Harmony of the Seas or Carnival Vista

Trying to decide between Vista and Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas. Price is the same for balcony room. We’ve only sailed Carnival and Norwegian. Kids didn’t like kids club on Norwegian Escape.

Pros and Cons of each?

Things that matter to us:

- cleanliness

- good kids program with flexible hours of operation during the day

- food

- amount of things that are free/included

- layout of ship is easy to learn

- clean food areas

- fun things for parents (game shows, newlywed games, etc...)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would think Harmony hands down. Although I do find the food on Carnival just as good, if not better then RC, the rest isn't even close IMO.

I find the Oasis class ships very well laid out and the pool areas are great and not crowded. The Carnival ships I have been on felt very crowded.

I also found the Carnival cruises geared a bit more towards the drinking crowd.

Kids loved the Oasis kids club, can't comment on kids club on Carnival.

Just my $0.02

Well, I can tell you this. I’ve sailed on Carnival several times, NCL twice and Princess. I’ve been on their newer class/largest ships. I’ve never had a bad cruise.

That being said, last year we sailed on Oasis for our first RC cruise. How’d we like it, you ask?

Well, in a few weeks we will be onboard Allure. And already have plans for Harmony next year!

I love the neighborhood concept on these ships. They really spread out the crowds. There are plenty of fun things for the adults. The kids program is highly rated, with DreamWorks experience etc— although the kids in my family didn’t actually go last year so I can’t share first hand experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have sailed both. Can't tell you about the kids program as I have no experience. For food I think there are more free places on Vista however the marketplace has a limited selection. I was on an 8 day on Vista and never did find my way around. Harmony was much easier to find my way. Also Vista feels much more closed in. There are no big open areas. I enjoyed Vista but I will be glad to be on Symphony next November.

Things that matter to us:

- cleanliness

- good kids program with flexible hours of operation during the day

- food

- amount of things that are free/included

- layout of ship is easy to learn

- clean food areas

- fun things for parents (game shows, newlywed games, etc...)

I think the Vista might beat Harmony in those areas I bolded above. Especially in free/included food options, and especially at lunch.

Vista has, for free during lunch:

Guy's Burger Joint, Guys Pig & Anchor BBQ, Blue Iguana Cantina, Jiji's Asian Kitchen (free Mongolian stir-fry at lunch), Cucina del Capitano (free pasta bar at lunch), Pizzeria del Capitano, the Lido buffet, the Taste Bar and Swirls.

I gotta say, the Cucina and Jiji's were great lunch choices -- the buffet was crowded during embark and we just walked upstairs and had great food for free, and there was never a large crowd.

Thanks, everyone! We are now booked on the Harmony!! I have so much to learn in 2 short months. [emoji4]

We have been on both and vastly prefer Harmony. One thing to be aware of is there are interior and exterior balcony cabins many time the advertised balcony price is for an interior Boardwalk or Central Park view. A friend of mine inadvertently booked an interior balcony and got a surprise when he boarded and discovered his mistake.

We have sailed both and harmony definitely wins. Although carnival has so many other food choices that do not compare to royal. Like both ships but carnival is always more crowded