April 13-20 Aboard SD2

Cammiem

Since I'll be crazy-busy tomorrow prepping for Saturday's departure, I thought I'd take the time to create a thread for next week's voyage. My daily spoilings, pamperings, crew appreciations, low-key adventures, meal reports, etc. will be posted to my blog. As time allows, I'll post pictures. I'll post a link to it below. I'm hoping to announce said posts here.

As a side note, I blogged our first SD voyage and you can find it on my blog by clicking on "2007" on the right hand side. Once there, you'll need to page down to the post entitled, "November 3rd Embarkation." That begins our November SeaDream1 voyage. You'll then need to page-up to read each day's post. Remember, I'm a very wordy trip reporter. There are a few pictures, too, including a great one with Capt. Berg.

www.camsfam.blogspot.com

We're enroute to St. Barts and don't arrive until 2pm. We're dyin' a slow death here with seasickness. :( DH is espcially bad. We have left our stateroom for chairs near the restrooms on Deck 6. I am back in the stateroom now to figure out what to do about it on the Internet. We took two little white pills from the Concierge, but I don't think they're helping enough. We did not suffer from this in the Med., so unfortunately we're not prepared.

We're enroute to St. Barts and don't arrive until 2pm. We're dyin' a slow death here with seasickness. :( DH is espcially bad. We have left our stateroom for chairs near the restrooms on Deck 6. I am back in the stateroom now to figure out what to do about it on the Internet. We took two little white pills from the Concierge, but I don't think they're helping enough. We did not suffer from this in the Med., so unfortunately we're not prepared.

Sorry to hear about the rough seas:(

Here are somethings that might help ...

Ask for some candied ginger and some freshly brewed ginger tea. Nibble on the candy and sip on the tea even if you think you can't. See if you can find some green apples as well.

Get yourself upstairs to TOY Bar sit at a table and concentrate on the horizon ... the fresh air should help as well.

Hopefully these tips and the little white pills will help!

Thanks for the suggestions. I am feeling better. It helps that we are now anchored in St. Barts. DH isn't as lucky. We've taken the little white pills and have had the patch on for a few hours. DH has vomitted over 15 times. Enough is enough, so I had the wonderful ship's doctor visit us. He gave DH a shot for the nausea & a powdered electrolyte to mix with water.

We're hoping to eat lunch today and are so, so thankful we are anchored here overnight.

c-dreamer, how long did it take your wife to feel relief with the pacth?

Your poor DH should be feeling better in no time with the "magic" shot!

Food is your friend ... especially dry toast! Also, don't forget ginger ale!

Are a lot of folks seasick?

Hopefully you will have a better evening tonight!

she responded in a few hours... but she never really got violently sick to begin with... she did not vomit like others...

quite a few people received the "shot"...

by the end of the cruise, between the seasickness, some minor injuries, and a cold-virus that someone brought on board (thanks a lot...), the doctor had seen 46 of the 104 on board.

tough trip...

Your poor DH should be feeling better in no time with the "magic" shot!

Food is your friend ... especially dry toast! Also, don't forget ginger ale!

Are a lot of folks seasick?

Hopefully you will have a better evening tonight!

Yes, DH felt better almost instantly after the magical shot. Note to self: get ear patch prior to sailing, no matter your seasickness record! Believe me, we're doing it that way next time. If there are any of you out there in Lurkdom, please be sure to get your seasickness patch 72 hours prior to embarkation, no matter your record with seasickness. It's awful!

There were a lot of folks seasick. Captain Willasen confirmed 3 meter seas, so no wonder there were many folks sick. I encountered several who weren't, and they all had the patch applied 72 hours prior to embarkation. Coincidence? I think now.

DJ, our Activities Director, James, mentioned he knew both you & the ctbjr's. He says hello to you all. I had hoped he'd remember a few other CC people, but he had to run ahead of our group to ensure that the tender did not leave us. And, that happened to end our CC conversation.

Yes, DH felt better almost instantly after the magical shot. Note to self: get ear patch prior to sailing, no matter your seasickness record! Believe me, we're doing it that way next time. If there are any of you out there in Lurkdom, please be sure to get your seasickness patch 72 hours prior to embarkation, no matter your record with seasickness. It's awful!

There were a lot of folks seasick. Captain Willasen confirmed 3 meter seas, so no wonder there were many folks sick. I encountered several who weren't, and they all had the patch applied 72 hours prior to embarkation. Coincidence? I think now.

DJ, our Activities Director, James, mentioned he knew both you & the ctbjr's. He says hello to you all. I had hoped he'd remember a few other CC people, but he had to run ahead of our group to ensure that the tender did not leave us. And, that happened to end our CC conversation.

Glad to hear that you are feeling better!

Three meter seas ... that'll do it:eek:

Please pass our regards on to James! I'm sure you will have time to catch up with him and have a CC conversation!

Looking forward to updates on your blog. Anxious to hear what you did on St. Barts and how you liked it!

