Secret Stairway? - Aft Balcony - Legend

BGinGA

I have read on here a few times that there is a "secret" stairway in the back of the ship that is convenient if you want to quickly get to the Windjammer. We are leaving on the Legend on Saturday and have an aft balcony on deck 7. Anyone know where I can find this stairway? Any other tips for this ship if you have been on it or her sisters?

TIA!

Bridgett

I am not aware of any ship that has "secret" stairways or passageways. Why would they?

If crew memebers only is what you mean by secret then yes.

It is pretty clear cut onboard, if stairways and passageways are intended for use by passengers you will know. If they are intended for crew use only it is marked as such.

Building a ship with secret passageways and stairways for passengers to entertain themselves all week sounds exciting, but not cost effective.

If you look at the deck plan for Legend on RCI website for deck 8 you will see there is the staircase marked next door to 8071/8571. This goes straight up to the Solarium area on deck 9 [where strangely the staircase is not marked on the deck plans!] Very handy for getting upstairs to the pool area from our JS Aft on 8 in May!!!!

I am not aware of any ship that has "secret" stairways or passageways. Why would they?

QUOTE]

Thank you for reminding me why I so rarely post questions on here.

Thanks to the others that were helpful!!!

QUOTE]

Thank you for reminding me why I so rarely post questions on here.

Thanks to the others that were helpful!!!

They are marked "employees only" and passengers are not supposed to use them.;)

If there was an emergency and the crew needed to get somewhere fast, you could be blocking their route.

This is what other passengers have been told as to why they should not use them.;)

If crew memebers only is what you mean by secret then yes.

It is pretty clear cut onboard' date=' if stairways and passageways are intended for use by passengers you will know. If they are intended for crew use only it is marked as such.

Building a ship with secret passageways and stairways for passengers to entertain themselves all week sounds exciting, but not cost effective.[/quote']

Ron, there are two Visionn class ships that have "not well known" stairwells in the aft area of the ships. Legend and Spleandor of the Seas have stairwells that go from deck 8 to deck 9 right inside the reception area of the spa. Very useful for aft passengers and have been referred to as "secret stairways" for quite some time. They are not marked for crew and are open anytime the spa is. I've personally used this stairway many many times on the Spleandor of the Seas.

I was on Legend on the 2/10 sailing, cabin 7632. There are doors at each end of the short hallway, but they are marked "emergency exit only" or some such. Looked to be alarmed, so I didn't try them out.

From the other posts, sounds like folks on Deck 8 are the lucky ones.

Archived