blender recipies

susi_q

I've cruised five times and have always taken our blender from home. It saves us tons of $ every cruise. Take your rum, drink mixes, etc..in plastic containers in your luggage. I usually get fresh fruit from the breakfast buffet in the AM.

On the first day of the cruise I buy one of their over-priced watered down drinks in that foo-foo cup to use the entire week.

I make all kinds of frozen drinks ranging from smoothies for the kids and margaritas for mom lol. The cabin is never that far away from the pool so it always works out great. Everyone around you will be jealous by the pool because you came up with such an awesome idea.

Our cabin steward always leaves us extra ice every day and of course I reward him with an extra tip.

I bet my sail and sign card went down hundreds after our first cruise thanks to our blender.

Oh yeah.. don't forget an extension cord since you are limited to only one outlet in a cabin.

montycjv

We have "smuggled" booze on the ship by carrying our rum in a large bottle of water. We just dump the water out, pour in the rum (or any other clear liquid) and carry it onto the ship in our hand or in a carry on bag. We've never had any problems:)

I've cruised five times and have always taken our blender from home. It saves us tons of $ every cruise. Take your rum, drink mixes, etc..in plastic containers in your luggage. I usually get fresh fruit from the breakfast buffet in the AM.

On the first day of the cruise I buy one of their over-priced watered down drinks in that foo-foo cup to use the entire week.

I make all kinds of frozen drinks ranging from smoothies for the kids and margaritas for mom lol. The cabin is never that far away from the pool so it always works out great. Everyone around you will be jealous by the pool because you came up with such an awesome idea.

Our cabin steward always leaves us extra ice every day and of course I reward him with an extra tip.

I bet my sail and sign card went down hundreds after our first cruise thanks to our blender.

Oh yeah.. don't forget an extension cord since you are limited to only one outlet in a cabin.

What type of blender do you recommed?

• 2 weeks later...

Any cheap blender from Wal-Mart works. lol :) I bought one a few years ago and it has made hundreds of foo-foo drinks.

As far as taking liquor on board,, simple..... they don't open any bottles. I usually do what the others have done and fill quart plastic water bottles,etc... Believe me, it will save you a ton of money in the long run. You can also refill them in the ports if you run out.

I usually just buy drinks at night at the clubs or shows. The blender drinks are for during the day at poolside.

Anyone out there have some good blender drink ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I know a lot of you get good use from your blenders - at home or on the ship. I'm looking for some good recipies - whether smoothies, foo foo drinks, whatever.

Please share yours! thanks

Great 'Rita' recipies ! Click the picture, then take me to, wait to load, then have a drink. Go to the Cantina, make a choice, and the recipie will post above.

Concoctions_tequila-over.gif

• 2 weeks later...

susi,

Here's another for ya !

Hot Tennessee Toddy

• Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey
    Spoonful of honey
    Cinnamon stick
    A good squeeze of fresh lemon juice
    Boiling water

In a heavy mug pour in a good shot of Jack Daniel's. Add a spoonful of honey, a cinnamon stick and lemon juice. Top with boiling water; stir. Sit down. Relax. Enjoy.

• 1 month later...

STRAWBERRY DRINK (ALCOHOLIC)

1 bottle of Malibu rum

1 bottle of Daily's Strawberry Daiquiri Mix

1 carton of Dole's Pineapple orange banana juice

crushed ice

In a blender, chop ice until it is in small pieces.

Fill 1/3 of the blender with each ingredient.

Blend until thoroughly mixed, and serve in a frosted glass

GRAPE CRUSH (Alcoholic Drink)

1 1/2 oz. vodka

1 oz. Triple Sec

5 oz. Welch's Grape Juice

Sprite drink

Lime wheel

Orange Blossoms

In a tall, ice-filled pitcher, add 1 1/2 ounces of gin for each serving. Fill the rest of the pitcher with orange juice and stir.

Straight from the shot glass and down the hatch. All of these drinks should be mixed and served in individual shot glasses.

Amaretto Kiss: Mix a 1/2 ounce each of amaretto, lemonade, pineapple juice, and vodka.

Mudslide: Layer equal parts Kahlua, vodka, and Bailey’s Irish Creme in a glass.

Big City: Combine equal parts of vodka, triple sec, and lemon juice.

Ice Cream Drinks

In a blender, add 1 ounce each of white créme de menthe and créme de cacao and 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream. Blend until it is a milkshake consistency. Pour in a martini glass or cocktail glass and top with a crushed chocolate cookie.

Grasshopper

In a blender filled with 4-6 ice cubes, add 1 ounce each of créme de menthe and white créme de cacao. Mix in 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream. Blend until of milkshake consistency.

Creamsicle

Pour 1 1/2 ounces each of Galiano and Grand Marnier into a blender filled with 4-6 ice cubes. Add 1 scoop of vanilla ice cream. Top with a splash of orange juice and grenadine. Blend until it is the consistency of a milkshake. If the mixture is too thick, add more orange juice. Pour into a glass and garnish with an orange slice.

Coffee Drinks

Cappucino Sausalito

Combine 1/2 ounce each of amaretto and Kahlua in a large mug. Pour in 4 ounces each of coffee and hot chocolate. Mix. Top with whipped cream.

Caffe Di Amaretto

In a mug, pour 1 ounce of amaretto. Fill with hot coffee. Stir and garnish with whipped cream and minced orange rind.

Best Margarita Recipe

1 oz. Tequila

1 oz. Rose's Lime Juice

1 oz. Triple sec

Rim a Margarita glass with sea salt and fill with ice. Combine ingredients in a shaker half-filled with ice and shake vigorously. Strain into Margarita glass and garnish with lime

Blue Biznatch Margarita

1 oz. Tequila

1 oz. Rose's Lime Juice

1 oz. Blue Curacao

Also works well as a frozen Margarita

Tequila Sunrise

Collins Glass

Fill with ice.

1 oz. Tequila

Fill with orange juice.

Float 1/2 oz. grenadine on the top.

Brave Bull

Rocks Glass filled with ice

1 1/2 oz. Tequila

1/2 oz. Kahlua

Cockroach

1 1/2 oz Gold Tequila

1 oz Kalhua

Pour into an old fashioned glass and set fire to it with a lighter. Stick in a straw and drink immediately.

Strawberry-Banana Colada

1 mashed ripe banana

1/2 pint mashed strawberries

4 ounces cream of coconut

6 ounces rum

3 ounces banana liqueur

3 cups crushed ice

Place the banana, strawberries, cream of coconut, rum, and banana liqueur in a blender and process until smooth. Add the crushed ice and process until smooth and thick. Pour into chilled glasses.

Archived