DJ, our Activities Director, James, mentioned he knew both you & the ctbjr's. He says hello to you all.

Thanks for passing the message along, Cammiem. Please give our regards to James. We miss him and hope that he and his girls are well. We were thinking of him last week when we were among a very small group (200 or so) listening to Davis Gaines sing a selection from Phantom. We couldn't decide who has the better voice: Davis, James or James' brother Mack -- although we did agree that Mack is the better looking of the group.

Please warn James that we've just booked a trip on SD2 in late June. Rumor has it that he's currently scheduled to be on board then.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your cruise.

We love to cruise the smaller ships(our first trip on SD 2 coming up in June!)but hubby does get seasick. He discovered the patch while serving as a ship's physician with the marines back in the 80's. After some trial and error we now put the patch on when we embark. I cut the patch in 1/2 as i am 120 pounds and would not want the same dose as my 170 lb. hubby. He has tried 1/2 a patch but now uses a whole one. You must replace it after 3 days or so-dont forget. It stays on very well-I found it behind my ear a few days after our last cruise had ended-ugh. there are some possible side effects including dry mouth but none of that has bothered me.

We have had some rough seas in the med, the baltic, in tahiti and a bit this last cruise on windsurf in the carribbean(over new year's). Its just the luck of the draw I guess. If seas get really bad take a bonine and go to bed. The lower the cabin deck the better! You can ask your doctor for the patch before you leave and also ask for compazine or phenergan-both are anti-nausea medications.

Happy cruising.

listening to Davis Gaines sing a selection from Phantom. We couldn't decide who has the better voice: Davis, James or James' brother Mack -- although we did agree that Mack is the better looking of the group.

James has by far the better voice ctbjr, I wish we could get him to sing more often. I haven't met Mack, he wasn't on board when I was. Have you had cataract surgery recently or do you need it? Maybe it's just the salt water effecting your eyesight. only kidding. Enjoy your cruise in June, I wish I were going with you.

Cammiem, I hope you are enjoying your cruise, tell James I said "HI" also and to sing "Bring him Home". We miss him.

James has by far the better voice ctbjr, I wish we could get him to sing more often. I haven't met Mack, he wasn't on board when I was. Have you had cataract surgery recently or do you need it? Maybe it's just the salt water effecting your eyesight. only kidding. Enjoy your cruise in June, I wish I were going with you.

Cammiem, I hope you are enjoying your cruise, tell James I said "HI" also and to sing "Bring him Home". We miss him.

I don't know...James is really great...but Mack has a style that is unique! But, Mack is probably not up to the standards that SD demands of staff, so I would not be surprised if he is not around anymore, or very often. James probably knows what happened to Mack. Ask him sometime.....!

Can you tell us how the seas are today???

The seas were fine yesterday. We slept outside on the forward Balinese bed while we sailed to Bequia -- very few swells. We anchored overnight in Bequia and enjoyed pre-dinner cocktails & dinner al fresco. It was lovely!

We are sailing as we speak to Petit Bateau, Tobago Cays, Grenadines and the seas are friendly, skies are blue. We'll use the Zodiac service and I'm looking forward to a wet landing (I am easily amused). :)

Thank you, NASCAB. We are really having a great time and enjoying relaxing in paradise.

Sure is quiet around here....

I guess Cammiem and DH are getting ready for the best part of a SD cruise ... the champagne and caviar splash!

DH, DD and I returned to our native Pennsylvania Thursday night to take care of DH's mother's estate issues ... sure wish we were at the champagne and caviar splash instead!

Have a wonderful time Cammiem!

I guess Cammiem and DH are getting ready for the best part of a SD cruise ... the champagne and caviar splash!

DH, DD and I returned to our native Pennsylvania Thursday night to take care of DH's mother's estate issues ... sure wish we were at the champagne and caviar splash instead!

Have a wonderful time Cammiem!

Yes, you are both right. We've just returned from celebrating the week at the Champagne & Caviar Splash. I don't think there are enough adjectives in existence to describe the event. It was amazing.

I had full intentions of posting the next daily installment whilst we were sailing the other day (don't know which day since I've lost track of time). However, the seas were a little choppy & I had that reading-while-driving-in-a-car syndrome. Grabbed my candied ginger & ran upstairs to Deck 6 as fast as I could.

We've enjoyed watching maryella and her family this week. Her girls are beautiful and they seem to be having a wonderful time.

Ugh. I'm having computer problems, so cannot post the rest of my blog. Will do so as soon as it's fixed.

DJ, I have something for you from Chef Robert! It's signed, too!

I was wondering why your blog hadn't been updated! Hopefully all will be well soon:)

Something from Chef Robert you say? You can email me at jsl6 at yahoo dot com.

Since my desktop is still out of commission, I've hijacked my DDs laptop to update my blog. Everything up through disembarkation has been posted. Happy reading!

....missing daily life and new friends aboard SD2. :)

Archived