Billy Highgate, Cruise Director

tedjazz

Billy was spending a lot of time in the home office - but not sure if that is still true.

His wife, whose name I forget, was (is) a choreographer for the Princess production shows.

Billy was our CD way back 5-89, on Sea Princess (originally Kungsholm, later Victoria, now Mona Lisa), Osaka/Honolulu/Vancouver.

We thought Billy one of the better CDs., but I know he leaves some people cold!

Last we knew Billy went to the Diamond Princess awhile back. Does anyone know where he is these days?

I believe he was our CD on the Dawn Princess last Apr. Here is a pic I took of him. so you can confirm it was him... :)

DSC03796.JPG.e08f81691e2a307fce00f9e5eb995a53.JPG

• 3 months later...
I believe he was our CD on the Dawn Princess last Apr. Here is a pic I took of him. so you can confirm it was him... :)

You got the first name right... I was on the Dawn right before you... His name is Billy London - an excellent CD if I do say so myself. Who was the DJ on your sailing, if I might ask?

-Jac

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I worked with Billy London at Riviere Sands Holiday Centre in Hayle, Cornwall, in 1991. He was a top bloke, and took me under his wing when I was a completely wet-behind-the-ears young lad of 19, to show me the ropes of the entertainment business.

He took no BS from anyone, but was also the fairest bloke I've ever worked for.

• 2 months later...

He was the CD on Golden Princess in May 08. Only the really good and really bad CDs stand out in my mind. He is on the really bad list. I found him very annoying. He was a bit too in love with himself for me. To each his own I guess.

• 5 months later...

Hi Druke1 aka Michael............We were on the Sea Princess at the same time and thought that Billy Hygate was the best CD and still talk about him 33 cruises later as a teriffic CD and the best we have ever had on a cruise. We have been on a number of Princess cruises since then but never had the fortune of having him as a CD. Did you do the pre-cruise on the Sea Princess from Tokyo to Osaka too?

Carol

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived