who knows jacksonville?

Rowtyd

Which of these hotels are the more convenient to easy downtown access, restaurants nearby, nice area of town, etc.? Not cruising this trip :( . I have reservations at all 3, but need to narrow down my choices. Which would you choose and why?

LaQuinta - Butler Blvd

LaQuinta - Baymeadows

Hi,:) The Baymeadows or Butler Blvd are my suggestion.

Both are near 95......and both are near restaurants.

Actually, I live about 5 minutes from both! I haven't been

over to Regency in forever.

Stick to Baymeadows/Butler:D

I live just to the south of Jax in Orange Park, and I agree -- avoid Regency area. I haven't been there in ages either, but it seems to be a higher crime area. If I was forced to choose, I think I'd go with Butler Blvd because it is less-congested (maybe).

Jax is very spread out, the city and county are incorporated, so it is all Jax city limits. Very misleading to newcomers. When driving, you enter the city limits miles out from anything.

I live close to the Regency area and I would say stay on Butler or Baymeadows. It would be hard to get from the Hampton Inn to downtown and the other two places are a short drive up I-95.

I don't think the crime rate is that much worse in the Regency area. It may seem that way, but it's not........(I have an inside scoop on that..lol)

Jessee

I also now live in Jacksonville, I would go with the Butler Blvd location, it's right off the highway, casual dining across the street ( fast food, Appleby's type ), and you are not that far from the avenues mall, or downtown. Just a tip though... traffic on the I95 gets quite backed up at that exit during certain times of the day ( morning/afternoon rush hour )

I also now live in Jacksonville, I would go with the Butler Blvd location, it's right off the highway, casual dining across the street ( fast food, Appleby's type ), and you are not that far from the avenues mall, or downtown. Just a tip though... traffic on the I95 gets quite backed up at that exit during certain times of the day ( morning/afternoon rush hour )

If you choose the Butler Blvd location - I would suggest the following route to the port - take Butler east to 9A , go north on 9A, over the giant bridge, and you are there.

As the above poster says - I-95 through downtown, is always bad, and can be backed up and - or life threatening, depending on time of the day and anger level of truck drivers passing through.

I have lived here since 1965:eek: ;) Baymeadows has plenty

of restaurants too and the Avenues Mall is nearby. Then

again most things aren't more than 20 minutes away.

St Johns Towne Center is 10 minutes away from either location.

Love that place:D

Butler or Baymeadows...either location is good.

It seems I remember someone giving me advice on staying at the Butler Blvd LaQuinta rather than the Baymeadows LaQuinta. I can't remember why one was better than the other.:confused: It's down to these 2. Thanks for all the replies.

Archived