Photo of a Vista Class ship from...

I may have what you are looking for. We were on the Maasdam, in Tortola, tied up beside the Noordam. I was more interested in the reflection of the Maasdam name, but the photo does show the balconies, center ship just aft of the elevators.

Now if I can just figure out how to attach a photo.

Dick

Balcony-Rms.jpg.70d52389521ca81ffc1fbf149bb562ee.jpg

Here you go. :D The 1st 3 are the Westerdam taken from the Carnival Conquest in Grand Cayman, the 4th one is the Zuiderdam (sp) taken from the Carnival Pride in Cabo San Lucas and the 5th one is the Noordam (if I remember right) taken from the Carnival Pride in Cabo San Lucas. :D They are beautiful ships and I get to sail on one (the Eurodam) over New Years this year!! :D I can't wait!! :D

20080214-160707.jpg.8b2345f2e5c8ca047ec1176aac374f1b.jpg

20080214-160723.jpg.f20c6fdf4f51948cfb7191d5b86bfd2c.jpg

20080214-160758.jpg.2b3bc14f145206ac874e2c1e758d591b.jpg

2119432596_QMandCP1415.jpg.bcc81a1ccc5a2c08e2bbc670f409336d.jpg

988818689_QMandCP1403.jpg.f9c275615341942428c77d8a4dfedd34.jpg

Thank you for all the replies and great photo's.

Onbec's photo came the closest to what I am looking for. I was hoping to see one of the steel covered areas of a verandah, to see the size difference from the glass covered. I have interior shots, but it is hard to see the actual depth of a balcony when taken so close.

Thanks again!

manbehindthecurtain - You have to load your photos to a program such as Photobucket.com and then copy the link directly in the thread on these boards. The link to use for these boards is the IMG code...like this photo that I took of the aft verandas on the Oosterdam.

Aft.jpg

Here is a blow up of the balconies in my previous post. I hope these help.

If you would like a larger picture, I'd be glad to email you a copy.

Youc can reach me at - resdale at videotron.ca (replace the word at with the @)

Dick

1304723358_BalconyCloseup.jpg.e56623bda1f155b928c2fca649084c8b.jpg

Onbec's photo came the closest to what I am looking for. I was hoping to see one of the steel covered areas of a verandah, to see the size difference from the glass covered.
Do you mean VF4005 through VF4042? They are the same depth as the VD: 7.5 feet, or about 1.5 feet greater than the side VA/VB/VC. However, the four VH (4001 - 4004) are slightly less because of the bow curve.

Looks like you're getting a pretty good collection!;) Here are some of Oosterdam taken from Ryndam while she (Ryndam) was approaching her berth in Mazatlan, Sinaloa, Mexico

IMG_5879.jpg?t=1205106400

IMG_5884.jpg?t=1205106438

Here's the difference between a life boat (left two) and a tender (right two)

IMG_5887.jpg?t=1205106522

Check out the window-washing trolley attached to the port side-rear

Onbec - Love the reflection!

Copper10-8 - Those are great photos of the verandahs, but the first one cut just short of the verandah section that I wanted. It's the deck right below that woman in the pink shirt. :(

jtl513 - Yes, those are one in the same. I knew the dimensions, but wanted to see the actual verandah. Thanks you!

..........Copper10-8 - Those are great photos of the verandahs, but the first one cut just short of the verandah section that I wanted. It's the deck right below that woman in the pink shirt. :( ............

OK, got ya! Stand by, please

That's absolutely perfect! In fact, the very last metal balcony is mine on the Noordam (just half of it shows - gold curtain).

One thing that I had not realized, is how open the verandah is. I didn't know that part of it is open to above. Normally, I don't care for that.

You are looking at the Oosterdam, and not the Noordam, correct?

We have been taking the most forward cabins on the Vista's, right under the cameras. It is very private.

You are looking at the Oosterdam, and not the Noordam, correct?

We have been taking the most forward cabins on the Vista's, right under the cameras. It is very private.

Yes, Coppers photo is of the Oosterdam, but we will be on the Noordam.

Final payment was today! :eek:

Archived