What time does Princess allow you to board ship?

lawgirl

We are first time Princess cruisers on Caribbean Princess 11/20/04 from Fort Lauderdale. When should we arrive at the pier? What is the earliest that you can board the ship? With RCI and Celebrity, we've been able to board between 10:30 and 11 am and they had lunch and the bars/pool areas open. (As I recall, you couldn't swim, but could sit by the pool). I'm hoping Princess is the same. Thanks!

Summit, November 2002

Brilliance, March 2003

Serenade, August 2003

hi lawgirl we sailed the golder princess last feb. we got to the ship about 10:30 and stood around for about an hour, i like getting on first so i can take every advantage to the fun and we where the first two on the ship

chris

Dawn princess 2/01

Nordic Empress 12/02

Golden Princess 2/04

Caribbean princess 10/04

Carnaval Elation 1/05

chris and debbie

It varies depending on your departure port.

I'm not sure what it is for Fort Lauderdale. Someone else might know. I think it depends on what time the ship leaves.

For our next cruise out of Vancouver it is 12:00. We are scheduled to leave at 5:30.

Have a nice cruise. icon_smile.gif

CaribbeanCrazy

tn_14.gif

In Chris's ("CruisingIsLife") recent Golden review, he mentioned getting to the port at 10:30 and having to wait for an hour, mostly as regional buses had dropped off a couple hundred locals / semi-locals prior to his arrival. He indicated the line started moving at 11:30 and from then it was quick boarding -- so 11:15 - 11:30 might be a wise arrival target. Anyone else have any thoughts?

B.

Ship_at_island.gif

(With apologies to Jimmy Buffett)

"We're gypsies in the palace, at sea, away from home

The Order Of The Sleepless Knights will now assume the throne!

Come sail the Caribbean, there ain't no wrong or right

We're gypsies in the palace and we're raisin' hell tonight!"

Carnival Triumph, April '02

Carnival Sensation, January '04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;4;10;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

(Golden Princess, 4/10/04 - "Grown People Acting Like Children!")

4/10/04 Golden Princess Rogue's gallery: http://community.webshots.com/album/126040133QEaDiP

Cruise pix at: http://community.webshots.com/user/mageesworld

e-mail: bobandkarenny@yahoo.com

Both the above are correct.

When we cruise Princess again in June we will probably go about 11:30 because they do a great job of moving things right along.

On Carnival, for example, we would go to the port as early as we needed to be one of the first in line. The first group gets through pretty quickly but when the herd shows up things really get bogged down.

On Embarkation for our Golden cruise last month, even though we were early we were part of the herd. From the time they opened the doors till we got on board could not have been more than 20 minutes I bet.

I'd say go as early as you want to but they're not going to open the doors till 11:30am then things move along quickly.

I say all that but I bet I end up going to the port about 10am anyway because I am still just like a kid on Christmas Eve before a cruise and can't wait to get onboard.

Oddly, to me, the hour and a half extra wait time outside is worth the extra 20 minutes on the ship.

Happy Cruising

Chris

www.LifeIsCruising.com

Next up:

Caribbean Princess 06/04

Star Princess 10/04

Carnival Spirit 12/04

• 4 months later...

We always get to the ports at about 10:15 - 10:30 and out of 8 cruises, 7 we got right through. Princess has never been a problem. See you Thanksgiving on the Carib. Princess.

Michele

does it matter how you arrive? I know last time we took the Princess bus from the airport and thought it would be an advantage but it didn't seem to be...this time we were going to take the hotel shuttle...would love to avoid the herd as, like Chris...I just can't wait to get there to wait to be early on the ship! :D

We either take a bus from the hotel or a taxi from the airport....either way we are usually the first ones there. Last cruise I was going to beat someone there from cruisecritic and they were first in line! :( But....they let us in! :) There's nothing like being one of the first ones on the ship. But then again...I'm always early to everything.

We are sailing on Sapphire Princess on Sept 12 from Seattle, but no one else wants to admit that, except uyonnkd.

Could we lurk on your thread? Also, I have not looked for possible (early?) boarding time in Seattle. Do any of you have an idea of a good light time to board? I hope it is easier than fighting the traffic to the pier in San Francisco!!!

Archived