Transfers from Seattle to Van BC

RenieRaider

If I fly into Seattle how fwr to pier in Vancouver? How much for transfers on your own?
Thnaks.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;10;28;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img] Until The Jewel of the Seas.

Transfer prices vary by cruiseline.

We took Princess's bus from Seattle to Vancouver two years ago, since we didn't want to take any risks in terms of missing the ship, but heading back south we rented a car, which gave us the flexibility of doing some siteseeing. We also had an evening flight home, so the cruise bus would have gotten us to the airport WAY too early

One of the best ways to get from Seattle Airport to Vancouver and IMHO one of the most convenient is the [url="http://www.quickcoach.com/"]Quick Shuttle[/url]. It goes at various times throughout the day. We have flown in a day early (always the best option), stayed at an inexpensive place near Sea-Tac and caught the early a.m. bus to Vancouver.

Host Caroline
<font SIZE="1">[B]Join me on the beautiful Diamond Princess in July 2005 for Cruise Critic's Awesome Alaskan Adventure --You'll have a whale of a good time![/B] [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Sept 04-Royal Hounds Mariner of the Seas
Feb 05-Partae Pirates Carnival Miracle
One can [I]never[/I] have too many days at sea..</font>

Just returned from Serenade of the Seas RT Vancouver. Flew into Seattle on Friday. Rented minivan from Avis for $129.02USD (total including all taxes) for one day.

Picked up minivan at 11:00am. Driving time to Vancouver was approx 4 hours. Stopped in town north of Seattle for lunch. Arrived at Hyatt Regency downtown Vancouver at 4:00pm. Toured Vancouver that evening and had dinner near Canada Place. Next morning walked to Gas Town. Drove to Ballantyne at 11:00 and dropped off DW, SIL and BIL. Got gas at Chevron near terminal at Hastings and Clark for $27.00CAN. Returned van to Avis on Hornby. Got Avis shuttle back to Ballantyne and boarded ship.

Since there were 4 of us cost per person was less than $40USD.

Quick Shuttle price from SEA to Hyatt would have been $41 per person. Then we would still have to take cab to ship. If you are going directly to Ballantyne from SEA then you would only pay $41 per person.

After cruise I took RCI transfer from Ballantyne to SEA. Cost was $50 per person.

We rented a car through Avis 3 years ago. We had our passports ready but all they did at the line was ask why we were coming to Canada-asked for no ID at all. The same happened when I went to Niagara Falls about 12 years ago but when returning to the US they did want ID and the customs guy was pretty hateful too. AS I have a STRONG southern accent I could not understand WHY he was so suspious of me. Now since Sept. 11 I am glad they are that way-too bad they aren't even tougher-if they had been possibly Sept.11 would not have happened.

Anyway as long as you have a birth certificate and driver's license or better yet a passport you should be okay. Just be extra nice and polite to the customs people-if they think you a being a smartelic they will give you a hard time.

Carnival Tropicale 10/15/98 Western Caribbean
RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 11/22/99 Bahamas
Carnival Fascination 09/23/00 Southern caribbean
HAL Statendam 05/20/01 Alaska
RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 11/08/01 Bahamas
Pacific Princess 09/29/02 Bermuda
Carnival Inspiration 12/14/03 Western caribbean
Carnival Miracle 04/09/04 Bahamas

Archived