Wish List

Jim Avery

Some might think that SeaDream itineraries are being repeated too often. For fun, what are some dream itineraries you would like to do on SeaDream? For starters, I thought about the West Coast of the US. Easy to get to and SD would be great for wine country, San Fran Bay and points south. Also, how about the Gulf of California/Sea of Cortez? Where would you take SD1 or2 if you could choose?

Jim.

Great thread Jim!

I'd love a South Pacific cruise ... Tahiti, Marquesas, Cook Island.

An East Coast cruise, say out of Boston or NY or Philadelphia to Key West would be interesting ... stops along the way in Baltimore, Charleston, Amelia Island ... could even be themed as an American history cruise.

I would like to have SeaDream start or finish a cruise in Charleston or Savannah and from the islands.

That would be a wonderful April cruise!

I would also like to travel European Rivers on a SeaDream, or the Fjords of Norway.

The best of all worlds would be a two week cruise from Copenhagen up the coast of Norway to the land of the midnight sun on Sea Dream 2 with Captain T at the helm...

Knowing Capt. T we would lead us on a tour of his homeland and home city:D

Excellent ideas all around. Imagine the possibilities!

I love the idea of a British Isles cruise but first thought was that SD is too outdoor oriented for cooler climes but have figured that some canvas enclosures and patio heaters would handle all but the worst weather. Also, the UK can be quite pleasant in the Spring and Summer. Maybe the Champagne and Caviar Splash would have to be changed to the Champagne and Caviar Bash at the Top of the Yacht but the thought of a day and evening in London with SD 1 or 2 to come home to is, to my way of thinking, a real plan.

Also think the Charleston/Savannah plan is great. How about there to Bermuda?

Jim.

I'm with Jim. Would love Charleston or Savannah to Bermuda. I like the idea of the Sea of Cortez too. That would entail a canal transit which would be nice too. We did a golf trip around Scotland and Ireland on the Sea Cloud 2. It was wonderful. It's fun to dream, eh?

I have an old brochure from the Sea Goddess days -- the two ships went EVERYWHERE -- the Orient, Alaska, Europe, etc. I wish SD went everywhere I want to cruise (except maybe Anarctica!). But, as Christophe was saying on our recent cruise, the yachts are really warm weather ships. However, I would love to see a Panama Canal transit, then up the Mexican Riveria to Cabo. I wonder if they could do that area without the problems they experienced the last time they tried Mexican waters? Would also love to see a cruise around New England and through the St. Laurence to Quebec and like everyone else's suggestions as well!

I will say they seem to do a pretty good job of mixing up the Caribbean islands -- We've gotten at least 2 or 3 new islands on each of our three cruises -- and will do some different ones next year as well. Eventually, we'll run out of islands!

Vandrefalk

Why stop at Quebec? Travel on to Toronto, Niagara Falls and even Detroit. The trip through the locks is wonderful, I did it a few years ago.

Right now, I'm tired of all the snow we are getting in CO, the skiing has been great, but not the shoveling!

August in the Med seems too far off. I'm looking forward to ctbjr's report of Brazil, and checking the availability with my schedules. Like the rest, the Caribean is great but; Been there, done that!

I think the South Pacific would be great.

Archived