and frolicking with my Seabourn friends and "family"!

Till then,

Host Dan

PS Wripro, I conveyed your good wishes to Shelagh and Larry!

Dan~~~The Pride will be setting sail for Fort Lauderdale tomorrow (Sat.) after being in drydock in the Freeport Shipyard. Of course we are all anticipating and looking forward to seeing the "gal" looking beautiful!! I know for the Officer's and Crew this has been quite an undertaking and feat.

Enjoyed your travel log today, as always. Thank you!

Continued smooth and safe seas.

Martita B.

Archived